Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

54 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay honestly i am all for the piano if it’s actually interesting and innovative piano playing and unique chords… but i am absolutely terrified if it’s a whole album of violets for roses piano compositions

She does have interesting piano songs like Old Money, HIAB, Terrence Loves You. It’d be great to hear more of that instead of songs like LMLYLAW, Beautiful, Blue Banisters, Arcadia, etc which put me to sleep 😴 

I also just have a bias for guitar. If she wants to do minimal production/quiet songs, songs like Nectar Of The Gods, Pawn Shop Blues, For K Part 2 demo, Yayo (AKA), etc sound so much more interesting than piano ballads. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

8 minutes ago, aly said:

I honestly thing the reason we aren’t getting anything soon is bc of the theft. I think the footage stolen was for a music video/album trailer which has delayed roll out. Album is likely done and ready but she’s trying to get back on track with visuals. 

Imagine if they all are homemade videos and now she has to shoot them all professionally? :ma:

35 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

It's 10 if you only count AKA or Paradise:

1.AKA 2.BTD 3.UV 4.HM 5.LFL 6.NFR 7.Violet 8.Chemtrails 9.BB 10.LDRX

1.BTD 2.Paradise 3.UV 4.HM 5.LFL 6.NFR 7.Violet 8.Chemtrails 9.BB 10.LDRX

So she's using one of those 2 (I guess :thumb2:)

I think the first one makes more sense, because if you count Paradise, you have to count all the other EPs as well.

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think the first one makes more sense, because if you count Paradise, you have to count all the other EPs as well.

i don't think lana considers paradise an EP and let's be real is it an EP because a 8/9 track project in most cases would be considered an album :hillary:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i don't think lana considers paradise an EP and let's be real is it an EP because a 8/9 track project in most cases would be considered an album :hillary:

8-9 tracks and its almost 40 minutes playtime.

It's a whole fucking era already

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Yeah I don’t consider it an EP at all, it’s only 2 songs shorter than COCC.

okay, I don’t have many expectations for LDR9/10 because I am expecting the bare minimum from her but also because at this point in her career, I don’t really turn to lana anymore for any aesthetics or cool branding, i turn to her just because of the music. so this is my dream LDR9 era that’s both realistic and unrealistic at the same time

- artwork shot by neil obviously

- no single, a surprise release that we will have no official mention of until the minute it’s out

- digital release only at first, and then physicals a month or two later with a hidden exclusive track on them (which i really wish more artists utilized more)

- album has a shorter track listing of longer songs. not like 4-5 minutes “long” but 6-8 minutes on average long. only like 8 tracks but still around 50 minutes-1 hour in runtime

- musically a mix of The Hissing of Summer Lawns and Fetch the Bolt Cutters

- i know we’re not getting a tour and i don’t even care for a tour, but it would be really cool of her to do a livestream on her website, or even just a stream a pre-recorded set, of her performing the album live in a pretty setting

i dream a lot :defeated:

16 minutes ago, the ocean said:

I wonder why they didn't put the three extra songs from BTD deluxe on Paradise, because then it would have easily been an album. Instead they made a BTD Paradise edition. The whole thing looks like it was just a promo trick to push BTD back up the charts.

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

I wonder why they didn't put the three extra songs from BTD deluxe on Paradise, because then it would have easily been an album. Instead they made a BTD Paradise edition. The whole thing looks like it was just to push BTD back up the charts.

Interscope was trying to do a Kesha/Lady Gaga/Katy Perry thing, it was sooo popular at the time to add on basically an entire album to an already existing one. Like The Fame Monster, Teenage Dream Complete Confection or whatever tf it was called, and Cannibal. They weren’t just milking albums through deluxe editions, they were milking them through deluxe editions AND full re-issues 😭 sometimes it feels like desperation from artists/labels this far into the streaming era is so obvious it’s funny, but it’s also funny looking back at what desperation looked like before the streaming era fully bloomed into what it is now too lmaooo

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I wonder why they didn't put the three extra songs from BTD deluxe on Paradise, because then it would have easily been an album. Instead they made a BTD Paradise edition. The whole thing looks like it was just a promo trick to push BTD back up the charts.

Without You and Lolita don’t fit on Paradise. 

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

yeah cause it probably was 💀 and i don't blame them it worked really well 

33 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay, I don’t have many expectations for LDR9/10 because I am expecting the bare minimum from her but also because at this point in her career, I don’t really turn to lana anymore for any aesthetics or cool branding, i turn to her just because of the music. so this is my dream LDR9 era that’s both realistic and unrealistic at the same time

- artwork shot by neil obviously

- no single, a surprise release that we will have no official mention of until the minute it’s out

- digital release only at first, and then physicals a month or two later with a hidden exclusive track on them (which i really wish more artists utilized more)

- album has a shorter track listing of longer songs. not like 4-5 minutes “long” but 6-8 minutes on average long. only like 8 tracks but still around 50 minutes-1 hour in runtime

- musically a mix of The Hissing of Summer Lawns and Fetch the Bolt Cutters

- i know we’re not getting a tour and i don’t even care for a tour, but it would be really cool of her to do a livestream on her website, or even just a stream a pre-recorded set, of her performing the album live in a pretty setting

i dream a lot :defeated:

I also wish for a little more 'traditional professionalism' from her in terms of her rollouts, not the lazy album art like we saw on COCC, especially when good album art is one of the easiest things to achieve if you have a great deal of money at your disposal and an entire world of talented conceptualizers, artists, and photographers to bring it to fruition. Taken as a whole, to me, her LDR album covers are largely disappointing.  

The Hissing of Summer Lawns is my all-time favorite album, so I agree, but I just can't see Lana, musically, producing that kind of a sound on her own. Lyrically, yes, I think she's more than capable of taking a hard, objective look at life in Los Angeles and distilling it into critical word-pictures. 

Okay its 6am here and i've just woke up from another LDRX/9 dream i had i have to type everything right now when i still remember the details :hair:

So I saw a vision of myself - like everyday before starting a day - logging on Lanaboards and i saw this thread was closed (at page 1000-ish) already and Elle moved us all to the official LDR9 pre-release thread. Which I saw the album title -  it has 2 words - "[something] Revelation" i dont even remember the first word, its a new vocabulary for me :lanasrs2: but i think it started with N.  Nothing related to that "D.N.C." acronym.

The album cover depicted Lana herself riding a motorbike à la this album cover 

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz0k1_CTVoAbjoUNBr9tw

It was shot by an indie photographer i've never heard of before nor has Lana worked with him in the past, not Neil (but there is a different photoshoot by him for the album promo). As alike as the cover I showed you above, the color grading of the album was different, looks orange/purple-ish (à la White Dress mv color tone)  - it showed that Lana was riding a motorbike in the sunset, wearing a leather jacket & a white summer dress inside, she did not wear a helmet, instead she wore a headband and her hair was up. She was laughing while riding the motorbike.

The album had 17 tracks with an intro & an outro. There is an eight-minute length song & i also saw the release date - which would be April 2023.

"Honeymoon From Hell (long-ass phrase of something)" is the lead single btw, yes it was an actual song in the tracklist :paris: the rest? My mind was too blurry to remember anything... EDIT: I've just remembered  that there was a Japanese song title among the tracklist as well & its called Kitsune , i dont know whats the deal with this but apparentlt Kitsune is a name of a 'ninetailed fox' in the folklore. Also, there was album title track as well 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Okay its 6am here and i've just woke up from another LDRX/9 dream i had i have to type everything right now when i still remember the details :hair:

So I saw a vision of myself - like everyday before start a day - logging on Lanaboards and this thread was closed (at page 1000-ish) already and Elle moved us all to the official LDR9 pre-release thread. Which I saw the album title -  it has 2 words - "[something] Revelation" i dont even remember the first word, its a new vocabulary for me :lanasrs2: but i think it started with N.  Nothing related to that "D.N.C." acronym.

The album cover depicted Lana herself riding a motorbike à la this album cover

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz0k1_CTVoAbjoUNBr9tw

It was shot by an indie photographer i've never heard of before nor has Lana worked with him in the past, not Neil (but there is a different photoshoot by him for the album promo). As alike as the cover I showed you above, the color grading of the album was different, looks orange/purple-ish (à la White Dress mv color tone)  - it showed that Lana was riding a motorbike in the sunset, wearing a leather jacket & a white summer dress inside, she did not wear a helmet, instead she wore a headband and her hair was up. She was laughing while riding the motorbike.

The album had 17 tracks with an intro & an outro. There is an eight-minute length song & i also saw the release date - which would be April 2023.

"Honeymoon From Hell (.............)" is the lead single btw, yes it was an actual song in the tracklist :paris: the rest? My mind was too blurry to remember anything...

the way this lines up with the team tropico narrative so far :ma: the way this era will literally be revealed via visions & tarot cards

Just now, your china doll said:

Do we have any new factual info other than the FJM collab?

i'm so bored to read the 100 pages i missed lol:yawn:

no :ma:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif