Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

if anyone’s not completely familiar with time signatures it’s just how many beats are in a measure; like Shades of Cool is in 3/4 so you tap your foot 3 times to match the beat, Born to Die is in 4/4 so you tap your foot 4 times to match the beat. imagine trying to tap your foot 5 or 7 times and think of a melody that still sounds good rhythmically lol

Drew is very hit or miss for me so far. Don't love his work with Lana, don't hate it either

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, lilac heaven said:

if anyone’s not completely familiar with time signatures it’s just how many beats are in a measure; like Shades of Cool is in 3/4 so you tap your foot 3 times to match the beat, Born to Die is in 4/4 so you tap your foot 4 times to match the beat. imagine trying to tap your foot 5 or 7 times and think of a melody that still sounds good rhythmically lol

adding onto this:

basically the bottom number is what note/rest is considered one beat - so X/4 would mean a quarter note/rest is one beat, X/8 = one eighth note/rest is one beat, etc.

top number is how many beats are in a measure, so how many times you would tap your foot before it "resets"

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

BOZ recently dragged Erickson to filth for his production on Arcadia, so him stanning fingertips hard is the gag of the decade. 

Anyway, I am still trying to get used to that Grandpa deep frying title, lol. :tommy:

Am I the only one who really loves the production on Arcadia :defeated:

Edited by For K
I have no idea what I typed the first time around...

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

10 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes! Especially because of her story mentioning Ian Fitchuk, who isn’t credited on any Ocean Blvd songs. Of course, it could be production, but I doubt it, since it seems all the co-writers are typically producers for her too. 

Wait that’s such a good point:illumarina: 

I just looked at his credits/discography to get a hint at which direction she could be leaning toward, and it’s tough to tell! I saw plenty of country, but there’s quite a bit of traditional pop and singer-songwriter works as well!

Maybe hearing the entirety of of TUOB will give us a clue:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I like Drew so far. I think his work with Lana has a lot of potential. I mean Blue Banisters was finished in about 3-4 months. She normally spends about a year working on a album with producers so I have to give him some credit 

I'm sure Drew's work on this album will be much better. She loves Fingertips, and Sweet sounds like it will be great

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Sweet sounds like it will be great

jack and drew competing to see who can have the biggest snoozer on lana discography and they end up making the same song :lmaoney:

and also for giving me Margaret

i have (some) faith in drew ... i enjoy his work with lana (most of it) and if boz likes it but didn't like his tracks on BB then i feel like there's something better or different about them:nails:

we also only have the writing credits (i think!) so it's possible there are multiple producers on drew & lana songs – like there are more producers on ocean blvd than just mike hermosa – which would be different from BB. we'll have to see about that one though 

sUcVobB.png

12 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

It’s actually the opposite 💀 Lana told Annie Mac that she “really really wanted more from Jack” and said elsewhere that she encouraged Jack to go “wilder” with the production (which I guess certainly doesn’t help lessen the often unwarranted hate for Jack here lol) - but I guess it might have been difficult to be on the same page since they were apart as Chemtrails was being finalized during the early pandemic (Lana in LA and Jack in NY).

didn’t jack also do an interview where he said Lana told him to strip it back? Or am I misremembering? I think there was just miscommunication on their end 

I do find it kind of amusing that everyone went from liking Drew during BB to not liking him now. Personally I’ve never had a problem with their music and of all my complaints about BB, production isn’t one of them, but to each their own. Tunnel sounds incredible because we really got the best out of all the producers who worked on the song

"Don’t forget me"

drew’s work with lana so far is a hit or miss me for me. i do notttt like Beautiful and Violets for Roses, Sweet Carolina is okay, but Arcadia and IYLDWM are great. can’t say i was necessarily excited to hear that he was working on this album again but I don’t have bottom of the barrel expectations either, i still trust him to make something… dare i say… beautiful

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

didn’t jack also do an interview where he said Lana told him to strip it back? Or am I misremembering? I think there was just miscommunication on their end 

I do find it kind of amusing that everyone went from liking Drew during BB to not liking him now. Personally I’ve never had a problem with their music and of all my complaints about BB, production isn’t one of them, but to each their own. Tunnel sounds incredible because we really got the best out of all the producers who worked on the song

I remember him mentioning in an Instagram post for the release of Chemtrails that they kept stripping back the songs, so my guess is that Lana’s early vision for the album was a more lowkey sound - but with the events of 2020 leading up to the release, it seemed that she wanted to reflect her current psyche more by updating the production a bit - but because of COVID and them working remotely, I guess that didn’t translate and things were left as they were before Lana decided she wanted something different. 

I'm also hoping that we receive a transition as beautiful as the one between Freak and Art Deco on Honeymoon. The mixing on that album was just so ahead of its time. :flutter:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

8 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Imagine Lana was telling Jack to stop stripping it back but the Wi-Fi was cutting out so he didn’t hear the ‘stop’ part and stripped it back a little bit more instead.. yep that’s what happened I’ve decided. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat