Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

It's going to be so weird listening to Grandfather untagged and not hearing Rosemead exclusive baby with how many times I've listened :bebe:

Spoiler

Same... I'll have to make a Ocean Blvd. (Rosemead Alt. Version) (PG Mix) when the album is released :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

People definitely have the physical album at this point in time. It's just a matter of days until someone stops torturing us. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's going to be so weird listening to Grandfather untagged and not hearing Rosemead exclusive baby with how many times I've listened :bebe:

Spoiler

Actually rosemead exclusive baby is part of the song :clapback: her vision is outstanding…….

Spoiler

"I give myself 2 seconds to cry

let it crash over me like the waves in the sea

call me Aphrodite as they bow down to me

sunbather, moon chaser

Queen of Empathy

I give myself 2 seconds to breathe

& go back to being a Serene Queen

I just needed 2 seconds to be me"

sounds like

e2f383b2282e62294f4f91b758bc91b8.jpg a5a07306e7eb1bb480c64df88a78d234.jpg 03bc985d2243333c8d9213eb96fe5bd6.jpg 

Well I just got a notification from assai records to say they’ve shipped my order, fairly certain it’s a misunderstanding as the order was on for collection (for some reason), so I had to email them to say I needed it to be shipped and then I paid the shipping fee

though it would be hilarious if this mix up caused them to just ship the record now :godlaugh:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:
  Hide contents

i have a whole story in my head just from those few lines… that’s just how powerful the song is 😭 like every single lyric brings so many narratives and themes in my mind 

when i hear the part about aaron green i imagine lana as a young girl who just wants to have fun, go out, enjoy simple things (like making drinks for guys in a bar for a summer job type of thing, idk) and hang with guys (ride monologue reference…). she has this crush on aaron and her mom, conservative and annoying, just keeps her away from all this freedom, perhaps insinuating how she will die young if she keeps chasing a certain lifestyle. then it turns out that this guy actually dies, which makes the whole thing even more painful, while her mother doesn’t really care about the emotional impact of this. she only uses this as a “told you so” kind of moment to prove her point that she will just end up in institutions if she keeps getting attached to guys like him etc.

this is just one of the interpretations that come to my mind of course, i’m not saying this is how things went. but i also have a difficult relationship with my parents so i imagine lana might have had to deal with her mom’s insensitivity towards her in a similar way perhaps 

hopefully for her there was not THIS MUCH drama, cause that really sucks…… but again, the way she references their relationship always sounds very tense so…

Spoiler

wanted to add smth. this feeling she’s expressing is so fucking powerful and unheard of in music nowadays (at least in my experience).

when you are a kid you are subject to your parents’ influence so much, and this is often taken for granted but the way people are raised has an enormous impact. i really relate to the idea of having specific wishes and inclinations that would normally make one seem like a misfit. and when it’s your parents who encourage this feeling of not belonging, that really is heavy.

then you grow up and you realize all these things, that you felt wrong bc of how your “”””being wrong”””” was handled by your family and not necessarily as an objective trait. THANK YOU lana for putting this into a song. i started looking back to my childhood and my parents’ actions and principles since blue banisters came out, that opened up a whole new journey of introspection for me since lana mentioned the whole karmic lineage thing. 

and i love that she is going even deeper now. 

she is really telling how she just innocently wanted to live some kind of life and couldn’t. now she is in a better and more mature place and is able to comprehend how her mom (or whoever else) played a role in this. the line “what the fuck’s wrong in your head…” is so powerful to me bc of this. there is no bigger rage than telling your parents how fucked up they were for making some choices that you could not even remotely oppose to. but when you grow up you can actually have a confrontation and say “you really fucked up for this”

again, this is just how i relate some of the lyrics to my life. not saying she’s implying all this!

7 minutes ago, LetTheLightln said:
  Hide contents

i cry every damn time i listen to fingertips :rollin:i need therapy bc of this song

Spoiler

that’s so funny, to me the song just literally feels like free therapy lmao 

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:
  Hide contents

wanted to add smth. this feeling she’s expressing is so fucking powerful and unheard of in music nowadays (at least in my experience).

when you are a kid you are subject to your parents’ influence so much, and this is often taken for granted but the way people are raised has an enormous impact. i really relate to the idea of having specific wishes and inclinations that would normally make one seem like a misfit. and when it’s your parents who encourage this feeling of not belonging, that really is heavy.

then you grow up and you realize all these things, that you felt wrong bc of how your “”””being wrong”””” was handled by your family and not necessarily as an objective trait. THANK YOU lana for putting this into a song. i started looking back to my childhood and my parents’ actions and principles since blue banisters came out, that opened up a whole new journey of introspection for me since lana mentioned the whole karmic lineage thing. 

and i love that she is going even deeper now. 

she is really telling how she just innocently wanted to live some kind of life and couldn’t. now she is in a better and more mature place and is able to comprehend how her mom (or whoever else) played a role in this. the line “what the fuck’s wrong in your head…” is so powerful to me bc of this. there is no bigger rage than telling your parents how fucked up they were for making some choices that you could not even remotely oppose to. but when you grow up you can actually have a confrontation and say “you really fucked up for this”

again, this is just how i relate some of the lyrics to my life. not saying she’s implying all this!

I have to hand off my title of #1 Little Fingertipster to @Atlantis. I love how much you love this song!! (and will continue to eat up everything you say about it):oprah:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

People definitely have the physical album at this point in time. It's just a matter of days until someone stops torturing us. 

I hope this torture end by Friday, we’ll be exactly 2 weeks away from release date - so it’s safe to leak and won’t do any harm to the charts and sells 

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

7 minutes ago, Not as cool as me said:

Well I just got a notification from assai records to say they’ve shipped my order, fairly certain it’s a misunderstanding as the order was on for collection (for some reason), so I had to email them to say I needed it to be shipped and then I paid the shipping fee

though it would be hilarious if this mix up caused them to just ship the record now :godlaugh:

Well, you know what to do :true:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

7 minutes ago, Not as cool as me said:

Gurl if you receive it… well, you know what to do :) 

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Just now, Fingertips said:

I have to hand off my title of #1 Little Fingertipster to @Atlantis. I love how much you love this song!! (and will continue to eat up everything you say about it):oprah:

Spoiler

awww thank you sm!! it’s funny cause i’ve been lurking on this forum for years and rarely left a comment. but this song…… i just feel the need to sit in a whole summit with all the lipsters to discus every single syllable she enunciates. i could write a whole essay about it, thank god we got it earlier than the whole album cause my brain would probably collapse with all the new songs all at once. this one by itself feels like a whole 40 track album 

2 minutes ago, living legend said:

I MISS WHEN WE WOULD GET ALBUM TRAILERS !!!

like that was quintessential Lana to me 

cries

Just imagining a trailer for this album with the title track, A&W, grandfather, and peppers :bebe:

15 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

"I give myself 2 seconds to cry

let it crash over me like the waves in the sea

call me Aphrodite as they bow down to me

sunbather, moon chaser

Queen of Empathy

I give myself 2 seconds to breathe

& go back to being a Serene Queen

I just needed 2 seconds to be me"

sounds like

e2f383b2282e62294f4f91b758bc91b8.jpg a5a07306e7eb1bb480c64df88a78d234.jpg 03bc985d2243333c8d9213eb96fe5bd6.jpg 

Emotional damage  :trisha:

giphy.gif