Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I've warmed up a lot to L+F. Its catchy feel-good pop which is not what Marina has given us before, but it still resonates with me more than what most other artists that put out music like this bring to the table. I've found that while I love Marina for her dark depressive music, I do have room in my musical palette for music that is more upbeat and happy, and I am glad that Marina is now an artist I can go to when I am both deeply upset and feeling super positive. I feel like I've grown with her in that way. L+F is a little over the top and cheesy in some places, but she's got plenty of music on the opposite side of the spectrum that is overly dramatic in its sadness. I think it is just easier to criticize happy music because its less risk for the artist rather than when they pour out the dark spaces in their souls. As a writer myself, I can also attest that it is so much harder to make not-corny happy music than it seems. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I have this theory that "hermit the frog" might be lyrically connected to  "dirty sheets"

"I should think before I kiss frogs who will never become princes"

"they call him hermit the frog"

I used to think that marina calling the guy she mentioned in the song a frog was just typical TFJ randomness, but in connection to "dirty sheets", this choice has more meaning behind it. It means that this guy she was seeing was just another "frog" who she knew would not become a prince. 

marina singlehandedly ended her career with this album

its generic pop and not in the good way

anyways

:w8ing:

orange trees is the summer anthem of 2019!!!!!

anyways

:w8ing:

orange trees is the summer anthem of 2019!!!!!

Rosalia says hi 

I have this theory that "hermit the frog" might be lyrically connected to  "dirty sheets"

"I should think before I kiss frogs who will never become princes"

"they call him hermit the frog"

I used to think that marina calling the guy she mentioned in the song a frog was just typical TFJ randomness, but in connection to "dirty sheets", this choice has more meaning behind it. It means that this guy she was seeing was just another "frog" who she knew would not become a prince. 

she called him a frog just because it was a play on words jermit the frog + hermit, it's a character from sesame street, while the other is a german fairytale

like it's probably just a coincidence, also bc the frog imagery ends there 

I have a bit of a weird request, but maybe somebody can help me...

So way back in the day (2014/2015) a DiamondGarden user remastered a couple of Marina's songs to recreate the Die Life project, and uploaded those on Dropbox. Unfortunately they don't have access to those original files anymore, and neither does the uploader of the video (yes, I actually sent them an email lol). So if anyone here happens to have downloaded those tracks and still has them, it would be super kind to share them! <3

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I have a bit of a weird request, but maybe somebody can help me...

https://youtu.be/4cn0N3XkLCk

So way back in the day (2014/2015) a DiamondGarden user remastered a couple of Marina's songs to recreate the Die Life project, and uploaded those on Dropbox. Unfortunately they don't have access to those original files anymore, and neither does the uploader of the video (yes, I actually sent them an email lol). So if anyone here happens to have downloaded those tracks and still has them, it would be super kind to share them! <3

Im totally here for it

My ticket arrived today!! It’s so cute, it’s like a fan-type ticket? Idk it’s one of those tickets where they go out of their way to make it look cute I’ll attach the photo when I get home

Now I just need to buy earplugs to wear during L + F songs :)

My ticket arrived today!! It’s so cute, it’s like a fan-type ticket? Idk it’s one of those tickets where they go out of their way to make it look cute I’ll attach the photo when I get home

you just don't stop, do you?

giphy.gif

Another user told me to do this and I thought I'd give it a go.

I went to see Marina at a festival; NOS ALIVE @ PORTUGAL (my home country).

I have to say that the experience was amazing. I was so close to her like, oh my god.

And she's truly an angel. Vocals on point.

Loved her look for tonight.

This was the setlist: (In this department, I'd have to give her an 7.5/10 cuz it was mainly L+F)

Handmade Heaven

I Am Not A Robot

Savages

Primadonna

Froot

How to Be a Heartbreaker

Orange Trees

Superstar

Baby

Enjoy Your Life

To Be Human

Hollywood

Oh No!

(not in any order, except she started off with HH)

On Primadonna, she said something like: "Are there any Primadonna girls out here?.... What about any Primadonna boys?"

Both Baby and Superstar are total bops live. For those who didn't like those songs as much as the other ones, listening them live might change your opinion.

The crowd was amazing. Marina, herself, told that. And it wasn't just a cliché, the crowd was really amazing. We were shouting and singing along with her.

She even told us something of this sort: "Oh my God, you sound amazing. Doing both lyrics and backing vocals"

It was an amazing experience. I miss her so bad already.

Next Thursday, it's Lana's time.  :creep:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

qfrWuBl.png

can y'all just ignore globelampstan? they're obviously seeking attention

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Another user told me to do this and I thought I'd give it a go.

I went to see Marina at a festival; NOS ALIVE @ PORTUGAL (my home country).

I have to say that the experience was amazing. I was so close to her like, oh my god.

And she's truly an angel. Vocals on point.

Loved her look for tonight.

This was the setlist: (In this department, I'd have to give her an 7.5/10 cuz it was mainly L+F)

Handmade Heaven

I Am Not A Robot

Savages

Primadonna

Froot

How to Be a Heartbreaker

Orange Trees

Superstar

Baby

Enjoy Your Life

To Be Human

Hollywood

Oh No!

(not in any order, except she started off with HH)

On Primadonna, she said something like: "Are there any Primadonna girls out here?.... What about any Primadonna boys?"

Both Baby and Superstar are total bops live. For those who didn't like those songs as much as the other ones, listening them live might change your opinion.

The crowd was amazing. Marina, herself, told that. And it wasn't just a cliché, the crowd was really amazing. We were shouting and singing along with her.

She even told us something of this sort: "Oh my God, you sound amazing. Doing both lyrics and backing vocals"

It was an amazing experience. I miss her so bad already.

Next Thursday, it's Lana's time.  :creep:

Thanks so much for posting this!!! So glad you had a great time <3

Marina AND Lana within two weeks tho?! Are you dying from happiness?

giphy-1.gif 

Omg Allie X is opening for her in the concert I'm going to, Im living for it. Seeing two queens in one night <3 

Omg Allie X is opening for her in the concert I'm going to, Im living for it. Seeing two queens in one night <3

OMFG IKR? They literally said gay rights!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

o my fucking god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be seeing that bitch live???????????????????????????????????????????????????????