Sign in to follow this  
Lillie

Did Lana write any of her songs under the influence of drugs?

"Drugs suck it up like vanilla icys

don’t treat me rough, treat me really niceys

decorate my neck

Diamantes ices"

you tell me

:smokes:

I don't really care for lana's lyrics. I mainly listen to her for the awesome chord progressions and melodies. Her lyrics have a nice flow but they just are so shallow and kinda lame sometimes.

decorate my neck

Diamantes ices"

you tell me

:smokes:

I don't really care for lana's lyrics. I mainly listen to her for the awesome chord progressions and melodies. Her lyrics have a nice flow but they just are so shallow and kinda lame sometimes.

hey, ever heard of irony, sarcasm?

i don't know, i don't care either. all i know is, i love her lyrics and i relate to a fair amount of them but i don't use drugs...well not much :badbitch:

4r9w86.jpg

Seeing as she's been sober for 7+ years now, I highly doubt any of the material we have from her was written under the influence of anything other than her memories. Maybe weed, but I get the impression she really stays away from anything these days. Besides she already said that when she writes, she sits down and thinks of the way things used to be. I'd imagine most drugs would make writing (not to mention thinking) accurately and to a satisfying degree counter-productive.

decorate my neck

Diamantes ices"

you tell me

you don't need to have taken drugs to write about them

Seeing as she's been sober for 7+ years now

I'm gonna stop you right there. There is almost 0% chance she's been sober that long due to the fact there are photos from the last 7 years where she's holding what almost certainly is an alcoholic beverage of sorts. Do I think she's cut back on drinking/drug use? Yes, most likely. Has she quit completely? I'd be extremely surprised if she had. It's a nice thought though.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm gonna stop you right there. There is almost 0% chance she's been sober that long due to the fact there are photos from the last 7 years where she's holding what almost certainly is an alcoholic beverage of sorts. Do I think she's cut back on drinking/drug use? Yes, most likely. Has she quit completely? I'd be extremely surprised if she had. It's a nice thought though.

You beat me too it.

tumblr_lhe6a8cHOt1qe6ylf.gif

I don't buy her sobriety anymore than Christina Aguilera buys a fruit salad. I doubt she's as bad off as she was back in the diz-ay, but there's no way she's completely clean. Alcohol or otherwise.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

but really why does everyone care? just enjoy her music for what it is and stop trying to come up with something for every single song.

But isn't that the point of it all? To debate, discuss, analyze and interpret? This is a message board after all.

Besides, we're well past the point of simply enjoying music with long standing threads dedicated to picking through her private life being active. That ship has sailed.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

But isn't that the point of it all? To debate, discuss, analyze and interpret? This is a message board after all.

Besides, we're well past the point of simply enjoying music with long standing threads dedicated to picking through her private life being active. That ship has sailed.

to a point, but idk. i guess some people care about her life more than i do. i'd just rather not pick apart her private life personally, i don't mind analysing songs, but idk, i don't feel right about going through someone's details.

4r9w86.jpg

Oh Im aware, but these are her words. She's the "good girl" these days who's been sober for "7 years+". I don't care whether she does or doesn't, Im juss sayin what I've read/heard her say herself this year

Everyone I've talked to who has seen one of her live shows has said that she didn't seem 'all there' .. it wouldn't surprise me if she was using during her summer tour and maybe that's what Gods + Monsters was about. (BTW I think Bradley is the Monster) We'll never know completely unless she decides to tell us, which- considering she's playing the sober card- won't be any time soon.

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Everyone I've talked to who has seen one of her live shows has said that she didn't seem 'all there' .. it wouldn't surprise me if she was using during her summer tour and maybe that's what Gods + Monsters was about. (BTW I think Bradley is the Monster) We'll never know completely unless she decides to tell us, which- considering she's playing the sober card- won't be any time soon.

i'm not sure she necessarily uses drugs, i just think that she is quite a weird and awkward person and i think she might have a bit of asberger's (i'm not entirely sure though) and maybe that's why she can come across like that? i don't know her personally though, but i have a friend with asberger's and she has the same kind of mannerisms as lana.

4r9w86.jpg

I'd imagine most drugs would make writing (not to mention thinking) accurately and to a satisfying degree counter-productive.

:hagirl:

Yes! I've never heard of somebody writing a song while drunk or high.....

I think it's pretty clear that Lana is a recreational drug user. Do you guys really think everything she writes about is from 7 years ago when she supposedly became sober?

There are probably more songs in her catalog that reference her drug use than songs that don't.

If she honestly weren't on drugs, she surely wouldn't want casual listeners to think that she were.

Two things:

1. There are countless examples of people writing (and recording) music while on drugs or intoxicated. It has been proven to be, at least for some period of time, very productive for some people.

2. Her demeanor during her live performances, those descriptions of her not being all there could very well be a manifestation of nervousness. That is not an uncommon way to come across when you're up on stage in front of a crowd and you're a nervous performer, you can look quite out of it.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

because as said before for her to actually write a song while on drugs is pretty counter productive, plus when your high im sure there's like a billion other things to be doing rather than writing songs, that are far more enjoyable while high.

dlnh8i.gif