Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I feel like we know so much about the songs but so little at the same time :trisha:  like sure we are learning more titles and lengths and stuff but we hardly know what any of them sound like besides a few simple descriptions. Lowkey hope it stays this way, it will be so exciting to have 14 songs that we’ve heard nothing of :trisha: 

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Anyways, I think "Fingertips," "Candy Necklace," and "Grandfather, please stand over my father's shoulders while he deep sea fishes" will be my Ocean Blvd trifecta. :true:

What are you predicting from the tracks we know so far?

Grandfather, A&W and the Judah interlude will occupy my mind for a long time until I get hooked on others tracks, I believe.

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I feel like we know so much about the songs but so little at the same time :trisha:  like sure we are learning more titles and lengths and stuff but we hardly know what any of them sound like besides a few simple descriptions. Lowkey hope it stays this way, it will be so exciting to have 14 songs that we’ve heard nothing of :trisha: 

I'm blown away every time we say "14 tracks".

There are many tracks. Even more to the standard of albums nowadays.

Thanks lord.

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

And they're all so long, too, so they're going to shift and change and grow :lange:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, American Whore said:

do we know the tracklist now? where did grandpa or whatever come from?

We know parts of it. Grandfather title came from insider Kintsugi saying that track 11 is 👴🏼 emoji and it was already posted on Lanaboards yesterday. People connected the dots. Then this title was already uploaded to a music registry website with Fishtails title. Here’s a summary of what we know so far 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

The way I still expect BB 2.0 even after all that we know :thumb2:

Like I can't imagine Lana doing anything that different even if they told us it is indeed different and more diverse and I believe them (and I'm a BB stan by the way, I'm not hating on my baby).

For some reason my mind can't comprehend it :bebe: so I need a new single to really change my mentality :true:

giphy.gif

interscope needs to let this woman do a surprise digital drop like she wants to is2g… idk why but for some reason i feel like with how often lana releases music it actually makes 3 month long wait times harder, like i can wait double that if an artist hasn’t released in 3 or 4 years. but because lana takes such short amount of time between album cycles, at least for me, i always feel fed so the hype doesn’t really set in until new work is officially announced. and then it hits all at once 😭

1 minute ago, terrenceszyou said:

I'm blown away every time we say "14 tracks".

There are many tracks. Even more to the standard of albums nowadays.

Thanks lord.

right

we complain so much but like god we are the luckiest fan base :trisha: 

Just now, Fingertips said:

And they're all so long, too, so they're going to shift and change and grow :lange:

That’s why I kind of hope insider descriptions remain at a minimum from now on so we aren’t spoiled on exciting changes or sounds. 

as much as I want snippets I feel like I’ll try to hold off from hearing them just to keep the first listen that much more exciting because it’s literally been since like 2017 since we had an album with this many tracks that we hadn’t heard anything of before :bebe: 

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Like I can't imagine Lana doing anything that different even if they told us it is indeed different and more diverse and I believe them (and I'm a BB stan by the way, I'm not hating on my baby).

For some reason my mind can't comprehend it :bebe: so I need a new single to really change my mentality :true:

Kind of in the same boat, but for a different reason. Everything spilled about this album so far is what I expected in my head Blue Banisters to sound like after I heard the three singles and saw the album cover. :bebe:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

the blowing/breathing at the beginning of TUOB:oprah: really sets the tone perfectly imo

I cannot wait to hear "The Grants." I know there's going to be a sick transition that will make the beginning of TUBO clear :wowcry:

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

i’m still expecting BB like… 1.5. lana definitely seems to have found her comfort zone, found collaborators she works well with, etc. after LFL, i stopped anticipating drastic changes between album cycles like BTD-UV-HM, and the Tunnel title track proves that the sound isn’t doing a full 180 from BB at all. I don’t have a problem with a similar album to BB though, Ocean Blvd is already basically guaranteed to be better anyway so it can patch up all of the holes that BB lowkey left on this era of her career, saying that as nicely as possible. 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

the blowing/breathing at the beginning of TUOB:oprah: really sets the tone perfectly imo

Her tired voice when she says: Love me until I love myself :suicide:

I don't know if it's allowed, but I have this lyric video for the song:

9 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

it reminds me of ride except in ride she takes a breath in at the start of ride rather than in/out :oprah:

in ride, to me, it really builds a need for release & a sense of anticipation... ocean blvd on the other hand starts with this huge cathartic release, it's also filled with these little exhale-like sounds throughout the song (if i remember right). i think it works perfectly with the ideas of the song and the emotion of it because she's opening herself up after being closed off for so many years, saying exactly what she needs to say, letting all her intense feelings out into the world, so of course it starts with a huge breath in and out. it really is just perfect

also the fact that it ends with a sound that's sort of like a needle scratch/stylus being picked up off a record... obsessed i'm obsessed!!!!!!!

sUcVobB.png

10 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

interscope needs to let this woman do a surprise digital drop like she wants to is2g… idk why but for some reason i feel like with how often lana releases music it actually makes 3 month long wait times harder, like i can wait double that if an artist hasn’t released in 3 or 4 years. but because lana takes such short amount of time between album cycles, at least for me, i always feel fed so the hype doesn’t really set in until new work is officially announced. and then it hits all at once 😭

Yeah I really wish she had surprise released this or announced it like a month before the release date. The fact that she does nothing to promote it or keep the hype going makes it worse. Like the only time she has posted about this album other than the initial announcement was to shade her ex. 

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Yeah I really wish she had surprise released this or announced it like a month before the release date. The fact that she does nothing to promote it or keep the hype going makes it worse. Like the only time she has posted about this album other than the initial announcement was to shade her ex. 

Funny how the context of the billboard was a better promotion than the billboard. :die:

5 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

exactly and like, even if Interscope does want to wait to release until physicals are ready, I would’ve rather waited until February for the announcement 💀 Lana isn’t doing any crazy promo, everyone knows who she is, most of the fans who are going to buy the album already have at this point or are planning to buy in person on release day. even though 3 months from announcement to album is sooo standard it just feels unnecessary for lana at this point in her career. if not a digital drop, it would’ve been great for her to announce like album just 4 weeks before its release date like she did with NFR

57 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

which are the chances of her sampling DBJAG…

Okay I’ve been thinking the sample is going to be from NFR (the song). Kinda like a bookend to the NFR-TUOB era kinda how LFL bookends BTD. Anyway, DBJAG is kind of the sister track of NFR that uses the original melody iirc. So maybe the sample will tie them all together?