Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Honestly I could totally see a single announcement on Honeymoon soon with her unlocking it though :oopna: I do think her label, especially considering her success on streaming platforms right now, will at least try to get Lana to reactivate her main(s) for an actual album announcement. Or as somebody else suggested earlier (Sorry I would honestly try to find it but we've added like 50 pages in a day and a half LOL) her team could take over her main and Lana could just stick to using Honeymoon. Thanksgiving timeline me thinks :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

4 minutes ago, For K said:

Honestly I could totally see a single announcement on Honeymoon soon with her unlocking it though :oopna: I do think her label, especially considering her success on streaming platforms right now, will at least try to get Lana to reactivate her main(s) for an actual album announcement. Or as somebody else suggested earlier (Sorry I would honestly try to find it but we've added like 50 pages in a day and a half LOL) her team could take over her main and Lana could just stick to using Honeymoon. Thanksgiving timeline me thinks :true:

are we sure that her account is gone forever? 

So she actually set @honeymoon public today

Do we say miss Doll lied or not? (yes, yes)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

So she actually set @honeymoon public today

Do we say miss Doll lied or not? (yes, yes)

let's wait for the announcement tonight before we give miss liar doll any sympathy. :teehee:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I am super curious how she's going to go about announcing this album, because she deleted her main @lanadelrey accounts after the Blue Banisters announcement. Since word traveled fast when she posted the instagram videos regarding the robbery, I feel like it could be the same with an album announcement (especially since fan accounts are her main source of promo anyway :bebe:) It's just so interesting because this is the first time there's an album coming and there are no main accounts, and the account she's been using is usually private

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, NikoGo said:

I am super curious how she's going to go about announcing this album, because she deleted her main @lanadelrey accounts after the Blue Banisters announcement. Since word traveled fast when she posted the instagram videos regarding the robbery, I feel like it could be the same with an album announcement (especially since fan accounts are her main source of promo anyway :bebe:) It's just so interesting because this is the first time there's an album coming and there are no main accounts, and the account she's been using is usually private

like the popbase tweet about her laptop got 110k likes:deadbanana:

12 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

like the popbase tweet about her laptop got 110k likes:deadbanana:

Exactly! Word is going to get out regardless, but it's interesting that she's going to announce an album while not having an official account... Honeymoon isn't even verified. :thumb2: While fans know what Honeymoon is, I feel like a majority of locals are completely clueless.

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Exactly! Word is going to get out regardless, but it's interesting that she's going to announce an album while not having official account... Honeymoon isn't even a verified account. :thumb2: While fans know what Honeymoon is, I feel like a majority of locals are completely clueless.

I think this is what we call "good wine needs no bush"

People are literally COMING to discover who LDR is themselves, without any marketing, promo tactics what-so-ever, dont want to sound biased but this is 100% ORGANIC HYPE that i've never seen at any other artists, even big names like Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, etc.

And the fact that Born To Die was & is still charting after 10+ years time-span, holding a record of 1 of a few female albums that spends more than 400 weeks on billboard 200, along with Taylor's 1989 & Adele's 21. While the other 2 needs at least a number 1 smash hit, and more than 2  top 10s, the only Lana single that charted on hot 100 was Video Games and only peaked #91 IS INSANE.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

People are literally COMING to discover who LDR is themselves, without any marketing, promo tactics what-so-ever, dont want to sound biased but this is 100% ORGANIC HYPE that i've never seen at any other artists, even big names like Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, etc.

oh I absolutely agree!! Her last albums didn't make a lot noise, and she's still reaching record streams in an off year. I do have a feeling we're going to be back to NFR payouts when this new album comes, it'd be a little dumb on their part to release another album without much promo or noise. Especially if it's anywhere near as good as we're expecting it to be

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

oh I absolutely agree!! Her last albums didn't make a lot noise, and she's still reaching record streams in an off year. I do have a feeling we're going to be back to NFR payouts when this new album comes, it'd be a little dumb on their part to release another album without much promo or noise. Especially if it's anywhere near as good as we're expecting it to be

And I dont think we had enough talk about the fact that despite no strong promo, marketing tactic, label push, radio push, anything-push, even her official 22M followers ig was deactivated one 1 month prior she literally DID NOT post about the album herself frequently on all forms of SNS - yet BB somehow still debut in top 10 billboard 200 - THIS STILL FEELS UNREAL TO ME, cuz she is Lana Del Rey, not a main pop girl pop star 

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I 100% agree and I love that it is that way but I think her label would want the word to spread to other circles not necessarily related to music fandoms so a bit of standard promo like on Facebook for the Karens and Lindas out there or some billboards for the casual person passing by are still needed (not really needed per se but in industry terms).

One of the reasons for BB doing poorly was because people literally didn't know it came out :hide: 

I saw a lot of people shocked on twitter that thought Dealer was a lone single and that she didn't release a whole album :bebe:

Lana doesn't need anything at this point, she's set for life but Interscope probably has some tricks up their sleeves for this album, I know it :true:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I 100% agree and I love that it is that way but I think her label would want the word to spread to other circles not necessarily related to music fandoms so a bit of standard promo like on Facebook for the Karens and Lindas out there or some billboards for the casual person passing by are still needed (not really needed per se but in industry terms).

One of the reasons for BB doing poorly was because people literally didn't know it came out :hide: 

I saw a lot of people shocked on twitter that thought Dealer was a lone single and that she didn't release a whole album :bebe:

Lana doesn't need anything at this point, she's set for life but Interscope probably has some tricks up their sleeves for this album, I know it :true:

I hope so. Imagine her without any promo and DOING THIS GOOD ON THE BIGGEST STREAMING PLATFORM in this era... What potential is she even going to reach if she were promoted properly?

MANIFESTING THAT ENERGY FOR LDRX, Plus this will be her tenth project. They can at least do something big with this.

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Lana is definitely set, but it is an industry, and the label is going to want to see a profit. We didn't think NFR was going to have any kind of promo after the year of silence but that last month was FULL of fun promo. They're already pushing the Lana Del Rey collection/newsletter ads, so I absolutely feel like they have tricks up their sleeves promo wise.

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

And I dont think we had enough talk about the fact that despite no strong promo, marketing tactic, label push, radio push, anything-push, even her official 22M followers ig was deactivated one 1 month prior she literally DID NOT post about the album herself frequently on all forms of SNS - yet BB somehow still debut in top 10 billboard 200 - THIS STILL FEELS UNREAL TO ME, cuz she is Lana Del Rey, not a main pop girl pop star 

I always thought that BB hadn’t done that well on steaming platforms… and yet, it’s her third fastest album to achieve 300M streams. Not bad after all! 

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

that reminds me... sky text announcement (los angeles exclusive) coming, LA lipsters better watch out!

KvofOSV.jpg

f8rbE0F.jpg

the announcement in question:

Uf6eHFXr8y2Tu8g4fNPvrkqmE_LYLD98D0ZNLBmC

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg