Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 minutes ago, West Coast said:

When she released Honeymoon, but she sure hasn't released anything remotely close to those two albums since. We know.

Yeah, because they're that far ahead of them :oop2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, lilac heaven said:

Benji Lysaght! he’s played guitar on California, Thunder, and Black Bathing Suit, and then did some of the synths/sound effects on the Ocean Blvd title track, but I couldn’t find a producer credit for him anywhere so it looks like this will be his first time producing

Benji Lysaght! he’s played guitar on California, Thunder, and Black Bathing Suit, and then did some of the synths/sound effects on the Ocean Blvd title track, but I couldn’t find a producer credit for him anywhere so it looks like this will be his first time producing

I'm sure even it's his first, he produced and mastered the songs better than Jack:burn:

Oh wow, oh wow :wowcry:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It's just funny to me how some yall want her to grow as an artist, or make people accept the fact that she's growing as an artist when someone mentions preferring an earlier album to a new one--telling these fans to go cry about it, to shut up about their complaints or wear a diaper (?), but surely the irony of Lana stalling and making more or less the same wordy, at times unmelodic and understated tunes since NFR isn't lost on you, because that is real growth right? :popcorn:

I'm sure this album will feature career highlights, and as much as I enjoy this new song, none of yall can convince me that the new song isn't a carbon copy of what we've heard on the past three albums, instrumentally, melodically and lyrically with a slightly upgraded production.

When do we think that blurry photo from the studio (the one Charlie posted) was taken? I deleted my Instagram app and didn’t save the photo to analyze it:prettyhurts:

Do we think this was a TUOB session throwback or something more recent?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

I'm sure this album will feature career highlights, and as much as I enjoy this new song, none of yall can convince me that the new song isn't a carbon copy of what we've heard on the past three albums, instrumentally, melodically and lyrically with a slightly upgraded production.

i love the song and i think it's a major upgrade from the last 3 albums - but at the same time it sounds like an upgraded version OF the last 3 albums

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

It's just funny to me how some yall want her to grow as an artist, or make people accept the fact that she's growing as an artist when someone mentions preferring an earlier albums to a new one--telling these fans to go cry about it, to shut up about their complaints or wear a diaper (?), but surely the irony of Lana stalling and making more or less the same wordy, at times unmelodic and understated tunes since NFR isn't lost on you, because that is real growth right? :popcorn:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Love ya:legend:

7 minutes ago, The Dragonslayer said:

is there even anything new related to the album

8 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

this thread is hot but for what? :um2: plz someone give us real crumbs Im begging 

like really. stop posting in here because i come and there ain’t shit in here to see except people writing random shit!

I personally don't think the new track is a rehash of the past three albums. :oprah3:

The lyricism on the title track, while being most similar to the lyricism on Blue Banisters is still quite different from songs on that record too. More use of extended metaphor, less cliches, and a little bit more stream of consciousness in a way that has only really been explored in "Blue Banisters" and "Hope is a Dangerous Thing" (which both songs sound VERY different from each other). Sonically, I guess I could see how people would think she's just rehashing the sound from Norman onward, but I still don't fully agree with that because she creates a different world on every single album, and I can't imagine the title track fitting on any of them. That's the most important thing for me as a listener; her music might not be a complete reinvention every single album, but as long as I can still distinguish between each record and the world that she makes for them, I am more than satisfied. Norman has a beachy, soft rock aesthetic, Chemtrails has a folky, midwest vibe, Blue Banisters explored a more personal world of her home life, a world of stability and how her family and loved ones have shaped her career. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd, with what we know so far, seems to be more psychological, stream of consciousness, going beneath the surface of how her aesthetic sensibilities operate in a diaristic fashion. All of these ideas and aesthetics are unique to me, and I can't seem to wrap my head around the critique that she's "making the same album over and over again" except in a more personal, honest writing style as opposed to the storytelling approach of her earlier career. 

Nostalgia is normal--when albums like BTD and UV came out we were all younger, and maybe we miss that part of ourselves. I don't think it's unfair to want something similar. 

But I do think it's unfair to say Lana is re-hashing her past 3 albums over and over again. I don't see "Did You Know" as a song that could've been on NFR-COTCC-BB. I think her lyricism is obviously very different from when she was in her early 20s, and that's a good thing. She grew up with us, and even though most of us are quite a bit younger than her, we probably still relate to lots of her lyrics post-UV/LFL. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, Mer said:

Nostalgia is normal--when albums like BTD and UV came out we were all younger, and maybe we miss that part of ourselves. I don't think it's unfair to want something similar. 

But I do think it's unfair to say Lana is re-hashing her past 3 albums over and over again. I don't see "Did You Know" as a song that could've been on NFR-COTCC-BB. I think her lyricism is obviously very different from when she was in her early 20s, and that's a good thing. She grew up with us, and even though most of us are quite a bit younger than her, we probably still relate to lots of her lyrics post-UV/LFL. 

Period. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a return to that sound. It's the sense of entitlement when we are one of the luckiest fanbases out there, with over a hundred unreleased tracks & constant musical output that bothers me sometimes

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Period. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a return to that sound. It's the sense of entitlement when we are one of the luckiest fanbases out there, with over a hundred unreleased tracks & constant musical output that bothers me sometimes

Also she gave us a lot of tracks during the BTD era, even officially. It could be worse, we could be Lady Gaga fans missing the 8 track era of The Fame Monster lol 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don't think it's unfair to make such a statement to be frank. There are a lot of similarities between the new title track and songs like LMLYLAW and/or IYLDWM, also she re-used/re-purposed or extrapolated the opening line to NFR. It's not to say that the song is bad, I actually really enjoy the production and I think the third act/last part or outro is fantastic. But the resemblance with her three albums is definitely there if you listen closely. It sounds like a mix between a Jack song and a Blue Banisters song.

9 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I don't think it's unfair to make such a statement to be frank. There are a lot of similarities between the new title track and songs like LMLYLAW and/or IYLDWM, also she re-used/re-purposed or extrapolated the opening line to NFR. It's not to say that the song is bad, I actually really enjoy the production and I think the third act/last part or outro is fantastic. But the resemblance with her three albums is definitely there if you listen closely. It sounds like a mix between a Jack song and a Blue Banisters song.

Huh? I'm lost on this one. Fuck me to death? Love me until I love myself? How is that a re-use of "Goddamn man child, you fucked me so good, I almost said I love you"

The words love and fuck? 

There are plenty of motifs throughout Lana's entire career that are much more apparent. I think you're reaching here!