Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

My dad is a deep-sea shark fisherman—he has been for 15 years—and he lived on a boat in Providence, Rhode Island, from the age of 15 to 18. He was also a storm chaser. In California, earth, wind, and fire are huge. All the elements are taken into consideration with my art, all the time. Which is funny, because people often ask why I sing about California. But I usually sing about wherever I am, and it just so happens that California is such a storm center right now. I mean, I’m from Lake Placid, the coldest spot in the nation. For me, the California landscape never gets old. Link

grandfather song is going to be such an elemental earth wind fire water wind and storm slay .. 

gretchen.gif

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

every writer from the track that’s being sampled needs to be credited, so looking at the album credits, the only possibilities are every Lana/Jack original song besides FIILY, Happiness is a Butterfly, and Breaking Up Slowly, but when you consider that it needs to be a fan favorite it also narrows that list down a lot

Trueeee lololol

Okay well then it's gotta be Venice Bitch :crying: Ending the album of the century with a sample from the song of the century, her mind :oprah:

Just now, honeybadger said:

grandfather song is going to be such an elemental earth wind fire water wind and storm slay .. 

gretchen.gif

oh my god i forgot she said this and said it so recently… i’m a Grandfather Grandpa Please Stand On The Shoulders Of My Father While He Is Deep Sea Fishing truther now 

7 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

The only NFR track that could be considered to be an "absolute fan favourite" is Venice Bitch. Didn't Kintsugi say that Track 16 is major and has an outro for the books? Perhaps the song closes with a psychedelic instrumental that features a sample from Venice Bitch:creepna:

Move over, Candy Necklace. I claim Track 16 as the third entry of my pre-release trifecta of "Fingertips," "Grandpa," and Track 16 (5:53). 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

this is my third time saying this in the last 12 hours but idc!! i think the outro of VB, “if you weren’t mine i’d be jealous of your love”, is going to be a part of the chorus of this new song; it’s a fan favorite, it’s catchy, it can be sung over literally anything and easily worked into something else, and maybe that’s why spoiling what track the sample is of is kind of spoiling the whole song itself

Literally one of my favorite lines from her ever, I need this NOW :trisha: 

sgopYhV.gif

Continuing on my previous theory - the song sampled in the album is probably post LFL as there are no writing credits from Rick or anyone who wrote with her before NFR. So the song sampled is more than likely an NFR song and my bet is on Cinnamon Girl

There is also the possibility of her using an old unreleased song and not bothering to properly credit the original personnel as we saw that happening with LMLYLAW (since it was originally a UV song) and the blue banisters tracks missing writing and production credits…

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

if venice is sampled i might simply pass away… it’s literally my favorite song she’s ever done. so so SO excited for this album in a way i haven’t been excited since NFR! 

giphy.gif