Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

I think her mom wasn’t ever really a MOM to her. Like she didn’t want to deal with any of her problems, she just wanted to send Lana away to institutions or boarding schools instead of mothering her. Probably because she thought Lana ruined the image of being a perfect wealthy happy family. And apparently she was verbally abusive or aggressive towards her, sounds like a total narcissist  

Spoiler

I think that we should be careful when calling her a narcissist or something like this bc we only see Lana’s side. Idk. For me it seems that they fall into that tragic (but common) mom x daughter conflict (which is pretty sad).

idk, it feels kinda wrong name calling patricia (but as someone who struggles a lot with my own mother I get all the rage/sadness etc in those kind of relationships)

1 minute ago, lemonadedelrey said:

I was just thinking about the “God’s a charlatan” line in A&W and I wonder if she was directing that at Sean bc he’s super religious and was directly going against god by being an adulterer and a liar :eek:

Omg yes! It’s so “random” how she changed the cop for god like☠️☠️

1 minute ago, marryingkind said:
  Hide contents

I think that we should be careful when calling her a narcissist or something like this bc we only see Lana’s side. Idk. For me it seems that they fall into that tragic (but common) mom x daughter conflict (which is pretty sad and pretty common)

Yeah I agree, it’s just interesting that none of the kids are close with her. I’m just going off what I’ve heard Lana say and the absence of her mom from all of their lives says a lot imo 

Spoiler

"They say there's irony in the music, it's a tragedy, I / See nothing greek in it"

:defeated:all y'all arguing about her "regrettably white woman" line need to listen to this again

Trust her intentions

2 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:

Yeah I agree, it’s just interesting that none of the kids are close with her. I’m just going off what I’ve heard Lana say and the absence of her mom from all of their lives says a lot imo 

Yeah! That’s real. And if I’m not mistaken, they were closer like in 2012-2013. but I do remember that lana said that her mom didn’t liked the “my pussy tastes like pepsi cola” line

https://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/lanadelrey/view/112698/?isworld=y Here

I caved :wowcry: 

I listened to a snippet of grandfather and WOW 

SHES COMING FOR THAT GRAMMY OMFG I WANT THIS ALBUM :oprah4: 

Spoiler

IT FULLY SOUNDS LIKE IM TRANSCENDING INTO HEAVEN WTF

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Spoiler

The last line of The Grants speaks to me because I think it encapsulates this entire record. "It's a beautiful life, remember that, too, for me." Despite all of life's challenges, struggles, turmoil, and loss that she unravels throughout the album (suicide, rape, death, depression, hatred, trauma), there is also a glimmering beauty of hope that can be found by following your muse and staying faithful to your own path that will guide you back to a better home as expressed by a variety of symbols that pervade the album: the tunnel under ocean blvd, God's three white butterflies, Aphrodite/Serene Queen, her house on Genesee in the North Country, etc. I think it's such an evocative line that echoes throughout each and every song we've heard so far. She seems to be asking us listeners to not just remind her of the beauty of hope in the face of a crushing existence, but to also remind ourselves of the beauty of life as we continue to walk our own paths, facing our own personal struggles. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
Spoiler

"It's a beautiful life, remember that, too, for me." Despite all of life's challenges, struggles, turmoil, and loss that she unravels throughout the album (suicide, rape, death, depression, hatred, trauma)

Spoiler

rape? are you referring to the line in A&W?

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Please remember to keep spoilers in when quoting other users!

😋🫶🏼

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

The last line of The Grants speaks to me because I think it encapsulates this entire record. "It's a beautiful life, remember that, too, for me." Despite all of life's challenges, struggles, turmoil, and loss that she unravels throughout the album (suicide, rape, death, depression, hatred, trauma), there is also a glimmering beauty of hope that can be found by following your muse and staying faithful to your own path that will guide you back to a better home as expressed by a variety of symbols that pervade the album: the tunnel under ocean blvd, God's three white butterflies, Aphrodite/Serene Queen, her house on Genesee in the North Country, etc. I think it's such an evocative line that echoes throughout each and every song we've heard so far. She seems to be asking us listeners to not just remind her of the beauty of hope in the face of a crushing existence, but to also remind ourselves of the beauty of life as we continue to walk our own paths, facing our own personal struggles. 

Spoiler

The way the album is about shit like this but then we are getting pure pussy-popping songs like Fishtail Taco Truck and Peppers at the same time:hype:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

37 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:

I was just thinking about the “God’s a charlatan” line in A&W and I wonder if she was directing that at Sean bc he’s super religious and was directly going against god by being an adulterer and a liar :eek:

Do we still think that’s what the lyrics are after her now deleted tick tock? Not “got a shhhh who turned on the backbeat” 

hopefully her physical copies will have lyrics