drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

8 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This just proves to me that Lana has something special in her voice alone. I sat through the whole Father John Misty version on Spotify thinking Lana’s voice would come in at some point, and I was so bored and wanted to skip. Listening to Lana’s version is just… wow. I love it. She managed to make a song that I didn’t like at all a song that I really enjoyed just with her voice, everything else the same. What an artist!

I did the same with the FJM version because I had in my head that it was only a feature. FJMs voice is so nice, I'm always happy to listen to him, but Lana's one really blew me away. I really need to hear them sing together more.

5 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

The song is just so beautiful and her vocals are exactly what i’ve been wanting to hear from her for so long :trisha:

i would adore a similar direction for ldr9 

I know, same, but sadly I think Lana is only going to give such good vocals again when it's a collab or cover of some sort where she's influenced/pushed by something/someone else 

5 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

The song is just so beautiful and her vocals are exactly what i’ve been wanting to hear from her for so long :trisha:

i would adore a similar direction for ldr9 

Oh you and I both :pft:

56 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I know, same, but sadly I think Lana is only going to give such good vocals again when it's a collab or cover of some sort where she's influenced/pushed by something/someone else 

honestly havent heard vocals like that in such a long time from her that my first thought when listening is tht she recorded it years ago and he just used it now :deadbanana:

buut i hope im wrong and i hope she keeps this energy going into ldr9

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

Not for nothing, I think it's very corny in 2022 to release a song on a very specific medium and on that very specific medium only :scoff:

I feel like Lana ain’t feeling the track. The last chorus is cute, but the rest reminds me the live she did back in December for jack, the he heee are the same 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Finally listened to Buddy's Rendezvous :trisha: it took me several listens to get into it though. Love it now but my expectations were a bit too high. Her vocals are beautiful & I love the instrumentation. Wouldn't mind if LDR9 would be jazzy 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

44 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Not for nothing, I think it's very corny in 2022 to release a song on a very specific medium and on that very specific medium only :scoff:

Always remember that Lana didn't do this cover for herself or her fan base, but solely for FJM.

And if they want to sell the Deluxe Edition, which is supposed to be something very special, it makes sense not to release her song digitally too early.

Also have in mind that his last Deluxe Edition of Pure Comedy got a Grammy for Best Recording Package! :dua:

6 minutes ago, rural legend said:

Ok, I love Lana's cover of it but Mr Tillman ate it up too so let's not pretend otherwise.

I agree, I'd say his version is the better of the two, but that doesn't take anything away from Lana's sultry, torch singer-style version.

She uses what I call her 'siren' voice in parts, and we haven't heard that in a while, nor have we heard her doing torch song-style numbers. It makes me realize how great the 'American standards' album really could be, if she tackles some jazz vocal classics and really puts her imprint on them.