Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I'm not too familiar with what's behind music, but has she ever experimented with time signatures before

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think that the chorus of BBS is in a different time signature than most of the song

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

she has! only recently though, specifically in Black Bathing Suit where the time signature changes from 4/4 in the verses to 3/4 in the prechorus, to 4/4 again in the chorus, it’s very uncommon for time signatures to change in the middle of contemporary songs lol. 5/4 and 7/4 are really odd time signatures to write music in and have to be rhythmically and melodically structured differently, the only recent examples of songs i can think that use them are Tolerate It and Closure by Taylor Swift (5/4) and Look at Me Now by Caroline Polachek (7/4)

Oh wow! Black Bathing Suit really is that song that is pointing us towards Ocean Blvd huh? I love when artists feel creatively free enough to start experimenting with structures and time signatures

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes! Especially because of her story mentioning Ian Fitchuk, who isn’t credited on any Ocean Blvd songs. Of course, it could be production, but I doubt it, since it seems all the co-writers are typically producers for her too. 

I forgot about this! Didn't Jack also post a pic from the studio on Christmas? 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

now let’s not pretend Drew Erickson is the mUsIcAl gEnIuS we think he is

THANK YOU! Someone said it… I do think Drew is ruining Lana’s music. Watercolor Eyes is a perfect example

1 minute ago, Writer In The Dark said:

He's not, but Lana is. :true:

drew and lana made beautiful and I think everybody featured on that track needs to be properly executed by the penal system :true:

and also for giving me Margaret

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes! Especially because of her story mentioning Ian Fitchuk, who isn’t credited on any Ocean Blvd songs. Of course, it could be production, but I doubt it, since it seems all the co-writers are typically producers for her too. 

“I hope you guys like country” true.gif

Just now, kaliuchis said:

drew and lana made beautiful and I think everybody featured on that track needs to be properly executed by the penal system :true:

the demo version of Beautiful is much better… the strings fit on the track but it’s still horrid eitherways :teehee:

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Charlie posted a photo of him and Lana at Conway Studios (where Jack usually works) on December 23rd, and Lana included a video from Conway Studios with Jack and Charlie in a photo dump on Christmas!

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

don't worry about it let's just drop it

@TheDollClub returning in a year's time to announce the EP to DYKTTATUOB

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

Yeah. Until the release of the album in March, she'll probably have written half of LDR10. :sass:

Anyway, if fingertips is as dense and wordy as Lana says and Erickson has somehow managed to make it work, then he should win every single Producer of the Year award next year. :true: And given that both Kintsugi and BOZ love it, I guess the Erickson haters will be in shambles next March. :nails:

4 minutes ago, Billie said:

THANK YOU! Someone said it… I do think Drew is ruining Lana’s music. Watercolor Eyes is a perfect example

ruining her music is a little too much lmao i'd say his music tends to sound pretty much the same. while for some that might be a good thing, i personally believe Jack and Rick's versatility suit Lana's music better, allowing her to experiment both sonically and lyrically

Just now, hotshot2am said:

Not people complaining about the Drew tracks before hearing them :eek: Fingertips is included in both BoZ's and Kintsugi's favorite part of the album.

Fingertips will be probably top 5, we’re just here for the Drew Erickson hate since he is the sole producer of B*autiful

also, remember that Lana said that she was recording voice notes (Fingertips) and Drew would create orchestral instrumentals for them, meaning the literal demos. the snippet we got of Fingertips is very misleading i think, the final version must be amazing

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Oh wow! Black Bathing Suit really is that song that is pointing us towards Ocean Blvd huh? I love when artists feel creatively free enough to start experimenting with structures and time signatures

if Fingertips is in 5/4 or 7/4 i have to give her and drew props because writing in those signatures is HARDDD, like very difficult and advanced lol

Just now, kaliuchis said:

Fingertips will be probably top 5, we’re just here for the Drew Erickson hate since he is the sole producer of B*autiful

I assume Beautiful didn't finish in time, BoZ said the string version was supposed to be the final version.