Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

And before yall ask me I AM NOT LEAKING THE GAH DAMN ALBUM. 

Hide contents

but I WILL be posting an in depth review 

:xcry: 

omg excited

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

what does Godtail sound like ? did she keep the og production or did she strip it back ? 

Spoiler

From what I hear there has been more beats added to it

I'm literally at work and I had to step outside for a moment AHHHHHHHHHHH ITS HAPPENING 

THIS, MOTHERFUCKERS, IS THE EXPERIENCE OF BEING AN AMERICAN WHOOOOOORE

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

So the moral of the story is make friends with people who work at record stores ASAP

omg speaking of which, when i go back to turkey for my uni, i am going to start working in a record shop so i can have early access to most of the records but wont ever leak anything but omg to work in a record store is a dream 

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

I'm literally at work and I had to step outside for a moment AHHHHHHHHHHH ITS HAPPENING 

THIS, MOTHERFUCKERS, IS THE EXPERIENCE OF BEING AN AMERICAN WHOOOOOORE

I'm excited for you but so confused lol what happened? :tommy:

unnamed.gif

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Why do records stores receive the vinyl 3 weeks early? They are asking for leaks :um2:

Ya I really don’t get the reason for the delay now especially considering vinyls are ready. 

maybe not all of them were, and they wanted ALL merch to ship on the same date for sales purposes. But still seems kind of silly. 

5 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I think Lana's forceful and stubborn that way, though, as she has the right to be, though whether that's a smart thing to do on a case by case basis is another issue. I'm not surprised in the least, especially if this entire project was written via the mic on her phone and developed out of the 'automatic writing' she spoke about. As stream-of-consciousness material, to make sure it's kept pure, it would have to basically be unedited lyrically. 

Many musicians are equally stubborn. It's their vision and the more likely they imagine something they write will make some people squawk, the more they push back within their own creative process. Among women, Joni Mitchell was that way in the 1970s, Tori Amos and Marianne Faithfull are this way still, and Nico said her philosophy was 'the power of the will to the end,' which, as it turned out, wasn't so life-affirming a philosophy for her. It's well-known that, in their respective bands, Ann Wilson, Chrissie Hyde and Siouxsie Sioux were the stars, leaders and bosses, stated or unstated. 

Haven't fully caught up, I got warned for dragging Fauxmoi losers because some ppl on here are super sensitive, it appears.

One thing I think is interesting about these ~controversial~ lyrics is that people aren't really acknowledging the idea that Lana is egging people on intentionally. That's not to take away from the points she's making - I think she's genuinely, openly challenging a lot of the ammo being used against her. Some fans say she's riffing, or just quickly forming lyrics based off stream-of-consciousness, using a mic, etc. But as those who criticize those lines have said, there's a nuanced way of saying things she instead chooses to deliver roughly.

She's straight up saying "I'm a white woman", "you're wrong", "my boyfriend has Covid but I don't care, we've been making out", calling herself "Lanita" on a track called Taco Truck...

I think it's safe to say she knows what she's doing. If a certain group of people (not even the demographic who should be offended, ofc) are offended, I don't think Lana cares. In fact, I think she likes it by now. She's said before she doesn't care if she loses fans - she's all about artistic freedom. She has questionable lines on pretty much every album she's made. Jack's mentioned one thing a lot of people don't pick up on about Lana through her music is her sense of humor, which can seemingly be pretty dark at times. I truly think she's in on it all, and though she might want you to believe otherwise, she loves to push the boundaries. I think it's okay to acknowledge that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about her - she's so messy. It's just who she is. As @gothphetamine said, I believe art should be celebrated when it's disturbing and challenging, not punished or edited. Of course, "kill all [X]" should never get a pass, but that's not what Lana's doing.

Didn't mean to write so much, but just wanted to add my 2c.

3 minutes ago, bluebanist said:
  Hide contents

From what I hear there has been more beats added to it

you think they kept all of the original production and just added more beats/instruments on top ? cause that’s exactly what i wanted :defeated:

I knew the two week delay would kick them in the ass. Lol.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

I can't even contain my excitement anymore...YES :trisha:

Wait. Ignore that big dumb shit I just posted, this is way more exciting. :angie: :oprah:

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Haven't fully caught up, I got warned for dragging Fauxmoi losers because some ppl on here are super sensitive, it appears.

One thing I think is interesting about these ~controversial~ lyrics is that people aren't really acknowledging the idea that Lana is egging people on intentionally. That's not to take away from the points she's making - I think she's genuinely, openly challenging a lot of the ammo being used against her. Some fans say she's riffing, or just quickly forming lyrics based off stream-of-consciousness, using a mic, etc. But as those who criticize those lines have said, there's a nuanced way of saying things she instead chooses to deliver roughly.

Hide contents

She's straight up saying "I'm a white woman", "you're wrong", "my boyfriend has Covid but I don't care, we've been making out", calling herself "Lanita" on a track called Taco Truck...

I think it's safe to say she knows what she's doing. If a certain group of people (not even the demographic who should be offended, ofc) are offended, I don't think Lana cares. In fact, I think she likes it by now. She's said before she doesn't care if she loses fans - she's all about artistic freedom. She has questionable lines on pretty much every album she's made. Jack's mentioned one thing a lot of people don't pick up on about Lana through her music is her sense of humor, which can seemingly be pretty dark at times. I truly think she's in on it all, and though she might want you to believe otherwise, she loves to push the boundaries. I think it's okay to acknowledge that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about her. As @gothphetamine said, I believe art should be celebrated when it's disturbing and challenging, not punished or edited. Of course, "kill all [X]" shouldn't get a pass, but that's not what Lana's doing.

Didn't mean to write so much, but just wanted to add my 2c.

the lyric i highlighted is literally lana's classic sarcastic/satiric lyrics that she had on almost every album, like it is a mockery of what the public think she is like. just like the way mpg and fmw was written

Just now, NikoGo said:

We’re tired of in depth reviews atp 

We need an in dept review of Candy Necklace, tho :true: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: