Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Alright, what song does everyone think DNC and Waist Deep In Icy Waves are from?
I am hoping that they are from Kintsugi and/or Fishtail bc those songs are def gonna be in my top 3. Idc if Kintsugi is literally For Free 2.0 or smthn, I WILL like it.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

33 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

There is no way in Hell Neil is using a Polaroid, he is at the very least using a medium format film camera, which are giant hunks of things. (I speak as a visual artist 🤓)

he probably just had her lie on the bed and reach towards the lens

Anais Nin in 'Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome,' one of my favorite underground films. Bravo. 

Just now, ivory almond said:

Alright, what song does everyone think DNC and Waist Deep In Icy Waves are from?
I am hoping that they are from Kintsugi and/or Fishtail bc those songs are def gonna be in my top 3. Idc if Kintsugi is literally For Free 2.0 or smthn, I WILL like it.

Waist Deep was made up by fans it’s not in any song, DNC is not on this album according to insiders and they don’t know what it is or a reference too. So the mystery goes on.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Spoiler

dnc = sweet

why?

"in the sweet north country"

=

"deep north country"  :illumilana:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

9 minutes ago, leomaks said:

Hi!!!:wave2: This is my first post here and im a little bit stressed but I stalk this thread since December and im excited to talk about Ocean Blvd with you!

Welcome.

Just now, Blue Ribbon said:
  Hide contents

dnc = sweet

why?

"in the sweet north country"

=

"deep north country"  :illumilana:

You could be right…still just guessing though. But we do know she changed many song titles 👀

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Waist Deep was made up by fans it’s not in any song, DNC is not on this album according to insiders and they don’t know what it is or a reference too. So the mystery goes on.

Waist deep wasn’t made up by fans. It was an Instagram caption on a post she made in honeymoon from the W Magazine shoot. “Waist Deep In Icy Waves” 

faSE.gif

Just now, Three White Butterflies said:

Waist deep wasn’t made up by fans. It’s was an Instagram caption on a post she made in honeymoon from the W Magazine shoot. “Waist Deep In Icy Waves” 

You’re right, but they made it up in terms of ‘it’s a song title’ not everything she captions is a song title lol

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I love that movie.

It's fantasic, isn't it? I have it on DVD and watch it and rewatch it. Our fellow member uses Nin's photo with her head in the birdcage as their profile photo. 

3 hours ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

i haven't listened any leaks, but im curious about your thoughts. Can this album be really her top 3 considering the leaked songs? :hooker:

oh absolutely. my top 3 is now HM, UV, and DYK. i don’t know if HM can ever be topped, but UV has a chance to be topped by DYK; we’ll see when the full album is out. either way i think it’ll be in a lot of people’s top 3 if not top 5

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

oh absolutely. my top 3 is now HM, UV, and DYK. i don’t know if HM can ever be topped, but UV has a chance to be topped by DYK; we’ll see when the full album is out. either way i think it’ll be in a lot of people’s top 3 if not top 5

taste :true:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

9 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

when's it gonna be MY turn :lange:

I dunno how y’all can rank an album you’ve heard at most 5 of 16 songs in full. :um2:

I have (extremely) high hopes for this album but I can’t rank something until I’ve heard it through multiple times and had time to “live” with it for awhile. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I dunno how y’all can rank an album you’ve heard at most 5 of 16 songs in full. :um2:

I have (extremely) high hopes for this album but I can’t rank something until I’ve heard it through multiple times and had time to “live” with it for awhile. 

this is the first time in a while that im listening to songs for the first time by her and i really like it. couldnt say the same about BB COCC :bebe:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

I've only listened to 3 leaks in full (sweet, fingertips, and the grants), so that means I've only heard 5 songs out of the 16 that we're getting
so 11 brand new songs is still a win imo

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Spoiler

I'm wondering whether the 'north country' line in 'Sweet' wasn't perhaps inspired by the traditional British folk song, 'A North Country Maid,' also known as 'The Oak and the Ash.' In the 60s, it was covered by several folk artists and folk groups, including the Watersons, who were highly regarded by purists.

Marianne Faithfull recorded a beautiful version in 1965-1966, and her label also released an album with the same title, but only in the United States. Check Faithfull's version out. It's wonderful. Her voice was beautiful and archetypal then.