Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i think everyone needs to understand that people shouldn't get warning points for expressing their opinion :xgiggle:

this is a discussion forum

agreed but that opinion about Venice Bitch is pushing it :wtf:

18 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

Vb is a skip, aw is a bop

It's not a skip but it's definitely overrated

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Lana has too many excellent songs, I can't seriously rank them. It's fun to do though. :oprah3:

Literally !! I feel so bad excluding tracks because they are all so amazing in different ways. I usually turn to personal favorites and weigh in a more critical perspective when creating my rankings. A&W is definitely one of her best works (along with the title track).

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Literally !! I feel so bad excluding tracks because they are all so amazing in different ways. I usually turn to personal favorites and weigh in a more critical perspective when creating my rankings. A&W is definitely one of her best works (along with the title track).

I usually have two lists in my mind:

1. Based on critical acclaim, fan consensus, what her best tracks are

2. My own individual favorites, built by personal connections to certain songs

The second one is obviously more important to me, but sometimes they intersect and sometimes they diverge drastically 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

tbh i've been really surprised by the "best thing since Venice Bitch" takes myself (& sorry if i'm repeating myself to some of you bc i shared a similar sentiment in the unpopular opinion thread recently) cause i gotta say VB was trampled long ago for me, I mean I don't even think it's the best on it's own album let alone better than some of the amazing material on COTCC & BB 

not saying it's a bad song by any means but it doesn't do much for me & maybe i can take some heat off Sadaura in the meantime too :thumb3: oh & im def a ocean blvd> a&w kinda gal

it's nice to discuss though & get a look into people's tastes, i've been thinking of doing a general "music questionnaire" thread not exclusive to Lana so we can all get to know each other better in that regard! maybe it would be worth it

1 minute ago, ultrabanisters said:

blue banisters (song) was the best thing since venice bitch and now a&w is on par with bb's excellency :true:

Correct, just add White Dress. :true:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I usually have two lists in my mind:

1. Based on critical acclaim, fan consensus, what her best tracks are

2. My own individual favorites, built by personal connections to certain songs

The second one is obviously more important to me, but sometimes they intersect and sometimes they diverge drastically 

The factors you consider are the same as mine. I would say for Lana’s top 5 tracks from a collective and critical point of view are (in no order) A&W, DYKTATUOB, Venice Bitch, West Coast, and Hope is a dangerous thing. Tracks that could be switched out in the top 5 being White Dress, Heroin, and Black Bathing Suit. Idk if this made sense LMAO 

3 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

blue banisters (song) was the best thing since venice bitch and now a&w is on par with bb's excellency :true:

People sleep on BB. For a few months that was my favorite song :blush3:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, mssainttropez said:

The factors you consider are the same as mine. I would say for Lana’s top 5 tracks from a collective and critical point of view are (in no order) A&W, DYKTATUOB, Venice Bitch, West Coast, and Hope is a dangerous thing. Tracks that could be switched out in the top 5 being White Dress, Heroin, and Black Bathing Suit. Idk if this made sense LMAO 

Period! I would also add The Blackest Day and Blue Banisters :oprah3:

it is completely impossible for me to truly rank her music because I love a lot of things with the same intensity and also lana has this magic of making her songs to be growers for the most part. some of her songs might take years, but at some point they'll capture you and also, depending on how you're feeling a certain album will just hit more. not to mention her past catalogue makes me put everything on the CLASSICS pedestal. like, A&W is certainly not better than all of her classic songs but it's also really up there with the best ones and it has the instant classic factor, imho 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

it is completely impossible for me to truly rank her music because I love a lot of things with the same intensity and also lana has this magic of making her songs to be growers for the most part. some of her dongs might take years, but at some point they'll capture you and also, depending on how you're feeling a certain album will just hit more. not to mention her past catalogue makes me put everything on the CLASSICS pedestal. like, A&W is certainly not better than all of her classic songs but it's also really up there with the best ones and it has the instant classic factor, imho 

Totally agreed!

For me, I think I'm beginning to see what BoZ said when he thought this album might be a bit confusing with multiple singles. I think the album's vision will crash over all of us life a tidal wave when we hear it in full :oopna:

4 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

lana has this magic of making her songs to be growers for the most part. some of her songs might take years, but at some point they'll capture you

To the people who don’t get the hype around Venice Bitch… one day you will, there’s hope :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

So do we believe what Rob allegedly said about surprises coming? Cause it doesn't look like they are doing much of an album promo (even though the music is being amazing and we are getting some covers, but in terms of campaign it's not really that different from the past 2 albums) :um2:

I'm honestly satisfied enough with just the music but it's a weird album cycle cause it's like there's always something imminent but it just doesn't happen :thumb3:

giphy.gif