Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

55 minutes ago, Elle said:

Guys idk what’s happening, but something really strange is going on. A couple hours ago I shared in here that I found an update about the car crash I was stuck behind on Saturday night/Sunday morning (in which I bonded with an Uber driver over the title track and the “don’t forget me” line) where it was reported the driver in the crash had died, and I just now found out that one of my friends from the Lana community that I’ve been in touch with for 5 years passed on Wednesday. The same day that the record was announced and the title track was released. That “don’t forget me” line is reeeeaaaalllllllyyyyy hitting me hard right now.

To make things even more unsettling, on Saturday evening before that whole Uber moment happened, I had went to the mall for some holiday shopping and spontaneously stopped into Build-a-Bear and made myself a little pink fox. I was pondering over a name for awhile, but the name Candi popped in my head and I instantly decided to settle on that especially since they had a little cute candy cane dress I could put her in. It made me think of my friend named Candy and figured I should check in with her since I think it’s always a sign that when you think of someone, you should let them know. Now I’ve just found out my sweet Candy had passed earlier that week. I felt the need to share this with you all especially now that I’ve felt the “don’t forget me” line from the title track now twice in the past like ~24 hours, and now I come into this thread to see you all talking about the word “candy”??? I feel like I’m sort of just word vomiting rn but this is all really unsettling and I’m struggling with how to feel. I feel like her spirit was already reminding me not to forget her before I even knew she was gone.

Rest in peace, Candy. It’s always hard to know we’ve lost someone from the fandom, especially someone who was as golden-hearted as she was. I wish she would’ve been around to hear the new album as I know she was looking forward to it. I at least hope she heard the title track before her passing. Another person I absolutely will never be forgetting x

We are here for you ❤️ May Candy rest in peace!

sending you big love hugs 

0YnL0Kf.gif

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Guys idk what’s happening, but something really strange is going on. A couple hours ago I shared in here that I found an update about the car crash I was stuck behind on Saturday night/Sunday morning (in which I bonded with an Uber driver over the title track and the “don’t forget me” line) where it was reported the driver in the crash had died, and I just now found out that one of my friends from the Lana community that I’ve been in touch with for 5 years passed on Wednesday. The same day that the record was announced and the title track was released. That “don’t forget me” line is reeeeaaaalllllllyyyyy hitting me hard right now.

To make things even more unsettling, on Saturday evening before that whole Uber moment happened, I had went to the mall for some holiday shopping and spontaneously stopped into Build-a-Bear and made myself a little pink fox. I was pondering over a name for awhile, but the name Candi popped in my head and I instantly decided to settle on that especially since they had a little cute candy cane dress I could put her in. It made me think of my friend named Candy and figured I should check in with her since I think it’s always a sign that when you think of someone, you should let them know. Now I’ve just found out my sweet Candy had passed earlier that week. I felt the need to share this with you all especially now that I’ve felt the “don’t forget me” line from the title track now twice in the past like ~24 hours, and now I come into this thread to see you all talking about the word “candy”??? I feel like I’m sort of just word vomiting rn but this is all really unsettling and I’m struggling with how to feel. I feel like her spirit was already reminding me not to forget her before I even knew she was gone.

Rest in peace, Candy. It’s always hard to know we’ve lost someone from the fandom, especially someone who was as golden-hearted as she was. I wish she would’ve been around to hear the new album as I know she was looking forward to it. I at least hope she heard the title track before her passing. Another person I absolutely will never be forgetting x

You’re in my T’s & P’s Elle :trisha: Call me crazy but I honestly believe in the concept of guardian angels whether that’s family or friends or just some kind of messenger watching over us and I wonder if these intuitive/coincidental things happen because we’re actually being guided by something else out there, yk? Anyway I digress but I hope you’re doing ok 🌹

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Well i'll take candy necklace over flopafeller anyday

Rockefeller Storyteller you will always be a star 💕

and also for giving me Margaret

Spoiler

First, I want to thank everyone who’s shared their love for both me and Candy. I know her soul would be warm with the thought that she’s being remembered, even by those who never met her.

Now at the risk of sounding absolutely insane, I just have to say something else. Candy’s funeral is being live-streamed on FaceBook in about 10 minutes, so I decided to log into my account for the first time in forever. Like, it’s been years. The very first post I see after logging in is a post made 22 hours ago by an old friend of mine of 12 years sharing that her husband passed away after several months of dealing with complications in the hospital. Shocked after already learning of two other deaths in the past 24 hours, I click to view her profile and her most recent post is her sharing a memory video of her and her husband on their first date exploring an abandoned underground tunnel. 

D832-B355-2-B1-B-4-D32-AAFA-F80-E55888292

?!?!?!?!

Don’t forget me like the tunnel (under Ocean Blvd)????

I am so sorry but this song is just doing way too much to me right now I can’t even cope. I feel like I’ve had three people who are no longer in this world scream to me to not forget them within the past day. I am hearing their messages loud and clear.

I’m going to watch Candy’s livestream and then head straight to bed because this is all just too much for me to handle I don’t even know what to think right now. Perhaps I’m just reading way too much into all of this, but I can’t help but have this feeling that this all means something.

Sorry for over-sharing on the boards, I’m just feeling such a strong connection to the title track of this record and it’s already impacting me in ways I didn’t know were possible x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I claim Candy Necklace just because of its association with the iconic Blue Banisters pre-release photos, and the fact I did not expect the title at all

The Grants

Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd

Sweet

A&W

Fingertips (?)

Candy Necklace

Whew

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Elle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

First, I want to thank everyone who’s shared their love for both me and Candy. I know her soul would be warm with the thought that she’s being remembered, even by those who never met her.

Now at the risk of sounding absolutely insane, I just have to say something else. Candy’s funeral is being live-streamed on FaceBook in about 10 minutes, so I decided to log into my account for the first time in forever. Like, it’s been years. The very first post I see after logging in is a post made 22 hours ago by an old friend of mine of 12 years sharing that her husband passed away after several months of dealing with complications in the hospital. Shocked after already learning of two other deaths in the past 24 hours, I click to view her profile and her most recent post is her sharing a memory video of her and her husband on their first date exploring an abandoned underground tunnel. 

D832-B355-2-B1-B-4-D32-AAFA-F80-E55888292

?!?!?!?!

Don’t forget me like the tunnel (under Ocean Blvd)????

I am so sorry but this song is just doing way too much to me right now I can’t even cope. I feel like I’ve had three people who are no longer in this world scream to me to not forget them within the past day. I am hearing their messages loud and clear.

I’m going to watch Candy’s livestream and then head straight to bed because this is all just too much for me to handle I don’t even know what to think right now. Perhaps I’m just reading way too much into all of this, but I can’t help but have this feeling that this all means something.

Sorry for over-sharing on the boards, I’m just feeling such a strong connection to the title track of this record and it’s already impacting me in ways I didn’t know were possible x

Life can be too unbearably strange sometimes. I hope the ones who travelled to the other side will have a peaceful life. It’s amazing that Candy has a friend like you that will always remember her. We live as long as memories keep us alive. This talk always bring “Where the birds always sing” from The Cure to my mind. Death is such a imbattable concept that we cope with it with the idea of eternal life afterwards. But sometimes living in others’ memories and dreams is enough. My biggest fear is to be forgotten when I pass away. But at the end it’s what happens to majority of people. So remembering someone’s memories and trying to keep them alive is one of the best things you can do to them.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

In my dream last night she released an album trailer and the audio for the whole thing was the pastor's sermon, and it was all about doubting yourself and learning to trust your own strengths. 

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

In my dream last night she released an album trailer and the audio for the whole thing was the pastor's sermon, and it was all about doubting yourself and learning to trust your own strengths. 

manifesting and unmanifesting at the same time

and also for giving me Margaret