Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I'm indifferent to JA, though I admire his work on 'Solar Power.' 'Bleachers' doesn't do anything for me. I didn't find his production great across NFR. It was much better, I thought, on COCC. BB proved to me she can do better without him, or at least as good. I'd prefer she move on, personally. Of course I will accept whatever choices she makes. 

Hopefully this is for LDR11, and in the meantime Lana will release another beautiful album in the vein of 'Blue Banisters' filled with nicely produced songs of different genres from different producers; so by the time she releases the next record I won't even care that Jack came back to disappoint us with yet another palatable album, with an unimaginative production. :ma:

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I'm indifferent to JA, though I admire his work on 'Solar Power.' 'Bleachers' doesn't do anything for me. I didn't find his production great across NFR. It was much better, I thought, on COCC. BB proved to me she can do better without him, or at least as good. I'd prefer she move on, personally. Of course I will accept whatever choices she makes. 

a little louder for the people in the back

We know that there are "bombastic" songs from the Antonoff recording sessions that still haven't been used. And of course there's Loved You Then and Now. Maybe they're putting finishing touches on those songs? IDK, I don't get people being upset. I think we've known for a while that Jack was coming back. Plus nowadays Chemtrails is pretty highly regarded and of course NFR was a major success even if some fans didn't like it. And Lana and Jack clearly get along well --  it makes sense that they would keep working together.

Spoiler

Or maybe Rob is recording a solo album with Jack Antonoff lmaooo

Not y’all acting like Jack isn’t one of her top tier collaborators/ producers. This reminds me of when it was cool to hate HM. Y’all gonna be ( metaphorically) sucking his dick on here in a few years mark my words! ( if ya wanna literally I made the Jack Antonoff Thirst Thread at some point in the Cocc era, post away)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Hopefully this is for LDR11, and in the meantime Lana will release another beautiful album in the vein of 'Blue Banisters' filled with nicely produced songs of different genres from different producers

I have to say I prefer records of one genre. They seem more like one cohesive work with a central theme to me. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

I have to say I prefer records of one genre. They seem more like one cohesive work with a central theme to me. 

Agreed, although I will say that overall I found Blue Banisters' sound to be somewhat cohesive, I'll take the production on that album over the NFR production any day.

chill guys, they're just finishing Lana's second poetry audiobook.

Spoiler

or are they?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Agreed, although I will say that overall I found Blue Banisters' sound to be somewhat cohesive, I'll take the production on that album over the NFR production any day.

NFR is not cohesive at all to me tbh. This isn‘t NFR slander, it‘s a really good album! But if you‘d listen to the songs separately without knowing they’re on one album, in my opinion, you wouldn‘t be able to tell that they belong together. Whereas you can definitely tell that the songs of Sirens, AKA, BTD, UV and Honeymoon belong together, by the sound, theme and lyrics. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 hour ago, lustforlife said:

And i said in the end WILL LIZZY FIND SOMETIME AGAIN WITH JACK SOON? lets cheer... Stupid ass bitch

i don't pretend to be an insider just to be proven wrong like... a day later

:blush3:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Maybe it's just personal preference but if you take the 2 non Jack songs from NFR and Chemtrails you can tell how pretty and interesting they sound even while still being very simple in production.

Bartender is only piano and Yosemite is only a guitar but they are miles ahead anything Jack did with those instruments on those albums sorry :smile2: he has nothing on daddy Rick I said what I said :pussypower:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

We know that there are "bombastic" songs from the Antonoff recording sessions that still haven't been used. And of course there's Loved You Then and Now. Maybe they're putting finishing touches on those songs? IDK, I don't get people being upset. I think we've known for a while that Jack was coming back. Plus nowadays Chemtrails is pretty highly regarded and of course NFR was a major success even if some fans didn't like it. And Lana and Jack clearly get along well --  it makes sense that they would keep working together.

Reveal hidden contents

Or maybe Rob is recording a solo album with Jack Antonoff lmaooo

Yeah NFR is now often seen as one of the best albums of the past decade. I’ve even seen it show up on a few best albums of all time lists. Even if you don’t like NFR, you have to admit that it was a really successful album for her. 

I’ve had time to analyze the photograph and there’s so many hidden clues embedded within the image:

It says Jack Antonio at the top which means Lanita’s Latina era is among us and the track list appears to be split in half with white space in the center which means it’s a two-part album with approximately 23 songs on side A and 17 songs on side B:

B5470573-62-D2-44-EF-AD24-5-BBF357-CBBD2

This new era’s flowers are tulips whatever these are:

C43-B6-E2-E-0-B2-B-4-B10-9500-57-CADF0-F

Her guitar-drenched synth rock new age gospel boy’s chamber choir magnum condom is upon us given these guitar necks cleverly hidden in the background: 

5-D70-A9-A1-719-C-4-CA5-98-D4-F83-FFB832

Yosemite-esque folk-rock side B will be the dominant theme on the latter half of the record noted by Laura’s edible trees: 

14-F8-DA31-52-F9-4086-90-CE-D5776-EC34-A

Lana will yet again premiere at least one new song at the next Apple event as witnessed by these lighting to USB chargers: 

9713-AF91-E590-4-E9-D-9209-5-F3-F74-C9-B

We’re set to receive her most personal yet ethereal record to date as witnessed by this single waveform generated by her burping into the mic:

0790-B98-F-165-F-436-B-8-BF1-C30612-D888

You’re all welcome for this analysis, I’m so excited WE RLY FUCKING WON :wowcry:

I want Jack back. His production on Chemtrails wasn't as good as Norman, but it still miles better than Banisters as a whole. White Dress is top 5 on her discography, in every aspect (even production wise)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

came back to the boards to say wtf, i thought we were getting a mike dean alboom :noparty:

delulus like us always get false hope

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lana and I met, and similar to what I was describing with Claire, we kind of had this magic and pretty quickly had written and recorded, what was almost the entirety of "Norman Rockwell" (her previous album) and many other songs. A lot of of things ended up on "Chemtrails," and a lot of things haven't been released. And it's because in the period that we were first working together, it was like three things happened. There were these songs that we just called the "Norman" songs, because they just have this very distinct feeling to them. There were these even more quiet songs happening, and then there were these really bombastic songs, which didn't really fit anywhere....The songs that lived in a more quiet place, that was the bedrock for "Chemtrails." We did way more work, but she always has this thing of having the next album going before the one that's finished, and that was the case.

Seeing that both "Norman" and "Chemtrails" are released it means LDR9 will have bombastic songs :agree: