Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I'm not bothering listening to tagged files and snippets but I'm still keeping up with the thread :poordat:

Spoiler

Anyway Fingertips is incredible. It's the only song I know off by heart already (from the leaks). I can't move past it to really let The Grants or Sweet grow on me but they definitely will

None of these songs aged no matter how many times i listen to them :lange: This album sounds TIMELESS ALREADY

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

My boyfriend is acting like a dick and it’s making me really angry. Who wants to leak grandfather untagged so i can feel some peace within

:agree:

see the thing is i would love to leak the entire album and be the Lanaboards Robin Hood, unfortunately, i don't have the album:sadcore6:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

20 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I'm not bothering listening to tagged files and snippets but I'm still keeping up with the thread :poordat:

Hide contents

Anyway Fingertips is incredible. It's the only song I know off by heart already (from the leaks). I can't move past it to really let The Grants or Sweet grow on me but they definitely will

Spoiler

i agree, i love fingertips. and sweet has been growing on me. all day the lyrics have been playing in my head

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

see the thing is i would love to leak the entire album and be the Lanaboards Robin Hood, unfortunately, i don't have the album:sadcore6:

Can you tell my bf at least to stop acting like a bitch and following random hoes on ig thanks

:godlaugh2:

2 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Can you tell my bf at least to stop acting like a bitch and following random hoes on ig thanks

:godlaugh2:

:paris:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

the way every song on Side A has her asking some profound questions:oprah: this album is so introspective & I'm loving it

The Grants: Do you think about Heaven? Do you think about me?

You say there's a chance for us- should I do a dance for once?

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? (:toofunny:)

When's it gonna be my turn?

Sweet: What you doing with your life, do you think about it? Do you contemplate where we came from?

Do you want children? Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in long beach by the sea?

I've got things to do like nothing at all- I wanna do them with you, do you wanna do them with me?

A&W: Do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?

If I told you that I was raped do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it? 

Vulture named A&W one of the best songs of 2023 so far

“A&W,” Lana Del Rey

The first half of “A&W” is Lana Del Rey at her purest: a chronicler of dark Americana, eight albums distilled. The singer-songwriter goes inside the mind of a sex-addled California girl, murmuring and mumbling in the sweet spot of ’70s soft pop she’s found since working with super producer Jack Antonoff. A line like “This is the experience of being an American whore” could veer toward caricature if Del Rey weren’t as committed as she is here. “A&W” then takes an unpredictable turn: The bass begins to wobble, the drums kick in, and before you know it, she’s flipped “Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko-Bop” into a rap about a manipulative man named Jimmy. She’s closer to self-parody at this point, but as Del Rey — and the character she’s singing about — knows, there’s no excitement without a little risk.

which song should i choose to be my personal illegal promotional single on the 10th? i already know we ain't getting shit so i'll give myself a little treat and listen to one leak :oop: 

16 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Yeah like if I were an insider I’d have no control, I’d be leaking new songs everyday lol 

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the way every song on Side A has her asking some profound questions:oprah: this album is so introspective & I'm loving it

The Grants: Do you think about Heaven? Do you think about me?

You say there's a chance for us- should I do a dance for once?

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? (:toofunny:)

When's it gonna be my turn?

Sweet: What you doing with your life, do you think about it? Do you contemplate where we came from?

Do you want children? Do you wanna marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in long beach by the sea?

I've got things to do like nothing at all- I wanna do them with you, do you wanna do them with me?

A&W: Do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?

If I told you that I was raped do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it? 

Spoiler

I also had this same thought, it ties in so good to the album title, and gives it a bigger sense of cohesiveness. Also from A&W: “Did you know a singer can still be looking like a side piece at 33?”

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

“A&W,” Lana Del Rey

The first half of “A&W” is Lana Del Rey at her purest: a chronicler of dark Americana, eight albums distilled. The singer-songwriter goes inside the mind of a sex-addled California girl, murmuring and mumbling in the sweet spot of ’70s soft pop she’s found since working with super producer Jack Antonoff. A line like “This is the experience of being an American whore” could veer toward caricature if Del Rey weren’t as committed as she is here. “A&W” then takes an unpredictable turn: The bass begins to wobble, the drums kick in, and before you know it, she’s flipped “Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko-Bop” into a rap about a manipulative man named Jimmy. She’s closer to self-parody at this point, but as Del Rey — and the character she’s singing about — knows, there’s no excitement without a little risk.

the acclaim is nice but this write up is so low effort like you could replace the song title and lyric mentions with any other song and i guarantee you i could find like 6 other paragraphs that say the exact same thing. 

journalists write a review about lana music without mentioning americana, caricature, self-parody challenge - IMPOSSIBLE EDITION.

Just now, lanasbottom said:

not her performing at multiple festivals this summer (an absolute win hello??) and some are complaining :eartha2:

like....

she hasnt performed in like literally 5 years at this point its probably best to slowly ease back into it then to announce a 75 date tour only for her to cancel 60 of them

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

the acclaim is nice but this write up is so low effort like you could replace the song title and lyric mentions with any other song and i guarantee you i could find like 6 other paragraphs that say the exact same thing. 

journalists write a review about lana music without mentioning americana, caricature, self-parody challenge - IMPOSSIBLE EDITION.

Lmao so true I thought the same :bebe: like if you're gonna give her the acclaim, why not take the time to properly give it :um2:

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

“A&W,” Lana Del Rey

some of yall be really wild calling A&W a "meh" song when it's a literal milestone in her career. pulling A&W after releasing 3 folky, full of ballads albums is the perfect definition of Lana and this particular era: idgaf, im gonna do what feels right and fun

THAT'S THE EXPERIENCE OF BEING AN
:candy: AMERICAN WHORE :candy: