Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

sorry but i don't want a&w to blow up on tiktok :noparty:

ik it's trend-friendly and it helps the song to become a hit but if it did, people would later be saying the song is "dissapointing" and that they wish the entire song was like the jimmy part

this happened with the loneliest time by carly rae :toofunny:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Does she say at 1:45

Called up one drunk, called up another

or

Called up one friend, called up another

Apple Music has the first and Genius, Lana wiki and Musixmatch the second but I can't hear friend at all.

This is the blue/gold dress all over again. I’m hearing both drunk and friend :toofunny:

3 minutes ago, your dealer said:

my neighbors, hearing A&W starting to play for the 30th time of the day 

gun-bullets.gif

they were touched so deeply by the artistic depth and emotional charge of the song that they decided to end it all, bless em :trisha:

5 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

While I would have loved a single cover, I am kinda living for the album art being with the song on Spotify. It’s like it will be when we have the full album :oprah:

It’s also a good reminder that the album is COMING :hype:

they need to fix the lyrics because i'm so tired of reading "OMG I JUST FOUND ALTERNATE LYRICS" everywhere. 

i can't imagine how brain-rotting Lana's subreddit must be over this situation

The lyrics feature was great but really the ones on Musixmatch aren't always perfect (or they're just completely wrong like in this case). The spelling in the ones in English is thankfully mostly correct, but the ones in french are often a tragedy. 

Also it's just hilarious a streaming platform included made-up lyrics 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I'm not normally one to get stuck into her team, but I guarantee nobody in her management even knows about the wrong lyrics, unless someone here has/will let them know. And by let them know, I don't mean leave an insta comment, I mean ring their office.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I'm kinda bummed the song is so dark, because all I wanted was a cutesy slutty fun song but instead we got a sad and twisted masterpiece :bebe: 

Not complaining, tho! Fishtails will be my jam :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

9 hours ago, DCooper said:

It's funny that everyone talks about how fun and boppy the second part is but I also find it very dark and unsettling. Like that party with Jimmy is not good vibes, even though the beat makes us think otherwise. It's like some trippy drugged up loop that we're stuck in where she just repeats the same toxic things about Jimmy over and over, and I think by repeating the lyrics from a song from the 1950s she's also making a statement that people have been living similar experiences to her for a very long time. It's obviously a vibe but there's a lot of darkness beneath the surface in that part too.

to add on to this, i think it’s meant to show the dopamine rush she gets from her “american whore” lifestyle. part 1 reflects on the darkness she feels from it, and part 2 is how it makes her feel free 

I hate circling back to the 1sT HaLf vS 2nD HaLf conversation because a) A&W is clearly one complete song by intention, b) Lana made it that way, and c) the song is amazing as a whole, but my God... I've always wanted Lana to channel her own version of a Hole song. And the main part/1st half is like... 11/10 for me because it so perfectly captures this intimate, dark '90s grunge flavor. The way Jack and Lana made an acoustic guitar sound downright menacing, the lively piano shapeshifting throughout... It's actual perfection, and it's everything I love about current-day Lana.

The 2nd part for me is chaotic and boppy and hilarious - I think Lana's a fantastic rapper, actually, and part of what makes A&W so brilliant is the juxtaposition in both parts working together. But it feels like Lana (intentionally) spinning one of her darkest songs into a bop to perhaps distract how dark the song truly is. And I think it's working. I totally agree w/ the "Return to Lizzy Grant era" callouts, but people saying she's deliberately tapped into "Midnights production", or "Melodrama"... totally icks me out for some reason. But maybe that was her aim? Or maybe she just wanted to turn this brutal song into something mocking, sarcastic, and somewhat humorous/fun? (Not saying the 2nd part is super light or sugary or anything, because it isn't.) 

Idk how to express myself articulately here. Obviously, my main takeaway is that Lana does whatever she wants because she wants to, which is a main reason why I stan. The 2nd part is a 9/10 for me. I can't say I like it more than the 1st part because I don't. But hey, both parts as a whole and it's another easy 10/10 Lana track for me. And I feel very spoiled. 

6 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I'm kinda bummed the song is so dark, because all I wanted was a cutesy slutty fun song but instead we got a sad and twisted masterpiece :bebe: 

Not complaining, tho! Fishtails will be my jam :oprah3:

Bestie, I think most of the songs, especially the ones about her family will be sad and twisted in some form...:bebe: I think Sweet, Margarine, and Taco Truck will be exempt from this 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.