Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

49 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ok Sweet def has one of my favorite closings

”in the woods somewhere

with a knife in the heart

in the valley 

in the sweet north country

if i’m not there, come to my house on genesee” 

it’s a perfect way to end the song, to reveal/point out that although she is sweet & barefeet, soft n loving, she still carries these deep emotional pains - ‘the knife in her heart’ - from men/heartbreaks/betrayal, from trauma/her upbringing etc etc. with her.

shes able to love & give herself to others still in spite of everything she’s been through

that is truly beautiful :crying4: hall of fame LDR 

ooh that didn't occur to me! bc i hear:

Spoiler

you can find me where no one will be

in the woods somewhere

in the night, in the heart of the valley

which would parallel the opening lines "stars in my eyes, hiking up griffith"

mUENGN9.png

15 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Hide contents

in the woods somewhere

which would bring us back to the opening lines "stars in my eyes, hiking up griffith" tho if she means griffith park/observatory in LA idk how isolated that would be lol (and it's not north country)

Spoiler

damn, i just listened to that bit again w these lyrics in mind & now i can make that out also:defeated: thanks for sharing <3

i still hear this slight 'f' sound though around that part, for whatever reason, which made me think knife....Lana rly luvs 2 be in her mumble bag 

i guess we'll have to wait n see if we get some lyric sheets in physical copies or whatever, regardless- both make great endings for different reasons

12 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Rob and her are still married aswell 

what a sweet looking woman! i sure hope she didn’t send her daughter away to a foreign country alone when she was 16

12 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Hide contents

in the woods somewhere

which would parallel the opening lines "stars in my eyes, hiking up griffith"

Spoiler

omg, now I don't know what I hear :oprah2:

Spoiler

I’ve only listened to the untagged tracks and I have to say this is gonna be way above Chemtrails and BB. She’s really pushing her own boundaries with this album and musically and lyrically this might be her actual peak. It looks like this will be a fan favourite like Ultraviolence but will also be critically acclaimed like Norman was.  
At first I thought Fingertips was the strongest but now I really don’t know because The Grants and Sweet sound pretty outstanding if you ask me.

I don't know if you talked about it, but in The Grants...

Spoiler

... Lana sings about "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver and the lyrics of his song go really well with the theme of The Grants, especially:

He climbed cathedral mountains, he saw silver clouds below

He saw everything as far as you can see

And they say that he got crazy once and he tried to touch the sun

And he lost a friend but kept the memory

For me Lana in her song is changing, doing hard stuff to cleanse her family line story, to put Grants in a good light. (I am really curious what she has found about her ancestors, because I feel something was wrong there :sadcore2:). Anyway, she knows that the only thing she can take with herself on that after-death journey are her memories and she wants them to be the ones which are the most important to her (Chucks child, her grandma's smile, etc). And in John's song, he lost his friend, but all he's taking with are a memories of him, because what else he could take?

There are many more parallels between these two songs but I am sleep deprived and I'm gonna finish now here. I'm sure you will see them. Let me cry in peace now. :crying2:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

26 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Reveal hidden contents

omg, now I don't know what I hear :oprah2:

sometimes i kinda don't mind when we never get the real lyrics (esp in the case for unreleased) bc then the lyrics can be whatever u personally need/want to hear (unmanifesting in this case tho lol)

mUENGN9.png

my top 3 lana albums are

1. chemtrails 

2. honeymoon

3. norman

and I already know that I will like dykttatuob more than Norman, but I wonder if Ocean Blvd will be higher that honeymoon or cotcc.......

Spoiler

i was thinking that this album may be divided into 4 phases that almost coincide with the sides of the vinyls. The first one goes from the grants to A&W even tho i think that already the 2nd part of A&W is preparing us for the side B. I think side B will surely be darker than side A, we have the two interludes, kintsuji that seems to talk about death and candy necklace that we know pretty nothing about apart from the little snippet. I think that kintsuji will be pretty confessional, it'll be the door for entering the 3rd phase that is also the core of the album, so side C, Then I see in Margaret a sort of breakthrough, that introduces us to the 4rd phase, that seems to be more upbeat (according to what I understood). 

On 1/12/2023 at 11:14 PM, 111 said:

Sharks, explained

On 1/12/2023 at 11:20 PM, Venice Peach said:

Maybe the title is deep shark fishing even tho it makes no sense but Rob is a shark fisher :ohmy:

On 2/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, 111 said:

the grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing for sharks in the pacific songstress really did it again huh

:clapback: