Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Ugh, 'Marina and The Diamonds' is such an iconic stage name, I'm 100% sure she will drop it, but I like the idea of changing it to just "Marina"

Yeah, it's kinda sad, we'll miss it, but nothing lasts forever. :( 

stream immortal gays

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

if she changes her stage name last.fm better update her original tag...

so glad I'm not the only one that thought this! hahaha

but for real though, dropping '& the diamonds' is making me so much sadder than it should be! 

I've got really mixed feelings about dropping 'the diamonds'...

It's nice in some ways as it's more like Marina has 'found herself', and maybe just 'Marina' will make it easier for her to able to be herself more. Here for it if this is the case.

But GAHHHHHH 'the diamonds' was so iconic  :( And as the diamonds were her fans, dropping the diamonds is kinda like dropping the fans too... (Although I know it was likely not intended like that!)

"I created the name 'Marina and the Diamonds' 5 years ago and I never envisaged a character, pop project, band or solo artist. I saw a simple group made up of many people who had the same hearts. A space for people with similar ideals who could not fit in to life's pre-made mold. I was terribly awkward for a long time! I really craved to be part of one thing because I never felt too connected to anybody and now I feel I have that all around me."

I thought this meaning behind the name was so special and now it could be gone but idk I'm emotional what can I say

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Although it's a bit sad, I much prefer her dropping the Diamonds if it means she's never asked who they are again. While she's at it, can she change also pretend she doesn't know what Greece or synesthesia is?

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

idk why y'all are mad - Marina sounds so much more better, and a lot more mature as well. she's a 32 year old woman ffs - Marina and The Diamonds still serves me 21 year old new indie artist, which she isn't any more.

y'all saying "finally people won't think she's a band!!" as if people are gonna care 

there was lowkey no point in changing it after being somewhat established as MATD 

i76mrxw.png 

where did this talk of her dropping diamonds even came from? I that even official??

she talked about feeling like her name and her stage name were two different people in Marinabooks, plus she changed a lot of her stuff to 'Marina' instead of 'Marina and the Diamonds'. Plus. that promo for NGX only had Marina on that,

xMcVPI7.jpg

It doesn't matter to me if she has the Diamonds in or not. It's still the same person. What difference does it make? 

I wish she would come back to instagram. I miss her there. 

^^^^

I don't think her taking off 'the Diamonds' is some gesture towards us. Marina should be able to do what she wants.

xMcVPI7.jpg