Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, For K said:

Listening to dragonslayer from 2013 in the year 2022 is different than someone listening to a possible upcoming song leak from DYKTTATUOB. I truly don't want to be rude, dismissive, or mean. I do get that are some fans who would whole-heartedly listen to a leaked upcoming album but there are many of us who want to experience it in real time as Lana intended. 

right like theres a difference between listening to a previous version of some track off aka than listening to something off DYKTTATUOB

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Old music…that will probably never come out…some unreleased music came with Blue Banisters but that was a weird thing where she had to quickly turn out an album and a solution presented itself

But didn't she say that it wasn't good for her old stuff to leak either? He said it was difficult to convince management to put some on future records. It seems that she had to talk a lot to have BB as it is today.

6 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I don't[ understand it because everyone here listens to her leaks anyway.

re leaks of songs to-be-released: i think an "early leak" like we're talking about in this scenario is different – most of her albums leak about a week before the release date. if ocean blvd leaks weeks or months before that would be very abnormal and imo a completely different situation to something leaking a few days before the album is actually released

plus i don't want it to leak because people will want to listen to it... it's way easier for people to not leak it at all than for her fans who love her and her music to not listen to something, in all honesty it's tempting to do for a lot of people and in an ideal world it won't even be an option

and leaks of old material are a whole different topic (that i don't think we should start discussing in this thread)– but i will add that lana knows they're out there and she has in the past asked for certain songs to not be listened to/spread and for the most part people listen to that.

sUcVobB.png

Listening to dragonslayer from 2013 in the year 2022 is different than someone listening to a possible upcoming song leak from DYKTTATUOB. I truly don't want to be rude, dismissive, or mean. I do get that are some fans who would whole-heartedly listen to a leaked upcoming album but there are many of us who want to experience it in real time as Lana intended. 

I'm definitely one of the fans who would listen to it, though I do respect and understand why others wouldn't wanna do that. I also wouldn't spread links around even if I got them.

giphy.gif

Just now, terrenceszyou said:

But didn't she say that it wasn't good for her old stuff to leak either? He said it was difficult to convince management to put some on future records. It seems that she had to talk a lot to have BB as it is today.

I believe the story is Barrie came to her and asked to use Riverside so she asked to use old songs they produced together in exchange. Idk when she said something about convincing management, idk if she would even have to given she has complete creative control 

Just now, baddisease said:

I'm definitely one of the fans who would listen to it, though I do respect and understand why others wouldn't wanna do that. I also wouldn't spread links around even if I got them.

I can respect the honesty and I do appreciate that you wouldn't actively spread them :true: I will say though that I would personally like to wait for any songs to be listened to on March 10th. And I personally feel like a LOT of us are only asking for a possible tracklist and general vibe of certain songs so we don't want actual song files but just a general idea of what we can expect from the album. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

1 minute ago, Blossom said:

Lana rly just needs to release a new single now and another mid/late feb to tide everyone over so it doesn't come to this. Also can she pls say anything lol?? girl just announced her album, released and song, and then ghosted us.

no no everytime she starts talking about albums and release dates and plans they end up being postponed/disappearing into the ether (RCS, the american standards album, the country album, WHF, etc). I'm actually glad that she's leaving us in the dark about most of it this time. God knows its better than the NFR! pre-release. 

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

I can respect the honesty and I do appreciate that you wouldn't actively spread them :true: I will say though that I would personally like to wait for any songs to be listened to on March 10th. And I personally feel like a LOT of us are only asking for a possible tracklist and general vibe of certain songs so we don't want actual song files but just a general idea of what we can expect from the album. 

ngl: I'm not listening to any of the singles until the album comes, leaked or not. I want this release to be mysterious. with every other release, I listened to singles and snippets on repeat. I wanna know what would be different if I listened to it as one cohesive whole.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I believe the story is Barrie came to her and asked to use Riverside so she asked to use old songs they produced together in exchange. Idk when she said something about convincing management, idk if she would even have to given she has complete creative control 

If I'm not mistaken, she said on that live that she imitated the song One for the moneeey. She said "don't leak my songs, it's hard to convince the record company to release them later" and laughed.

But Barrie's story is also true. But, I believe she's talking specifically about If You Lie Down, which wasn't leaked but was from that era.

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

the Barrie part is true but labels are extremely harsh on artists when it comes to tracklisting lol. specially on lana after how COCC went down sales-wise. ofc other artists like Taylor dont have to push for songs to be on tracklists cause she gets almost full control over what goes into an album and what doesn't (now after the success of her previous records) but even Taylor back in the Red era had to fight for songs to get released. some songs on Red TV From The Vault were songs she intended to release while making the album but had to scrap ultimately due to her label not considering said songs good enough to give the album high number sales (Babe if im not wrong)

Just now, baddisease said:

ngl: I'm not listening to any of the singles until the album comes, leaked or not. I want this release to be mysterious. with every other release, I listened to singles and snippets on repeat. I wanna know what would be different if I listened to it as one cohesive whole.

Wait... have you not heard the title track single? Because I'd honestly be curious of your opinion hearing the whole album in march if you haven't tbh.... 

last.fm

also i dont know why people are complaining that its going to be dry? The past 3-4 days, every time I go on LB I have to scroll back like 50 pages on this thread just to catch up on all the supposed insider info. Ik im kinda new to the whole LB thing but I've never seen so many insiders posting about the same thing at the same time before...like its wild

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

Just now, honeybadger said:

maybe she'll sample the laugh sounds in salvatore and rick isn't credited because he doesn't need to be :nails: would be iconic i could see it on a track like the pastor interlude maybe

What I would give for Lana to make the pastor cry for the first few seconds just like in Salvatore :ma:

last.fm

Wait... have you not heard the title track single? Because I'd honestly be curious of your opinion hearing the whole album in march if you haven't tbh.... 

I've never heard it. I might to a post or blog or w/e here about experiencing the whole album at once.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, For K said:

In other words, we just want subjects. :creep:

1 minute ago, terrenceszyou said:

In other words, we just want subjects. :creep:

I do dabble in some experimentation here and there :bored:

last.fm

I personally won't be listening to the leaks this time around, but I will listen to more singles if she chooses to release any more. This record seems really special and deserves a listen on midnight March 10th

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.