Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I'm on a complete Electra Heart binge and I can't believe when the "title track" was first posted on YouTube I thought it sounded like a cheap remix, but it's become my favourite and to me, feels like the pillar and summary of the EH era. It's the perfect 2010s electronic track. Even the minor dubstep influence doesn't stop it from being completely iconic.

Also, I have to say Marinas vocals on the album are so underrated. She really did so much.

This is going to be very random and probably has been discussed before but I still want to throw this out there: What she did with L+F had to be deliberate (it is in my own reality where Marina isn't just a complete airhead nowadays) and if so, it's genius. The shallow lyrics, the hollow sound, the childish and worrying conclusions she comes to and seems very earnest about... Ugh, her mind. Such a sinister album and a perfect parody, just like Electra Heart. Obviously not on the same level but they had the same intention and I dare say they are equally as genius. I feel like people miss the point so hard with L+F, just like they seemed to initially do with EH. The parallels of it all, she is a mastermind... Not to even mention the outtakes and how they contrast the album perfectly and add so much to the sinister vibe. She meant for those to leak, I could go as far as to say she leaked them herself. Everything just fits together so perfectly. It would be very hard to pull all that off on accident. I could write an essay where I present my thoughts way more cohesively and in a way that actually makes sense but I'm dead tired so maybe some other day. Definitely coming back to this though.

This has been your daily dose of delusion and psychosis in the Marina thread, you are welcome.

9 hours ago, vrtvie said:

The fact she did nothing for Barbie the movie is homophobic

especially after making the subarbiea archetype and video.. uhm……. 

(which speaking of subarbiea.. valley of the dolls baby im so sorry you never got a video. you would have been the perfect ending to the archetypes video series since electra died of sleeping pills.. what a tragedy).

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

On 9/5/2023 at 4:50 AM, Ultra Violet said:

Another also, why is the Primadonna - Burns remix sound ahead of its time for 2012? I get pure 2015 indie trippy vibes with this remix.

This was in my Spotify top 100 last year it’s too good

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

On 9/9/2023 at 12:13 AM, brandon said:

this makes me giggle cuz wtf would she have done she left that aesthetic in 2013 😭 😭 

her about love was the most random shit ever and still she made it work so???

original.gif

19 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

her about love was the most random shit ever and still she made it work so???

but that song is a glorified l+f outtake released in 2020 (less than a year after L+Fs release) its not the same as her releasing a EH inspired song 10+ years after it came out

ezgif.com-optimize_3.gif

3 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

whoever said it would've had to be exactly EH-inspired? anyway things started getting boring, can another song of hers go viral on tiktok at least or sth

I kinda want an unreleased song of hers to go viral so she would release it like Lana released Say Yes To Heaven. But like Not Hungry was popular amongst fans and she eventually gave up on the idea to release it so...yeah, here we are :um:

url%5D