Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

will her next album be a 3rd sibling??

i mean it really goes NFR, COCC, BB so there's kind of already 3

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Just cause you have access to coveted material (or withhold it), doesn't mean your takes on Lana's music are... accurate. 

If anything, except for the poor audio on the unreleased tracks she put on the album, Blue Banisters is her best album as far as production goes since Honeymoon. :dafuq:

the production is excellent :true:

everything wrong with bb is completely lana's fault

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I can’t imagine Lana doing an album without several piano ballads.  It will be different but it will still have the usual ballads.  I think she likes them because of the simplicity and easy production …she can just churn them out.  Lana certainly isn’t gonna care what fans want either so it’s all down to her.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

33 minutes ago, the ocean said:

it’d be so good :trisha:

piano itself isn’t bad it’s just that lana uses it to make sleepy songs about how picasso is sad and how chickens are running around

I can't even talk shit about the Picasso (which is one of her cringiest lyrics ever) or chicken lyrics because at the end of the day I know she's happier than me :icant: Also, that trickle piano intro on Beautiful gets me every time :cumming2:

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's lies in what i said :true:

tbh i don't disagree with the fact that a lot of the bad production choices were likely Lanas own idea... but that doesn't change the fact that the production itself is bad quality. 

I think this is exemplified with Chemtrails being beautifully produced, even though the choice to have a more lowkey and spacey sonic sound which was unpopular among some listeners was Lana's vision for the album. If she wanted looser, more casual, sort of chaotic sound for BB that could have been achieved while still reaching a professional standard on the production end. 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

45 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Still wondering how many outtakes there are left… 2016-17 has been very prolific for her. 

didn’t she record like over 100 songs for lust for life

i love you, but you don't understand me.

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

so chances for fine china on ldr9 are rising 

here my ldr9 ethereal/piano tracklist (some songs with rework):

• Life Is Still Beautiful
  • I Don't Wanna Go
  • I Talk To Jesus
  • Starry Eyed
  • Angels Forever, Forever Angels
  • Say Yes To Heaven
  • Your Girl
  • Fine China
  • On & On & On
  • Valley of the Dolls

but I hope she has a lot new unknown songs on it :icant:

It’s never gonna happen just surrender to the suffering 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Bopping to Ballads in Britain with Ben is the albums title sorry twinks it’s ballad season

:nono:

either it's ballads with no piano or upbeat piano tracks but we refuse to have both piano + ballad

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

Arcadia and Beautiful had really bad audio clipping issues. People had to reach out to Spotify to fix them because it was unlistenable at certain parts. It’s more so referring to the sound quality of the songs that have been released lately. Lana is partly responsible for not catching these issues, but it also points to careless work from the producers she is currently working with. 

Who does the mixxing? That seems to more often be the issue rather than production which i personally always like for the most part

Lana has always written ballads. Part of including Cherry Blossom and Nectar of the Gods on BB was to prove that she had always written songs like that. Hell, think of Sirens or Pawn Shop Blues or On Our Way. What we need to manifest are ballads with fat beats like Without You or Born to Die.

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

:nono:

either it's ballads with no piano or upbeat piano tracks but we refuse to have both piano + ballad

Its called a power ballad u cultureless swine…..do the 80s mean NOTHING to you??? Spirit says ballads will continue until morale improves…

2 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Its called a power ballad u cultureless swine…..do the 80s mean NOTHING to you??? Spirit says ballads will continue until morale improves…

i know what a power ballad is but i’m ok with a soft synthy or twinkly ballad too i just want the piano to leave or be used for something other than a ballad

10 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Who does the mixxing? That seems to more often be the issue rather than production which i personally always like for the most part

Yeah you are right. I kind of was assuming that the production team included the sound mixers. I guess that is technically not always the case? Looked up who did the mixing for those two songs and it was Drew Erickson and Dean Reid.

The piano ballad being strong (good) or weak (bad) depends on the melody, as I see it.

'Old Money' had a beautiful melody, striking, dramatic lyrics, and a 'committed' vocal, so it was fantastic. And the same is true of the Paradise version of 'Yayo,' though I know many here prefer the original. The melody of 'Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems' is beautiful, and, at least for me, the song works. 

'Change,' on the other hand, could have used a lot more work and better phrasing ('human be-ins' always stings my ear). It was last-minute and rushed, and sounded that way. And in this case, the obvious roughness didn't add anything. 

'Violets For Roses,' for me, is one of my Top 5 of Lana's released songs--again, it's something like 'fully realized' and the melody is beautiful. 

So many of Lana's songs are piano-based; it's the first instrument we often hear, and probably partially how she composes. 

Like so many members, I'd like something edgier at this point, something more dynamic and energetic. Since her 'revenge' album didn't materialize (much) with BB, maybe we'll hear some of those outtakes on LDR9. 

13 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Lana has always written ballads. Part of including Cherry Blossom and Nectar of the Gods on BB was to prove that she had always written songs like that. Hell, think of Sirens or Pawn Shop Blues or On Our Way. What we need to manifest are ballads with fat beats like Without You or Born to Die.

Fat beats indeed. Exactly. 

7 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

so chances for fine china on ldr9 are rising 

here my ldr9 ethereal/piano tracklist (some songs with rework):

• Life Is Still Beautiful
  • I Don't Wanna Go
  • I Talk To Jesus
  • Starry Eyed
  • Angels Forever, Forever Angels
  • Say Yes To Heaven
  • Your Girl
  • Fine China
  • On & On & On
  • Valley of the Dolls

6 hours ago, shadesofyosemite said:

When she strips Your Girl down to a piano ballad and makes it the title track of LDR9 :ma: 

I wouldn't hate this, if the songs were slightly updated and we're actually HQ and not YouTube rips. We've got plenty of actual new songs in the span of a year, so I wouldn't be mad to have some of my favorites old unreleased being officially released. It would also help Lana decide to finally drop the 25-track album! 

New music is always welcome, but if they're going to be in the same vein as Blue Banisters (production-wise) I'd rather have something else :um3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

If we're getting outtakes on this album, I'm hoping we get ones we haven't heard before like If You Lie Down With Me. At the same time, though, it's entirely Lana's right to used leaked songs on her albums since they were never meant to be leaked in the first place. It's a slippery slope tbh. I really liked what she did with Thunder in reworking it (I'm one of the people that prefers the BB version), so it'd be kind of cool to see her string-ify another song like that lol

imageproxy.jpg