Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

EH is Marina's best album, how anyone could say otherwise is beyond me

No

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

the production and lyrics on TFJ is saying otherwise baby

TFJ production is a mess sis, Numb's piano makes me want to go numb for how bad it is 

It's my favourite album but the production... is rough 

TFJ production is a mess sis, Numb's piano makes me want to go numb for how bad it is 

It's my favourite album but the production... is rough 

the rough production makes it perfect sis

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I would say that Froot is her best work, like, it has the lyrical component that EH had but it also took the production to another level plus it had the same vintage style as EH but it also fitted so well with the kind of pop that singers were doing at the time, idk, EH remains my favorite album from her but Froot was her opus magnum

giphy.gif

the rough production makes it perfect sis

that's not what I said, I just said you cannot compare EH's perfect production to TFJ

I agree btw, it's why I love it 

I would say that Froot is her best work, like, it has the lyrical component that EH had but it also took the production to another level plus it had the same vintage style as EH but it also fitted so well with the kind of pop that singers were doing at the time, idk, EH remains my favorite album from her but Froot was her opus magnum

How does EH sound vintage? It's probably the most early 10s sounding music in terms of production, Primadonna sounds like it's straight out of Teenage Dream and HTBAHB has an EDM drop... 

Just because she's utilising 50s imagery doesn't mean the sound is vintage too, the sound is very much bubblegum pop and very much new 

As for the lyrics while I agree Froot has some of her strongest songs (Froot, Happy, Immortal, Solitaire) it also has some of the weakest choruses (I'm A Ruin, Blue, Weeds, Forget), which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's not as consistent with the quality of the writing as it is with the production, the themes, the visuals or literally anything else

How does EH sound vintage? It's probably the most early 10s sounding music in terms of production, Primadonna sounds like it's straight out of Teenage Dream and HTBAHB has an EDM drop... 

Just because she's utilising 50s imagery doesn't mean the sound is vintage too, the sound is very much bubblegum pop and very much new 

As for the lyrics while I agree Froot has some of her strongest songs (Froot, Happy, Immortal, Solitaire) it also has some of the weakest choruses (I'm A Ruin, Blue, Weeds, Forget), which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's not as consistent with the quality of the writing as it is with the production, the themes, the visuals or literally anything else

LHC had a very vintage vibe, kinda the same with BB, Hypocrates, Sex Yeah, etc. At least to me

LHC had a very vintage vibe, kinda the same with BB, Hypocrates, Sex Yeah, etc. At least to me

I feel it too, I feel she matched the fuzzy 70s tv/film aesthetic from the visuals with the music very well in a lot of the songs while keeping them modern sounding. 

i mean thats...an opinion. so, i respect urs but honestly i feel like all the albums have different strengths

• TFJ: lyrics
  • EH: story-telling, concept, aesthetics
  • FROOT: lyrics, production
  • L+F: vocals

i'd say froot is her best/strongest, but when it comes to personal favorite, just due to themes, TFJ is mine

I feel the same. If we take the Dr Luke tracks out of the album, EH doesn't have that early 2010's sound at all. It sound a lot more 70's and 80's inspired.

自由になる自由がある

I mean if you feel like that ok, but there’s so much EDM in there that it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly anything that it may be referencing past the year 2008

Can we just appreciate Froot completely?

The production, the vocals, the lyrics, the composition, the music video

It's literally a perfect song. :defeated:

There are few songs that I feel as passionate about as I do Froot. Truly a career highlight :defeated:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

personally I think TFJ is the best but EH will always be my favorite

FROOT is that track. definitely one of her best, if not the best.