Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

to fall again a week after :rip:

yeah i don’t really care about streams either,  if she/her team wanted better streams they’d get off their asses and work some, i just find it weird to see a longer but also much catchier song than OB loose 700k streams only 2 days after release :crossed:

it’ll probably win some back tomorrow due to playlists but i doubt it’ll stabilize that much/make up for the lost streams + we know now you can have all the playlisting you want and the song can still flop after a week = tunnel 

agreed, if they wanted this song to be a hit they would have at least told her ass to make a video or perform it somewhere lol

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, SuperMegaStan said:

if we can bag a doin' time / dealer type of streaming success then the album will have LEGS for sure. let's manifest that shall we. :godlaugh:

Fishtail coming for y’all’s wigs:clapback:

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

agreed, if they wanted this song to be a hit they would have at least told her ass to make a video or perform it somewhere lol

or at least add it to a few playlists when the song comes out, not half a week later :toofunny:

3 minutes ago, World At War said:

honestly think she's in a career high right now. wouldn't worry too much about actual numbers when she's as popular as she is

agreed, they don't ultimately matter as long as the music is good, and Honeymoon is finally getting its dues after almost ten years, so 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

46 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

not the song’s streams already collapsing after 2 days what’s going awn? :toofloppy:

luckily it’s still in the top 50 of US spotify at 34, and in the top 50 of UK at 27

not that streams matter, but it’s a little frustrating that a song that has potential to be extremely popular isn’t really being pushed to its full potential

at least we get to enjoy the music though, A&W is so excellent 

The actual play counts aren’t reflecting the song popularity because it’s so long. Take a look at the amount of listeners on Last.fm compared to its scrobbles. There are a lot of people listening but the play count is disproportionately low esp compared to most of the songs on the charts. That’s literally due to its length.

You can’t see the amount of listeners on Spoifty (you can through a paid app), but I’m sure it’s same. Also it has weaker playlisting than Tunnel, unfortunately that’s just how it is due to it being the second song/single not the lead. Ocean Blvd was the most payola’d song in Lana’s career.

With that said, Sweet and Paris, Texas are smashes waiting to happen. A&W is more of an album seller. I’m sure she will open with big numbers on the back of A&W alone.

1 minute ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

The actual play counts aren’t reflecting the song popularity because it’s so long. Take a look at the amount of listeners on last.fm compared to its scrobbles. There are a lot of people listening but the play count is disproportionately low esp compared to most of the songs on the charts. That’s literally due to its length.

You can’t see the amount of listeners on Spoifty (you can through a paid app) but I’m sure it’s same. Also it has weaker playlisting than Tunnel, unfortunately that’s just how it is due to it being the second song not the lead. Ocean Blvd was the most payola’d song in Lana’s career.

it’s kinda sad Ocean Blvd wasn’t pushed a little more because it was gaining a lot of traction due to lana’s growing fanbase  but also the playlisting, etc. didn’t it also have a radio edit? 

lana is a streaming force, everything will sort itself out in due time. born to die is 10 years in averaging almost 5m daily. literally all her albums uv-nfr PEAKED in streams this past year. she's gonna be fine

Wy8jf2U.jpg

24 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

or at least add it to a few playlists when the song comes out, not half a week later :toofunny:

Aren’t playlists usually updated Fridays because that’s when 90% of songs are released? 

15 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

agreed, they don't ultimately matter as long as the music is good, and Honeymoon is finally getting its dues after almost ten years, so 

She better include more HM songs in the setlist. I need Art Deco or Religion live

11 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Yes he could and he did on BB :wtf3:

It's the same cycle again. Hating on Jack's piano, now on Drew's and next album cycle will be the poor soul that dares to produce a piano ballad for her.

Kinda tiring :eek:

Right? 

When "Blue Banisters" was released, people were TRASHING Jack. There were literally essays about how "Jack Antonoff only knows how to play chords, Drew Erickson is a REAL pianist". And now they hate Drew and love Jack, like: ???? :awk:

This fandom is literally traumatized by an instrument, it makes them shape-shift their views lmao

5 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Right? 

When "Blue Banisters" was released, people were TRASHING Jack. There were literally essays about how "Jack Antonoff only knows how to play chords, Drew Erickson is a REAL pianist". And now they hate Drew and love Jack, like: ???? :awk:

This fandom is literally traumatized by an instrument, it makes them shape-shift their views lmao

A beautiful instrument at that too…. 

8 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Right? 

Thanks for not letting other people rewrite history; I clearly remember people loving Drew's work on Blue Banisters and dragging Jack because of it 

15 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Right? 

Bah, it’s the neverending cycle of LB: pre-eras trash the previous album, with through-the-roof expectations for the new one. But once the new is out for a couple of weeks, « deceptions » begin to fly high again. 
According to LB, HM was considered boring when it was out, LFL was trash and incohesive, NFR was watered-down, etc, etc. HM was viewed as a masterpiece after LFL and NFR; LFL finally got the well-deserved love it got with new members joining for the last two years, etc. 
all critics are valid, but this forum tends to be over critical with the last album and even the newest one. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Bah, it’s the neverending cycle of LB: pre-eras trash the previous album, with through-the-roof expectations for the new one. But once the new is out for a couple of weeks, « deceptions » begin to fly high again. 
According to LB, HM was considered boring when it was out, LFL was trash and incohesive, NFR was watered-down, etc, etc. HM was viewed as a masterpiece after LFL and NFR; LFL finally got the well-deserved love it got with new members joining for the last two years, etc. 
all critics are valid, but this forum tends to big over critical with the last album and even the newest one. 

Can confirm everything you've said, people were dragging Honeymoon to the pits when it dropped, almost worse than people drag Blue Banisters today 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

all critics are valid, but this forum tends to be over critical with the last album and even the newest one. 

I totally agree. The views about art change with time, perceptions are not eternally settled in time, they shape, based on opinions, growth and even cultural aspects. Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future and all that. Maybe in a couple of years, people will end up considering "Coachella — Woodstock in My Mind" as a life-changing career highlight, you never know!

It's the piano-talk and the toxic relationship between the fandom and the producers skills with a freaking piano what makes me laugh :omfg2:. Poor little piano, doing his best.

It's also really dumb to compare a song like A&W to Blue Banisters or Arcadia. Totally different tracks that try to convey really different emotions.

It's clear than on BB the majority of the track's focus was on lyrics and while A&W has top tier lyrics too, it wouldn't work with just piano chords, just like Blue Banisters wouldn't work with a 90s rock guitar and piano base :hide:

We wouldn't have this album without Chemtrails and BB so the take that "this is the album she really wanted to put out after NFR" is dumb too :true:

giphy.gif