Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

56 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:
  Hide contents

i think it has to do with whatever mental diagnosis she has that she’s prescribed medication for. some women cannot have or are advised against having children because getting pregnant would mean getting off of their medication which would be detrimental to their health. selena gomez said a couple months ago that she doesn’t know if she’ll ever have children because of her bipolar disorder. lana hasn’t said what it is she suffers from, but she has mentioned lithium which is used as a treatment for boderline personality disorder (or some other mood disorders).

lithium is also used for bipolar! 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

So far, this album really seems to have two sides to it: 

- reflecting on heavy trauma;

- some boppish songs lighter in tone. 
I haven’t heard anything apart from the two singles but read many of the spoiler tags, and God does she seem to process A LOT on the tracks that leaked. :crying5:

23 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

lithium is also used for bipolar! 

Spoiler

ik, i mentioned other mood disorders as well. i have a higher suspicion of bpd though based on her intense dating pattens as well as her expression of trauma stemming from her childhood

48 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Tell me I'm not delusional for not losing my hopes on album trailer and MVs :prettyhurts:

You are not delusional for not los-PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, sorry, I couldn’t finish 😂

52 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:
  Hide contents

ik, i mentioned other mood disorders as well. i have a higher suspicion of bpd though based on her intense dating pattens as well as her expression of trauma stemming from her childhood

I've always secretly wondered what people thought about this, or if there was a general consensus, but it's obviously taboo to speculate, I guess, even as fans...

34 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

i have a random question: are there really tulsa jesus freak vibes? i love that song so so much 

Spoiler

Fishtail has an autotune and beats, so I think it's the most similar one.

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:
  Hide contents

I agree that Grandfather would be a great pick for a 3rd single (despite not hearing the album in full), but A&W was clearly an inspired choice, and Ocean Blvd is clearly a very important song to her. It's the title track, it's the song she's built the album around, and it's definitely her way of sending a message to Sean. So I think it's just where she's at. It's certainly another very understated, underrated lead single from her, though.

Very well said! I guess I just wish she didn't release understated songs so often. Because a lotta people who used to listen to her are like "oh she's so boring/depressing now." But then you hear the album(s) and go "omg, Wild at Heart" or "Grandfather" and you're like, "why aren't these not singles??"

Spoiler

"Will I die or will I get to that 10 mark where I beat the extinction of telomeres?

& if I do, will you be there with me- father, sister, brother

Charlie stop smoking, Caroline will you be with me? Will the baby be alright?

Will I have one of mine? Can I handle it even if I do?

They said that my mind, it's not fit or so they said, to carry a child- I guess I'll be fine.

It wasn't my idea the cocktail of things that twist neurons inside but without them I'd die"

not to b dramatic but....................I'm never gonna get over this in my entire lifetime 

:crying4: :crying4: :crying4:

19 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Very well said! I guess I just wish she didn't release understated songs so often. Because a lotta people who used to listen to her are like "oh she's so boring/depressing now." But then you hear the album(s) and go "omg, Wild at Heart" or "Grandfather" and you're like, "why aren't these not singles??"

I totally get where you're coming from! I hate that critique of her music, too. Maybe she'll release Taco Truck or Peppers or Grandfather sometime this era and surprise them!

16 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I totally get where you're coming from! I hate that critique of her music, too. Maybe she'll release Taco Truck or Peppers or Grandfather sometime this era and surprise them!

In that Eillish interview, she mentioned the "biggest shoot she's ever been on". I have a sneaky suspicion that Interscope has put some money into an MV for a track that's a banger. Maybe it's for Peppers or one of the other tracks. But, knowing Lana, she could also spend a million dollars on Sweet just because she personally likes the melody.  

Either way, the last LDR video with a 100 million views was Doin' Time. They must have realized MVs for ballads just don't work nowadays. At least, I hope they did. Hopefully, Lana gives us one smoking hot video this year. My guess: March 24th to really announce the album with a bang. And she'll post it on that Ocean Blvd account. You heard it here first!

7 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

i haven't listened any leaks, but im curious about your thoughts. Can this album be really her top 3 considering the leaked songs? :hooker:

Not as good as BTD/UV but it can be on par with the other stuff