Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

17 hours ago, godsmonster said:

enough of this acoustic sound letā€™s bring the lush production back

unless Rob means ā€œetherealā€ like Titanic Rising, then by all means give me a LDR Titanic Rising album

i highly doubt thats what he means

17 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Me reading Drew Erickson slander on this threadĀ 

6-C245732-30-FA-4-B68-AFD2-487-D0-C79116
Ā 

Why do we hateĀ him? Also where is Zachary Dawes? My bussy hasnā€™t recovered from his contributions to Lanaā€™sĀ discography :oprah3:

I donā€™t really like the work he has done with Lana so far except for Sweet Carolina tbh. I know people donā€™t like Jack,Ā but I donā€™t see how anything he produced is worse than WCE or Beautiful. The most interestingĀ songs on Blue Banisters like Dealer, BBS, Thunder, and Text Book were not produced by him. My top pick if she had to work with a current producer right now would be Zachary Dawes too,Ā as he contributed to all these songs.Ā 

6 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I donā€™t really like the work he has done with Lana so far except for Sweet Carolina tbh. I know people donā€™t like Jack,Ā but I donā€™t see how anything he produced is worse than WCE or Beautiful. The most interestingĀ songs on Blue Banisters like Dealer, BBS, Thunder, and Text Book were not produced by him. My top pick if she had to work with a current producer right now would be Zachary Dawes too,Ā as he contributed to all these songs.Ā 

jack did a good job producing most tracks on nfr, but i feel his production kind of got worst on solar power and cotcc. if he makes a comeback and lana starts experimenting more i think theyā€™d make a great duo

7 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

jack did a good job producing most tracks on nfr, but i feel his production kind of got worst on solar power and cotcc. if he makes a comeback and lana starts experimenting more i think theyā€™d make a great duo

Ā 

i like to shit on jack for laughs but in all seriousness most of the stuff people blame him for is probably lanaā€™s / lordeā€™s fault

Ā 

especially when heā€™s proven himself with melodrama, the taylor albums, masseduction, daddyā€™s home, the recent florence stuff, need i go on?

Ā 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, EndlessSummer said:

I hope the next album is just new songs and no unreleased.

i hope she pulls a cotcc and adds like 1 or 2 outstanding songs from a previous era, but not a bb

Just now, the ocean said:

Ā 

i like to shit on jack for laughs but in all seriousness most of the stuff blame him for is probably lanaā€™s fault

Ā 

especially when heā€™s proven himself with melodrama, the taylor albums, masseduction, daddyā€™s home, the recent florence stuff, need i go on?

i make fun of him too:creepna3:

but honestly heā€™s done such good production on some projects

22 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

Ā 

15 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Ā 

i like to shit on jack for laughs but in all seriousness most of the stuff people blame him for is probably lanaā€™s / lordeā€™s fault

Ā 

Yeah agreed. Jack has proven that he can be a great producer. Daddyā€™s Home was really good. One of my favorite albums last year.Ā 

'Ethereal' was a clever choice of words on Rob's part, because it is such a subjective word, and can mean almost anything (within limits). Now we know where Lana gets her broad, often inaccurate,Ā descriptive abilityĀ when it comes to describing her own forthcoming albums.Ā 

Ā 

Question: did Lana say she wrote over 100 songs for LFL, or did she say she actually produced 100, or some part of a 100? I hadn't heard that. That'sĀ pretty impressive, whatever the facts were, if true.Ā 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

'Ethereal' was a clever choice of words on Rob's part, because it is such a subjective word, and can mean almost anything (within limits). Now we know where Lana gets her broad, often inaccurate,Ā descriptive abilityĀ when it comes to describing her own forthcoming albums.Ā 

Ā 

Question: did Lana say she wrote over 100 songs for LFL, or did she say she actually produced 100, or some part of a 100? I hadn't heard that. That'sĀ pretty impressive, whatever the facts were, if true.Ā 

Ā 

she probably wrote 100 songs which have most likely trickled onto more recent projects (ie. california, thunder, next best american record, yosemite, etc)

Ā 

edit: i know california & thunder are tlsp outtakes but they were probably written during the lfl sessions :oprah3:

Ā 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

Ā 

she probably wrote 100 songs which have most likely trickled onto more recent projects (ie. california, thunder, next best american record, yosemite, etc)

Ā 

edit: i know california & thunder are tlsp outtakes but they were probably written during the lfl sessions :oprah3:

Yeah, that's my sense as well, that if she wrote 100 odd new songs, some of them had to have been reworked for her next three albums. She seems to have an incredibly large pool of unreleased songs to chose from, many of which we have no idea of whatsoever.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Ā 

I think that information has been given to us by honeymoon. TheĀ 100 songs probably include the songs with the TLSP, many rough demos or unfinished parts (like the rumoured Sugary Sweet from the HM sessions or Valley of the Dolls)Ā and demos to songs that made it to the album (like the LFL demo). I doubt that there were 100 finished songs like Serene Queen.Ā 

21 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If Rob is confirmed as playing a big role on LDR9, I think jazz or blues would be my personal preference. I think that would be a natural transition from a handful of songs on Blue Banisters (think Text Book), and her voice fits the genres perfectly.Ā 

Ā 

YeeeessssĀ but I want full-on jazz, like glamorousĀ vintage jazzĀ :smokes2:

New York bar jazz pls

20230718-113117.gif

Honey,Ā you makeĀ me feel I'm invincible

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think that information has been given to us by honeymoon. TheĀ 100 songs probably include the songs with the TLSP, many rough demos or unfinished parts (like the rumoured Sugary Sweet from the HM sessions or Valley of the Dolls)Ā and demos to songs that made it to the album (like the LFL demo). I doubt that there were 100 finished songs like Serene Queen.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, GLF. That makes sense. Still, what a reservoir of 'drafts'Ā to pull from she must have. I wonder if the 'political songs' she's mentioned that she cut from LFL were finished, and will ever see the light of day, in some way?Ā 

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Ā 

Thanks, GLF. That makes sense. Still, what a reservoir of 'drafts'Ā to pull from she must have. I wonder if the 'political songs' she's mentioned that she cut from LFL were finished, and will ever see the light of day, in some way?Ā 

I always thought that Looking for America could have been one of those, just bit changed in the light of the shootings that took place during the time she finished it. Maybe hope was some sorta of draft from the LFL sessions (she did say that it took her three years to finish it, with Jackā€™s help, plus it complements Heroin super well).

Imagine there's alternative plotĀ where Lana is posting on IG picture from Zoom conference where we can see her with Mike Dean smoking weed in bathtub, Emile Haynie with peace sign, pout lips, Jack who is shirtless and Zach Dawes with guitar in hand and #LDR9 in caption:defeated:

Jack's work with Lana is incredible, it's so funny to me when people complain about him. NFR, Violet, and Chemtrails are all sublime. I love Lana working with different producers, but I have no issue with him returning. I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of their work together because a lot of it is some of the best she's done.Ā 

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Jack's work with Lana is incredible, it's so funny to me when people complain about him. NFR, Violet, and Chemtrails are all sublime. I love Lana working with different producers, but I have no issue with him returning. I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of their work together because a lot of it is some of the best she's done.Ā 

Ā 

The production on Violet is literally amazing. The retro atmosphere onĀ some of the songs is brilliant and something I wanted from Lana for a very long time.

Ā 

Still hoping we get those instrumentals one day, It's my favorite production since Paradise

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I've come a long way with my appreciation of Jack's work with Lana, and I can't really tell whether or not it's Lana of Jack's input that doesn't work for me, but besides a few key tracks (which are some of her best work if I'm being honest; mainly Venice Bitch & White Dress)Ā I find their work together to be very underwhelming.

I also like that Lana has and will always work with different people, but I feel like we've heard enough of the Antonoff/Del Rey collab.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Ā 

The production on Violet is literally amazing. The retro atmosphere onĀ some of the songs is brilliant and something I wanted from Lana for a very long time.

Ā 

Still hoping we get those instrumentals one day, It's my favorite production since Paradise

Ā 

Agreed! It is so mysterious and cinematic and gorgeous. I wish they had released a double vinyl that included the instrumentals, I would listen to it all the time.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I've come a long way with my appreciation of Jack's work with Lana, and I can't really tell whether or not it's Lana of Jack's input that doesn't work for me, but besides a few key tracks (which are some of her best work if I'm being honest; mainly Venice Bitch & White Dress)Ā I find their work together to be very underwhelming.

I also like that Lana has and will always work with different people, but I feel like we've heard enough of the Antonoff/Del Rey collab.Ā 

Ā 

That's fair we all have our opinions, but personally I find it anything but underwhelming and I highly doubt we've seen the last of their work together. At the very least, he should be back for Behind the Iron Gates because the atmosphere he added to her poetry was out of this world.