drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

Me reading this thread as if I've ever been able to tell the difference between HQ and LQ audio files 

christina-aguilera-computer.gif 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thank you---I'm comparing a few versions that claim to be HQ, but none actually sound like Misty's version in terms of clarity and crispness. There's a huge difference, so I don't think I've actually heard a genuine HQ version yet. 

It's still a vinyl rip. Until the digital version leaks it will be the best we have.

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

It's still a vinyl rip. Until the digital version leaks it will be the best we have.

Much appreciated. Can you tell me how long, in your opinion, the best version is? 

Just now, hotshot2am said:

If you mean the just uploaded one, no. I just reuploaded it with added metadata optimized for iTunes / Apple Music.

Oh, I see... thx!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

23 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Oh, I see... thx!

Now I see what you mean. Someone uploaded a file tagged as digital version shortly before I uploaded mine. Will check if it looks authentic.

Edit: Doesn't seem legit to me. It's basically the same file we have from @Dominikx4, just transcoded to AAC, slightly volume level increased, and with 2 seconds of silence added in the end.

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Thank you---I'm comparing a few versions that claim to be HQ, but none actually sound like Misty's version in terms of clarity and crispness. There's a huge difference, so I don't think I've actually heard a genuine HQ version yet. 

the two analyzed above seem to be the best, I think this can still be improved

11 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Now I see what you mean. Someone uploaded a file tagged as digital version shortly before I uploaded mine. Will check if it looks authentic.

from what i can tell, its just my rip

edit: nvm u already got that oops

image.png