Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

BoZ does know a lot about when vinyls are being sent to pressing (he did know Taylor had sent Midnights at the end of May). If he heard Lana’s album,  it’s surely wasn’t because of the theft. 
anyways, when the rollout starts, I think a short pre-release is possible, since the vinyls are surely being pressed as we speak. 

he heard the album in October and said he’d probably have to wait a couple of months to talk about it, and Gus (if we’re trusting him) this month said we’d know about the album in a couple months, so I think the album was sent to vinyls between mid September (after she was ‘making magic’ with Ian) and mid October (when BOZ heard the album) which would leave us with a release around March, like Chemtrails. Unfortunately that also might mean we don’t get news/a single until January or February, depending on what their plans are with the theft situation. I also think it’s going to be a super quick rollout simply because things are floating around. 

At the same time Neil also said “see you soon” a couple weeks ago, and assuming he wasn’t actually seeing her, and this is another ‘see you in September’ thing, December seems like a plausible time to announce 

TLDR: it’s a huge guessing game and there are no clear answers at all to when anything will happen 

"Don’t forget me"

14 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

he heard the album in October and said he’d probably have to wait a couple of months to talk about it, and Gus (if we’re trusting him) this month said we’d know about the album in a couple months, so I think the album was sent to vinyls between mid September (after she was ‘making magic’ with Ian) and mid October (when BOZ heard the album) which would leave us with a release around March, like Chemtrails. Unfortunately that also might mean we don’t get news/a single until January or February, depending on what their plans are with the theft situation. I also think it’s going to be a super quick rollout simply because things are floating around. 

At the same time Neil also said “see you soon” a couple weeks ago, and assuming he wasn’t actually seeing her, and this is another ‘see you in September’ thing, December seems like a plausible time to announce 

TLDR: it’s a huge guessing game and there are no clear answers at all to when anything will happen 

I don’t want a March release simply because that is the month COTCC was released. Right now, she has never repeated a release month. I want a February, April, or May release. 

13 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I agree with you 💯 % on everything you said. March seems like a strong possibility. 
December will have something, even if it’s just a teaser / snippet. 
the teaser for COCC was very genius: to announce the preorder just before the holiday break (even though we had to wait for almost three weeks for any real info)

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I don’t want a March release simply because that is the month COTCC was released. Right now, she has never repeated a release month. I want a February, April, or May release. 

All for a February release, but couldn’t care less for a repeated release month if it meant we’d have to wait longer one month or two just for the sake of it, tbh. 

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

I just got an email from LDR village that there is a 40% off holiday sale which can only mean one thing! They’re getting rid of their stock to restock it with DNC/LDRX merch :hype:

I think it’s safe to say nobody knows anything, except for BOZ who called it a masterpiece and eclipse who said it was coming

Where did eclipse say that?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

What’s that quote of Lana’s, something about Tuesdays. So there’s a reason to move for tomorrow (the delusions are in full swing) :party:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

All for a February release, but couldn’t care less for a repeated release month if it meant we’d have to wait longer one month or two just for the sake of it, tbh. 

I definitely agree, I literally just want some info. Like I could wait a few months if we just got a single and maybe an album title lol

15 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I definitely get the logic behind this, but at the same time I don’t want the album potentially delayed a month for no real reason..she’s not against releasing an album in the same month as another album, because before she found out about COTCC’s vinyl delay her release date was January. 

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I agree with you 💯 % on everything you said. March seems like a strong possibility. 
December will have something, even if it’s just a teaser / snippet. 
the teaser for COCC was very genius: to announce the preorder just before the holiday break (even though we had to wait for almost three weeks for any real info)

I really do think December will have some sort of tease! I do hope we get more than a COTCC-esque tease, because it was really nice to finally get some kind of info, but it did make those dry three weeks excruciating! But beggars can’t be choosers so I’ll take anything :thumb2:

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Where did eclipse say that?

he said it a good number of pages back. He basically just told us to chill and that the album was coming 

"Don’t forget me"

15 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

but Violet realeased 28th of July, LFL - 21th same month :(

If the album is coming in March/April (which seems likely) they'd want the preorder to be up for at least a couple of months so she either releases/announces something this month or we're going straight to the preorder and lead in January :judgingu3:

Maybe she'll mimick Chemtrails release (well, without an early song cause October already passed without news :thumb2:) and we'll get a preorder/lead single teaser this month (like @GeminiLanaFan just said) with the release early next year :brows:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I really do think December will have some sort of tease! I do hope we get more than a COTCC-esque tease, because it was really nice to finally get some kind of info, but it did make those dry three weeks excruciating! But beggars can’t be choosers so I’ll take anything :thumb2:

It was a very very short teaser indeed haha

but we already knew the album title, we already had heard a single and knew a MV for the title track was coming… which we have none right now :crying2:

but did we find out about the tracklist through Shazam before or after that teaser? :isee:

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

If the album is coming in March/April (which seems likely) they'd want the preorder to be up for at least a couple of months so she either releases/announces something this month or we're going straight to the preorder and lead in January :judgingu3:

Maybe she'll mimick Chemtrails release (well, without an early song cause October already passed without news :thumb2:) and we'll get a preorder/lead single teaser this month (like @GeminiLanaFan just said) with the release early next year :brows:

We got an early October song: it’s called Snow on The Beach :mj2:

if i’m thinking critically, her albums are usually released 1-2 years after her first mention of new tracks or a new concept — after BTD to COTCC the average was roughly 1.5 years

she mentioned working on new songs the day BB was released (but to be honest i don’t remember that … someone on lanapedia might just be lying) so following the 1.5 year schedule that would put the LDR9 release date sometime in april 2023 (rollout starting sometime in january/february) ……. however that was over IG live and it was informal so if you’re going off a more formal mention, it would be the W magazine interview, which was written around may 2022, which puts the release somewhere around november 2023 (rollout starting july/august) OR you could count DNC as the first album mention, which puts the release date in june 2023 (rollout starting march/april) … 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521abd75cbba89a1ccecd0307d622871a170ed9a39&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

sUcVobB.png

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think this time things could potentially be a little different because of the theft situation, and she doesn’t always do a long prerelease. NFR was announced in August with a release in August and I forget Honeymoon’s exact rollout, but I think it was only a month, maybe a little bit more. 

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It was a very very short teaser indeed haha

but we already knew the album title, we already had heard a single and knew a MV for the title track was coming… which we have none right now :crying2:

but did we find out about the tracklist through Shazam before or after that teaser? :isee:

I agree!! That’s why I think her reveal this time is going to come with an album trailer, like NFR. Even for that we knew the album title for almost a year, I think when she finally does make an announcement, it’s gonna be a huge one. Album title, music video preview, maybe a couple snippets.

Either that, or like LFL’s where she talked about the album, gave us the title, but that’s it. 

I think we found the snippets before the teaser!

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

if i’m thinking critically, her albums are usually released 1-2 years after her first mention of new tracks or a new concept — after BTD to COTCC the average was roughly 1.5 years

she mentioned working on new songs the day BB was released (but to be honest i don’t remember that … someone on lanapedia might just be lying) so following the 1.5 year schedule that would put the LDR9 release date sometime in april 2023 (rollout starting sometime in january/february) ……. however that was over IG live and it was informal so if you’re going off a more formal mention, it would be the W magazine interview, which was written around may 2022, which puts the release somewhere around november 2023 (rollout starting july/august) OR you could count DNC as the first album mention, which puts the release date in june 2023 (rollout starting march/april) … 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521abd75cbba89a1ccecd0307d622871a170ed9a39&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I really think this album doesn’t follow that logic on purpose. We’ve always complained she was talking too much too soon about her albums: this time around: it feels very deliberate that she said almost nothing. Love you to death but hope you are not right: I can’t see myself waiting another 6-7 months or even a year without this album… 

plus knowing the album had leaked, it is in the best interest of everybody to not sit on it for too long… 

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really think this album doesn’t follow that logic on purpose. We’ve always complained she was talking too much too soon about her albums: this time around: it feels very deliberate that she said almost nothing. Love you to death but hope you are not right: I can’t see myself waiting another 6-7 months or even a year without this album… 

plus knowing the album had leaked, it is in the best interest of everybody to not sit on it for too long… 

she also isn’t touring, so she has much more time to work on an album … even though i wrote that whole post i don’t necessarily think it’ll be released super late in 2023. i think a march/april release sounds possible!!!

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I think this time things could potentially be a little different because of the theft situation, and she doesn’t always do a long prerelease. NFR was announced in August with a release in August and I forget Honeymoon’s exact rollout, but I think it was only a month, maybe a little bit more. 

I agree!! That’s why I think her reveal this time is going to come with an album trailer, like NFR. Even for that we knew the album title for almost a year, I think when she finally does make an announcement, it’s gonna be a huge one. Album title, music video preview, maybe a couple snippets.

Either that, or like LFL’s where she talked about the album, gave us the title, but that’s it. 

I think we found the snippets before the teaser!

NFR’s album trailer was everything… it was also such a surprise to me: with the cheap MV and selfie pics as single covers, I thought this would be the visuals for the era haha! But that weird / vintage vibes for the trailer were exceptional. I hope she does something like that for this album.