drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

22 minutes ago, NoSalvation77 said:

I can’t get over this song . Lana what on earth are you doing we deserve an album full of this type of songs . 

really. it's everything. the 70's singer songwriter vibes. if lana needs to have piano on a song this is how. this soulful piano. carol king piano vibes if ya must.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

15 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

really. it's everything. the 70's singer songwriter vibes. if lana needs to have piano on a song this is how. this soulful piano. carol king piano vibes if ya must.

Exactly ! I won’t stand another three notes jack antonoff production after this masterpiece . 

gorgerous track! reminds me of summertime the gershwin version, hopefully this one gets more recognition and won’t be forgotten just after few days lol. such a shame it will be available only on vinyl

5 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Misty has pretty much blown his opportunity to reach audiences with his last two dense, discordant albums. Had he stayed in the mold of his first two, he'd have achieved some commercial as well as critical success. It's self-sabotage. 

In other words, he has integrity and is not willing to compromise on his values or vision.

The song is stunning. I couldn’t initially place why it reminded me so much of NFR, but it’s because it’s in the same key as The greatest, it opens with a similar strings (probably a mellotron?), and it has that same C->C#dmin->Dm chord progression at the start. It’s like if The greatest and her cover of Summertime meshed together.

Apologies if someone’s made this comparison already lol. I wouldn’t be too shocked if LDR9 ended up similar to this!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath