Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

If it's a Honeymoon song being sampled, the only tracks on that album I would consider to be fan favorites would be Terrance and Salvatore. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Lana were to have chosen one of the Honeymoon songs she's referenced somewhat recently, like God Knows I Tried or Swan Song (which are in my top 5 on Honeymoon, so if she sampled those, I think I'd die, come back to life, then die again)

imageproxy.jpg

35 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

we’ve had to summarize it like once every other page:derpna3:

Yeah but thread is on steroids… I went to sleep and had to catch on 20 pages… and our new insider hadn’t revealed anything new since last night :true:

Sometimes being a Lana fan is fucking full-time job. :oprah3: Just the day of the preorder, it was absolute chaos at work and barely had time to listen to the song once, couldn’t even admire the beauty of the covers, yet alone preorder some… and BoZ was going at it the whole day :air2:

I love that we now have to guess the sample now :blush3:

By fan-favourite, whether released or not, my bets are on a fan-fave for the GP also, so I don’t think that MTWBT or GKIT are that well-known outside this fan base, even Salvatore … So, a song with 100M+ streams on Spotify? :oprah3: HBTB is my bet, since it was her last post on her ldr IG account and Eclipse « mentioned » it when the pre-release era started.

3 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

She's gonna sample Mermaid Motel for the Lizzy stans

:true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just realized that she’s gonna juxtapose the two feminine « archetypes » (the saint/mother and the whore) on two songs next to one another :judgingu3: Sweet and A&W, tracks 3 and 4…

And Sweet will be just after Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd… The vulnerability of that duo of songs… :crying2:

A few thoughts on the tea we received yesterday:

First of all, I'm very excited about the "brain-frying" pastor interlude, lol. The eerie unsettling background music is giving LA Who Am I To Love You instrumentals, tbh. Lana giggling and whispering, while the pastor is screaming his lungs out is another bizarre and disturbing detail. And the interlude is placed right after three explicit tracks, with A&W apparently being very wild both sonically and lyrically. I mean, BOZ doesn't even skip it. I wonder if it unintentionally (?!) exposes the pastor's clownery. BOZ told us that Lana's looking for guidance, so the interlude being track 5 probably means that the pastor has failed her.  :creepna:

I'm genuinely gagged by the fact that she kinda bookmarks Candy Necklace with two (?!) interludes, lol. It's such a strange decision, and I wonder why the interlude featuring Jon Batiste would be so controversial/difficult to listen to. Is it just an audio clip of the two of them having a random conversation? Because I'd be surprised if a track by Batiste would be sonically divisive, unless it's a bizarre and borderline unlistenable/potentially cacophonous jazzy outro to Candy Necklace. In a way, the interludes might help the tracks surrounding them (A&W, Candy Necklace, and Track 8) stand out even more - perhaps this is Lana's point. Or they somehow fit in narrative-wise. A&W will surely be a highlight in her discography according to all our info so far, and the Candy Necklace snippet sounds kinda eerie (and it's the only track that she actually teased, so it must quite important for Lana). 

Sweet being this album's Love song is exactly what I was hoping for, lol. I was scared that we'd get another Beautiful based on the writing credits!

I am thrilled about the AK composition. He's so talented, and @Kintsugi implying that it'll be the Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak-esque track of the album is very promising. I'm sure that Track 14 will be a moment. :true:

Very excited about Track 11, as well. BOZ mentioned multiple times that the FJM "collaboration" (well, apparently he's getting Snowonthebeach'd, lol) is a highlight and an amazing track, and it also features the RIOPY sample, so, yeah, this is going to be good. BOZ also hyped Track 10 (feat. SYML's composition), and Track 12 (the one with the long ass title) is supposedly BOZ's favourite (or second favourite after A&W) track on the album and one of her best tracks ever. And he also said that Fingertips is stunning...Well, Side C will be that bitch. :oprah:

Oh, and I knew that she'd deliver a fantastic closing song this time around. A "one for the books" 5:53 closer with an outstanding outro? Yes, ma'am! :pussypower:

I don't know. This album sounds major. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I just realized that she’s gonna juxtapose the two feminine « archetypes » (the saint/mother and the whore) on two songs next to one another :judgingu3: Sweet and A&W, tracks 3 and 4…

And Sweet will be just after Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd… The vulnerability of that duo of songs… :crying2:

and he said "Weddings! Funerals!" when asked about The Grants, which also has spiritual, saintly imagery :air:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

When you use a sample I’m pretty sure you have to credit all the songwriters that were on that song. This means that if it’s not a NFR/COTCC/BB song, it would be a self-written song like Yayo. Or maybe something from Aka? Not sure if she was the sole writer on some of those songs. Then again it is possible that she just didn’t properly credit everyone on the original song. 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I just realized that she’s gonna juxtapose the two feminine « archetypes » (the saint/mother and the whore)

And so we wanted Dragon slayer but got pastors delusions instead:wowcry:

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

BBs is gonna look so boring in comparison to TUOB

We’re gonna have to revisit COCC and BB, later on in her career. Her two « pandemic » albums or reflexive albums while standing at a standstill are important in her discography, but probably like HM and LFL, they will be better understood over time, when we will see where her story leads us. But you’re right that we’ll be surely ignoring BB after Tunnel :um:

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Maybe the acronym starts with “God powerlifting”:oprah3:

I guess that nothing is impossible at this point, but I’d prefer the first word to be guitars rather than God…