Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

don't forget the music is supposedly

ḇ̷̛͚̦̥̫̤̩̤̤͈̱̮͚͚̼̱̟ͯͬͯ̈̾̇ͧ̍̀̊ͥͣ̌͑̃ͦ̆̀͠ͅ ̸̢̢̢̝̤͈̹̗͚̺̰̱͌̔͛ͤ͂̔ͬͤ̂ͫ̓ͮ̌̊oͬ̋ͯ̿͌ͣ͋͋̃ͫ͛̌̄̿̔̓̆̿͏̡͖̗̙͉͈͔̻͘ ̴̷̬̜͓͇̪̪̒ͮ̑ͪͥ́̀͝ͅͅm̢̦̣̜͙̣͖͇̠̘͓͈̬̀͐ͮ̔ͤͩ̽͛̄̿̇̏͗͢͜͝͝ͅ ̨̧ͣ̑̌̽ͥ́̂͋ͤ̇̍̆ͪ̃̉ͪ̚͡͏̢̤̖̫̬̹̗̙̭̖̹͖̞̣̰̙b̸͔̥̟̘̱̦̭̺̟̗͍̜ͤ͛̅̉̌̂ͫ̎̎̈̓̈́͆́ͯ̆ͣͮ͠ ̧̤̹̺͎̌̆̊͐̌̅̀̆̊̀̀̆ͮ͊̇̆̾̚̚͜ȃ̡̛̹͈̹͕͓̫͕̞̱̤̅ͦ̅̎ͧ̏̏͛̇̂͒̆ͪ̃͝ ̵̢̤̭̖̦̩͓̲̥̳̫͍ͧ̃ͤ̋ͣͦͮ͞͠͞s̷̢̬̗̬͚̗̲̠̮̞̺̙̮̫̜͖̟͋́ͭ͆ͧ̓̿̚͝ͅͅ ̈̈́́͊҉̡̮̲͇̠̰̼͍̼̭͇͍̟͖̰̹̳͓̘̀͢͝ț̷̟͚̙̝̻̳̝͎̻̻̹̯͆ͫ̔ͪ̔͆̍͛̀̀ͭ̽̍ͧ̊ͬ̉̚͟͞͡ ̴̫͚̠̙̘̬͎͓̘͉͓̞̖̈́̏̌̄͐͂ͥ̎͊͒͋̍͘̕͢i͓̞̬͇͍͓̮̊͒̆͆̀͜͝ ̵̴̢̯̲̥͈̟͈̗̥̼͕̺͉̭̺͉̜̼͔ͭ̄ͨ̅͛́̄̊ͧ͒ͧͨ͋̈͒͑ͩ͠c̎̏ͬ̊ͯͬ̋̒̽͗ͧ̈́̂ͭ̀͆ͥ҉͖͍͔͈̬̳̻͇̼̰͍̰̘͎̼̫̫̪̝͞

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

the only song that Ocean Blvd really reminds me of is IYLDWM because both songs are in the same key and do have the same opening chord that is also played the exact same in both songs, but Ocean Blvd feels like an expansion of IYLDWM rather than a copy/paste or like there wasn’t any clear artistic growth between the songs

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Huh? I'm lost on this one. Fuck me to death? Love me until I love myself? How is that a re-use of "Goddamn man child, you fucked me so good, I almost said I love you"

The words love and fuck? 

Besides that, lyrical continuity and parallel imagery have always been cornerstone aspects of Lana’s writing. She—inadvertently or not—constructs a grander narrative between the records through her own self-referencing. 

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Huh? I'm lost on this one. Fuck me to death? Love me until I love myself? How is that a re-use of "Goddamn man child, you fucked me so good, I almost said I love you"

The words love and fuck? 

There are plenty of motifs throughout Lana's entire career that are much more apparent. I think you're reaching here!

Is it really a reach to say that both line explore a very similar theme/idea??? Bffr:derpna:

Chill.

Anyways what color do we think the vinyls are? I say neon orange :silly:

(i'm aware we already have the vinyls sshh)

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, the ocean said:

don't forget the music is supposedly

ḇ̷̛͚̦̥̫̤̩̤̤͈̱̮͚͚̼̱̟ͯͬͯ̈̾̇ͧ̍̀̊ͥͣ̌͑̃ͦ̆̀͠ͅ ̸̢̢̢̝̤͈̹̗͚̺̰̱͌̔͛ͤ͂̔ͬͤ̂ͫ̓ͮ̌̊oͬ̋ͯ̿͌ͣ͋͋̃ͫ͛̌̄̿̔̓̆̿͏̡͖̗̙͉͈͔̻͘ ̴̷̬̜͓͇̪̪̒ͮ̑ͪͥ́̀͝ͅͅm̢̦̣̜͙̣͖͇̠̘͓͈̬̀͐ͮ̔ͤͩ̽͛̄̿̇̏͗͢͜͝͝ͅ ̨̧ͣ̑̌̽ͥ́̂͋ͤ̇̍̆ͪ̃̉ͪ̚͡͏̢̤̖̫̬̹̗̙̭̖̹͖̞̣̰̙b̸͔̥̟̘̱̦̭̺̟̗͍̜ͤ͛̅̉̌̂ͫ̎̎̈̓̈́͆́ͯ̆ͣͮ͠ ̧̤̹̺͎̌̆̊͐̌̅̀̆̊̀̀̆ͮ͊̇̆̾̚̚͜ȃ̡̛̹͈̹͕͓̫͕̞̱̤̅ͦ̅̎ͧ̏̏͛̇̂͒̆ͪ̃͝ ̵̢̤̭̖̦̩͓̲̥̳̫͍ͧ̃ͤ̋ͣͦͮ͞͠͞s̷̢̬̗̬͚̗̲̠̮̞̺̙̮̫̜͖̟͋́ͭ͆ͧ̓̿̚͝ͅͅ ̈̈́́͊҉̡̮̲͇̠̰̼͍̼̭͇͍̟͖̰̹̳͓̘̀͢͝ț̷̟͚̙̝̻̳̝͎̻̻̹̯͆ͫ̔ͪ̔͆̍͛̀̀ͭ̽̍ͧ̊ͬ̉̚͟͞͡ ̴̫͚̠̙̘̬͎͓̘͉͓̞̖̈́̏̌̄͐͂ͥ̎͊͒͋̍͘̕͢i͓̞̬͇͍͓̮̊͒̆͆̀͜͝ ̵̴̢̯̲̥͈̟͈̗̥̼͕̺͉̭̺͉̜̼͔ͭ̄ͨ̅͛́̄̊ͧ͒ͧͨ͋̈͒͑ͩ͠c̎̏ͬ̊ͯͬ̋̒̽͗ͧ̈́̂ͭ̀͆ͥ҉͖͍͔͈̬̳̻͇̼̰͍̰̘͎̼̫̫̪̝͞

I was actually  wondering about this this last night. 

If the work on TUOB is all recent, I’m wondering if the “bombastic” tracks are included…or if they came from the same sessions as the Norman and COCC tracks.

His wording from that interview confused me a bit. If anyone has any insight on the recording timelines, maybe that will give us a clue:brows: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Is it really a reach to say that both line explore a very similar theme/idea??? :derpna:

Chill.

i'm still lost. how is wanting to be loved externally to find love internally the same as the dick being so good you almost told them you love them? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Is it really a reach to say that both line explore a very similar theme/idea??? Bffr:derpna:

Chill.

It's not a stretch, but it's also not in your face obvious as "I just ride," "candle in the wind," "Blue," "I love you," nor is it exploring a very similar theme or idea; it's actually the complete opposite in meaning from Norman? and exactly what @Mer said

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

20 minutes ago, Mer said:

Nostalgia is normal--when albums like BTD and UV came out we were all younger, and maybe we miss that part of ourselves. I don't think it's unfair to want something similar. 

But I do think it's unfair to say Lana is re-hashing her past 3 albums over and over again. I don't see "Did You Know" as a song that could've been on NFR-COTCC-BB. I think her lyricism is obviously very different from when she was in her early 20s, and that's a good thing. She grew up with us, and even though most of us are quite a bit younger than her, we probably still relate to lots of her lyrics post-UV/LFL. 

This is very well written.

As a boy who expirienced Lana back in 2012 I was growing up with her music and she was with me in good and bad times. For someone who discovered her past 2017 it might be hard to understand the impact of BTD and UV or even HM. As for me it was definitely the whole 'classic' Lana time. i couldn't realy relate to anything past HM but still I'm glad she's going further and further.

So I don't get the hate towards her that she stopped working like guys, she is the Artist of the decade FOR A REASON. Let her work and breath bc this girl won't stop surprise us and blessing with music.

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

It's not a stretch, but it's also not in your face obvious as "I just ride," "candle in the wind," "Blue," "I love you," nor is it exploring a very similar theme or idea; it's actually the complete opposite in meaning from Norman? 

1 minute ago, Mer said:

i'm still lost. how is wanting to be loved externally to find love internally the same as the dick being so good you almost told them you love them? 

I still stand by what I said, I think it's in the same vein.

Agree to disagree, you can interpret the lyrics as you wish and give meaning to a song, lyric, idea. To me both lyrics convey a similar energy and "shock" factor. :)

1 minute ago, bluedealer said:

As a boy who expirienced Lana back in 2012 I was growing up with her music and she was with me in good and bad times. For someone who discovered her past 2017 it might be hard to understand the impact of BTD and UV or even HM. As for me it was definitely the whole 'classic' Lana time. i couldn't realy relate to anything past HM but still I'm glad she's going further and further.

So I don't get the hate towards her that she stopped working like guys, she is the Artist of the decade FOR A REASON. Let her work and breath bc this girl won't stop surprise us and blessing with music.

I was 12 when I first started listening to BTD, and it's funny that if I had been 10 years older, I would have seen and interpreted the album completely differently. Obviously a 12-14 year old can only relate so much to lines like "you love your candy/and your women" and "come take a walk on the wild side," so in my opinion, a lot of what we are nostalgic for really has more to do with our own interpretations than it does to solely her lyricism. 

Just now, salvatorelovesyou said:

I hope The Grants is at least 5/6 minutes, I love long opening songs. :gclap:

If one side of a Vinyl holds up to 22 minutes, with A&W being over 7, title track 4:45, I think it's possible that it will be over 5 minutes if Sweet is indeed a shorter track

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

If one side of a Vinyl holds up to 22 minutes, with A&W being over 7, title track 4:45, I think it's possible that it will be over 5 minutes if Sweet is indeed a shorter track

I love Lipsters who are good at maths. 

when the grants is 20 minutes and the other songs are 1 minute or 30 seconds omggg

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think Sweet will have 2 minutes, almost 3.

Just now, salvatorelovesyou said:

I think Sweet will have 2 minutes, almost 3.

A sweet and sultry bop incoming.

5 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

I hope The Grants is at least 5/6 minutes, I love long opening songs. :gclap:

I’m really interested to see why (iirc) BoZ had such positive remarks about this track. Didn’t he also say that he wished the album would have been titled The Grants, or was that someone else?

Maybe unrealistic but I like the idea of it being almost sonically divided (while still maintaining cohesion) to represent the different people in her family as the song progresses. I’m imagining this quirky flow of production elements that all come together to make something full and pretty. We’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

Btw the best example of this situation is the new style of Arctic Monkeys.

I loved AM and that angry noises like for real UV, AM and the nbhd Wiped out was such a thing back in 2015. 

But now their new album is really more mature and different than what everyone was expecting from them. And at first I was like oh bring back tumblr days but as a 24yo now I feel like the time has changed. 

Guys let's be more open minded and deal with the fact that we, and our beloved artists are getting older and it's beautiful somehow :)

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m really interested to see why (iirc) BoZ had such positive remarks about this track. Didn’t he also say that he wished the album would have been titled The Grants, or was that someone else?

Maybe unrealistic but I like the idea of it being almost sonically divided (while still maintaining cohesion) to represent the different people in her family as the song progresses. I’m imagining this quirky flow of production elements that all come together to make something full and pretty. We’ll see!

I think he said that he wishes there was an album trailer with The Grants in the background because it's gorgeous and cinematic