Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

if we get another single, i want it to be one of the songs that has a sample, because I really want to see how they are incorporated into the tracks

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

if we get another single, i want it to be one of the songs that has a sample, because I really want to see how they are incorporated into the tracks

I want the next single to be Let the Light In to show people the variation on the record

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Grandfather seems like of the songs that's going to be the "heart" of the record, along with A&W, like it's going to be a standout track but also really encapsulate all of the themes and sonic qualities of the entire record

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I really think that all the tracks have some sort of sample :creepna2: The title track, at the end, reminds me a lot of the end of Dance Til We Die, A&W samples NFR, Taco Truck also… But yeah, I can’t wait to hear any of the songs where samples are more « proéminent »

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I want the next single to be Let the Light In to show people the variation on the record

A collab would be a good way to go for a next single :true:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really think that all the tracks have some sort of sample :creepna2: The title track, at the end, reminds me a lot of the end of Dance Til We Die, A&W samples NFR, Taco Truck also… But yeah, I can’t wait to hear any of the songs where samples are more « proéminent »

Yeah, i mostly meant a sample from an artist that isn't Lana herself, so Paris, Texas, Grandfather, Peppers, and Fishtail. It's just something i'm reallyyy excited to hear because she hasn't really done sampling like this before.  

I wish Grandfather was longer but A&W reminded me how a knockout can be accomplished in 4 minutes, even without the second part A&W would be one of my all-time favourites :true:

I really don't foresee a weak moment on this album.

Just now, DCooper said:

I wish Grandfather was longer but A&W reminded me how a knockout can be accomplished in 4 minutes, even without the second part A&W would be one of my all-time favourites :true:

Exactly, to be honest I have never been convinced that much by what an album is shaping out to be. Each and every song seems to be relevant and unique. We are really in for a masterpiece :defeated:

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

A&W really only feels like 4 minutes to me:defeated:the fact that it's 7 minutes long is so crazy

I just keep thinking about all of the merch i've ordered and how it's elavated my hype to a whole new level.

Like wow not only are we getting a 16 track experimental masterpiece on the 24th of March but i'll be receiving 3 different vinyl varients, 2 CDs, the cassette, the hoodie, 2 jackets, the A&W necklace and the ocean blvd t shirt. Not to mention the possibilty of more merch coming soon including a box set. I don't want this pre release to end.

DYK era jocasta-bb16.gif

Dopamine, shoot it up, straight to the heart please giphy.gif

March 24th!

giphy.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wonder if Fishtail may be about Chuck.. in the Grant family's latest TikTok, Lana can be heard saying in regards to Chuck,  "You are your work and your work is you, and your fishtail is long. Your spirit is true, my little, little sister."

@familyheirlooms

♬ original sound - Familyheirlooms

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

I wonder if Fishtail may be about Chuck.. in the Grant family's latest TikTok, Lana can be heard saying in regards to Chuck,  "You are your work and your work is you, and your fishtail is long. Your spirit is true, my little, little sister."

probably since chuck is credited as "speaker" on fishtail, and boz said she sings a lot about family on this record

27 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

based on the Flo by RIOPY interpolation and the credits (especially the saxophone), i feel like Grandfather is going to be a really cute mix of like White Dress and Terrence Loves You. the melody of Flo is so satisfyingly cohesive with A&W as well

not RIOPY getting a hit bc of lana :air2: 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

I would bet money on those words being lyrics/part of Fishtail in some shape or form

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

I honestly thought the birds were photoshopped lmao

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I was just listening for RIOPY FLO again and it was really reminding me of George Winston who is an amazing piano player, if anyone is a fan of piano, check his stuff out. Grandfather is going to slay. :oprah3:

The Wanderlust song by AK is a little more basic to me, plus the trap beatz. Which track is that one going to be sampled on again? 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.