Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

people are complaining about the type of fruit we got?!?!?

ppl on marinaboards are complaining because we already had FROOT, so November's FROOT of the Month is pretty much redundant

BTW guys, the deluxe signed edition has now sold out on the US store and i'm pretty sure that it's also sold out on the UK store as well, as you can't add it to your basket anymore

:sadcore6: for those who didn't manage to get it

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm sorry, I'll try to find the least aggressive way to put this...

I loved The Family Jewels. It's an incredible album, with fascinating and clever lyrics, and a grandiose musical production.

I thought Electra Heart was an attempt to get popular. Lyrics all around men, social relationships, loveships, shitty mundane stuff which we call pop, that I like, but I listen to other artists for that sort of music. Marina offered something a little more clever and interesting. But EH was all about men: Ruining their lives, being the bitch on top, being heart-crushed by them, always about that.

Froot comes up, and yeah ,it's a metaphorical screening of relationships, growing up and expectations. But then again, there's this guy and she holds onto him, and it's always the same sort of picture and idea we're getting since electra heart.

I'm getting tired. I want her critical and interesting music back.

Snooze that video was so boring. Also the song is 700x better with the prechorus. She looked really pretty though :awkney:

I think because it was so dark and she didn't utilize the outside of the castle it turned out pretty boring.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I loved that article SO much; I almost started crying while reading it. It's just amazing to watch an artist grow in their music and and as a person, and what she had to say just really hit a place in me. I'm very excited for the album now!  :crying:  :oprah:  :hair:

I didn't care much for the video but it was pretty in line for a Marina video so I wasn't that upset. I expected more colors and looks from the single cover but oh well. I'm mostly disappointed that she cut literally the best/my favorite parts of the song from it. But like someone else said, she was beautiful and you can really tell she is happy!

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I thought Electra Heart was an attempt to get popular. Lyrics all around men, social relationships, loveships, shitty mundane stuff which we call pop, that I like, but I listen to other artists for that sort of music. Marina offered something a little more clever and interesting. But EH was all about men: Ruining their lives, being the bitch on top, being heart-crushed by them, always about that.

Where's this coming from? Not even half the (standard) album is lyrically as you described...

HK3DOLa.gif

Lyrics all around men, social relationships, loveships, shitty mundane stuff which we call pop, that I like, but I listen to other artists for that sort of music. Marina offered something a little more clever and interesting.

Albums are always a musical representation of a certain chapter of the artist's life...which is basically everything you just described

I feel like you like things people traditionally don't just to feel cool but that's none of my business. You criticize everything you think has become mainstream when that's just the way things naturally work

BzhmW.png

Ugh my dilemma is I want the physical CD but I also want the tracks early as she releases them... If you preorder the physical CD do you get the song downloads still?

yes! 

BzhmW.png

Ugh my dilemma is I want the physical CD but I also want the tracks early as she releases them... If you preorder the physical CD do you get the song downloads still?

Yes you are supposed to. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I wish there was a normal vinyl release...I want that cover in a nice 12" situation dgaf about this 7" rainbow #neverpleased

The 7" rainbow thing is really cool but honestly I see your point and I think it's ridiculous that some members get so upset about other people "complaining". Like first of all, it's not the same person making a million complaints, everyone has different minor complaints and overall are really happy with what she's doing. I was a bit let down that froot was the firt froot of the month because we already have heard it and it was real eased last month so it's a bit silly... It's not like I made a big stink about it...

Spent a good hunk of today FINALLY organizing my Marina collection. Pretty satisfied with the way it looks.

eMLhSxB.png

Couple of questions:

- The version of "Starlight" I have was labelled version II, but I've never seen another version... Mine is 4:04. Anyone have something else?

- My b-sides for TFJ is as follows:

1. Bad Kidz

2. Space And The Woods (Live)

3. Starstrukk (3OH!3 Cover)

4. Simplify

5. Sinful

Do we have Bad Kidz that is not a vinyl rip? I know there are some other demos... Are those better?

Do we have a studio version of "Space And The Woods"? All I have is the live version from the "Mowgli's Road" CD

Is "Sinful" really a TFJ era track?

H0bDaqU.gif

Couple of questions:

- The version of "Starlight" I have was labelled version II, but I've never seen another version... Mine is 4:04. Anyone have something else?

1. Bad Kidz

4. Simplify

5. Sinful

Do we have Bad Kidz that is not a vinyl rip? I know there are some other demos... Are those better?

Do we have a studio version of "Space And The Woods"? All I have is the live version from the "Mowgli's Road" CD

I only have one version of Starlight that's 5:44 and is part of Give Me The Money!

We have a demo of Bad Kidz that is better quality, we don't have a vinyl rip, we only have a recording of it playing on a vinyl.

I remember Madrigal saying "Sinful" was a in-between TFJ and EH track.

Where's Jealousy?

Spent a good hunk of today FINALLY organizing my Marina collection. Pretty satisfied with the way it looks.

eMLhSxB.png

Couple of questions:

1. Bad Kidz

4. Simplify

5. Sinful

Post that TFJ B-Sides cover please

I really thought SATW was a studio version? :toofunny:

eMLhSxB.png

Couple of questions:

1. Bad Kidz

4. Simplify

5. Sinful

There is three Starlight versions

-4.04 (Studio Version)

-5.44 (GMTM)

-4.34 (Extended Studio version)

We have the Bad Kidz demo which is still pretty LQ but not a vinyl rip

Yes

Sinful was recorded at the same time as Rootless so, yes, TFJ