Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

STOP SAYING “it aged poorly” ????

If you don’t like a song say you don’t like it. 

Songs don’t age this is something y’all invented because y’all have no critical thinking skills

Did you not read what I said? I didn’t say that I dislike Radioactive. I just said it has aged poorly. Just because you can’t comprehend that music ages doesn’t mean that people lack critical thinking skills ?

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

Can you please define “age” in terms of a song... like explain what it means 

Aged poorly = songs that don’t sound fresh and current anymore. They sound dated. The exact opposite of timeless songs

Songs that have aged poorly: Tik Tok, California Girls, Party Rock Anthem, I Gotta Feeling

Songs that have aged exceptionally well: Bohemian Rhapsody, Toxic, Wonderwall, Hallelujah

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

1 hour ago, teenangst said:

2009’s Boom Boom Pow and 2010’s Meet me halfway by TBEP are timeless.. and stayed a staple in music :diva:

I said SOME of the black eyed peas hits. I meant some songs from their 2010s albums like i gotta feeling and the time (dirty bit). I’ll still jam to them if they come on but they do sound VERY 2010 and only 2010.

I do agree that Boom Boom Pow and Meet Me Halfway still slap but I wouldn’t say they are timeless. Again, that doesn’t mean they aren’t good. They’re definitely bops and staples of the 2010s

27 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Did you not read what I said? I didn’t say that I dislike Radioactive. I just said it has aged poorly. Just because you can’t comprehend that music ages doesn’t mean that people lack critical thinking skills ?

Aged poorly = songs that don’t sound fresh and current anymore. They sound dated. The exact opposite of timeless songs

Songs that have aged poorly: Tik Tok, California Girls, Party Rock Anthem, I Gotta Feeling

Songs that have aged exceptionally well: Bohemian Rhapsody, Toxic, Wonderwall, Hallelujah

All the “not aged” songs are songs with live instruments and the “aged” songs are songs with a heavy EDM production which will obviously sound “older” cause live instruments do not change whereas trends in electro pop do 

Also songs don’t need to sound “fresh” to sound good???

Mozart doesn’t sound like he’s from the 21st century but his pieces are bangers, rock n roll doesn’t sound “fresh” but still bangs

Like y’all decided that songs need to sound new to be good but that’s a lie and y’all know it

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Nah. It's a valid way to talk about music that a lot of people employ outside the stan culture.

Of course songs DO age since a lot of them  are created within a certain era of production and songwriting. 

And that means that the opionion people have on it when listening to it  outside of it's original context may change aswell. That does not mean everybody has to dislike it or that you can't like old music/ still feel their vibe.

Denying that music does exist in a context that's subject to time and change actually showcases a LACK of critical thinking skills :)

I know that

However, equating “aging” which is a process that everything, including all songs, eventually go through, as an objectively and inherently bad thing is a complete lie

People on here act like the only way for a song to be good is if it sounds fresh or whatever, when it’s not true

Radioactive is extremely produced and EDM and we all know that but a lot of people still love it.

So while yes, it technically “aged” it wasn’t poorly and it isn’t bad

PLUS saying something aged is way too overused especially by people who don’t know a thing about music. I’m a musician and I’m studying music in college and people on here have no clue how to constructively or productively talk about music. Saying “X aged poorly” means nothing and it’s a shallow, unproductive way to talk about music

4 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

All the “not aged” songs are songs with live instruments and the “aged” songs are songs with a heavy EDM production which will obviously sound “older” cause live instruments do not change whereas trends in electro pop do 

Also songs don’t need to sound “fresh” to sound good???

Mozart doesn’t sound like he’s from the 21st century but his pieces are bangers, rock n roll doesn’t sound “fresh” but still bangs

Like y’all decided that songs need to sound new to be good but that’s a lie and y’all know it

I gave those specific examples for aged poorly because I grew up with those songs so they were the first ones to come to mind. If I was born in the 50s then I'd probably be able to give you a list of songs with live instruments that have aged poorly off the top of my head but I wasnt born then so I can't.

The songs that have aged well do include a lot of songs using live instruments but not all of them. Toxic for example (tho it does use strings i guess). Classic pop songs that always blow up again every couple of years fall into that category too. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Britney, etc...

A lot of electronic music doesn't age well in the long run because music trends come and go. That’s why music keeps evolving and we aren't all still listening to 2010s style music (although I wish we were).

I've stated MANY times that just because a song hasn't aged well doesn't mean it's become bad. Idk why u keep pushing that point when I never brought it up to begin with. I'm not going to continue a conversation with you if you're so closed off and stuck in your own opinion that you can't even read my points correctly

what even is this discussion sdjfshd so many emotions over nothing.. saying a song aged just means it sounds dated. some people think a song's bad cause it sounds dated, some still like it despite sounding dated.. some people think some songs aged poorly, others think they aged well. thinking a song aged poorly and disliking it for that reason is literally an opinion,, that's why we're on a music discussion forum.. to give our opinions,,  like why is it so diffictult for people to accept that people have other opinions than them pls what's the point of being on this forum if you only wanna see your own opinion like other people's opinions are factually incorrect.. i'd get this discussion if we were talking about a song that came out a few months ago but these are literally EDM pop songs from 2012. ofcourse people are gonna think they aged badly.

qfrWuBl.png

7 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

what even is this discussion sdjfshd so many emotions over nothing.. saying a song aged just means it sounds dated. some people think a song's bad cause it sounds dated, some still like it despite sounding dated.. some people think some songs aged poorly, others think they aged well. thinking a song aged poorly and disliking it for that reason is literally an opinion,, that's why we're on a music discussion forum.. to give our opinions,,  like why is it so diffictult for people to accept that people have other opinions than them pls what's the point of being on this forum if you only wanna see your own opinion like other people's opinions are factually incorrect.. i'd get this discussion if we were talking about a song that came out a few months ago but these are literally EDM pop songs from 2012. ofcourse people are gonna think they aged badly.

We're all just feisty and over emotional because we're morning the loss of Happy Loner and Pink Convertible :xcry:

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

Some people are too self absorbed/simple minded to realize others actually have opinions that differ from their own.

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

have we talked about the last song being Goodbye? im actually a little concerned that she might be finishing making music

I’m pretty sure a fan commented something similar to this under one of her posts and she said she wasn’t quitting or anything so no need to worry :kiss:

2 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I’m pretty sure a fan commented something similar to this under one of her posts and she said she wasn’t quitting or anything so no need to worry :kiss:

A fan said they're worried, she literally replied "lol don't be." An empathy queen. :xcry:

original.gif

3 hours ago, One with the Gods said:

Y'all remember when a ton of old Marina pics resurfaced/leaked and nobody gave a shit sjdjdjd

i actually went through all of them and half of it were these ugly clothes she was selling on ebay

‘Capitalism made us poor’ 

*brags about being a millionaire* 

Lmfao all these contradictionssssss pouring outta herrrrrr