Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

22 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i’m curious… would y’all have rather the track list been announced at the same time as the album, meaning that by this point we would have drastically less to speculate about, or are you glad that we still don’t know it and have something we can always talk about until we do? i’m so desperate for these damn song titles but also the drought would kind of be worse if we already knew them and had them out of the way :smokes:

this has been the most chaotic, fun, and exciting Lana era in a long time for me even though absolutely nothing is happening so I don't care i'm just glad to be here :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It's funny that for the general public this era is non-existent aside from the title track, but for us it's a completely wild and unhinged mystery revealing itself each day :trisha:

Just now, DCooper said:

It's funny that for the general public this era is non-existent aside from the title track, but for us it's a completely wild and unhinged mystery revealing itself each day :trisha:

and this wild and unhinged energy is a reflection of the sound of the upcoming album being mirrored back at us by insiders :oprah4:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

21 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Did you or anothe Lipster archive the webpage before that?

no and not that it mattered. boz didn’t scrobble anything unknown but the other user did (french restaurant) and it leaked like a couple weeks later

1 hour ago, tulsaglory said:

WAH samples HTD and it remains top 3 on COCC so why not 

That’s fine because it’s her song she’s sampling, just curious on this record there are several it seems which are not even hers.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

Okay moving on... Let's discuss how good Fingertips will be!

When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.

Fingertips to me is looking like it’s going to be the snooze of the album with her lyrics tease.. however I’m actually super excited about the pastor interlude. I can’t wait to see how chaotic it’ll be. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, Fingertips said:

When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.

i still am so curious how she is going to make this work rhythmically 😭 like i think i have an idea for how she’ll sing “some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two” but have absolutely no idea about the rest

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

drop the link I can’t find it :blush3:

it’s very easy to find with a google search i’m not getting my first warning point today!

47 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the song is titled "edit (feat. tommy genesis)"

source: me

I actually belive you because I think she’s sampling the part of Hate Demon that says “they gon write about it like they was right about it”

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i still am so curious how she is going to make this work rhythmically 😭 like i think i have an idea for how she’ll sing “some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two” but have absolutely no idea about the rest

it’s very easy to find with a google search i’m not getting my first warning point today!

I'm giving Drew so many props for being able to turn those lyrics into a song

I'm giving Drew so many props for being able to turn those lyrics into a song

those weirdly timed lyrics make me wonder if the song is gonna be in a weird time signature like 5/4 or 7/4 or something, i just can’t imagine a way to make them work in standard 4/4 or 3/4 time

Just now, lilac heaven said:

those weirdly timed lyrics make me wonder if the song is gonna be in a weird time signature like 5/4 or 7/4 or something, i just can’t imagine a way to make them work in standard 4/4 or 3/4 time

I'm not too familiar with what's behind music, but has she ever experimented with time signatures before

…..:stareney2:

…..so do we think Lana’s already recorded a song for the next album (assuming there is one) like she typically does before the current record is released?

I can’t help but wonder if there’s a TUOB track that will point to where she’s headed next musically:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

…..so do we think Lana’s already recorded a song for the next album (assuming there is one) like she typically does before the current record is released?

I can’t help but wonder if there’s a TUOB track that will point to where she’s headed next musically:oprah3:

Yes! Especially because of her story mentioning Ian Fitchuk, who isn’t credited on any Ocean Blvd songs. Of course, it could be production, but I doubt it, since it seems all the co-writers are typically producers for her too. 

I'm not too familiar with what's behind music, but has she ever experimented with time signatures before

she has! only recently though, specifically in Black Bathing Suit where the time signature changes from 4/4 in the verses to 3/4 in the prechorus, to 4/4 again in the chorus, it’s very uncommon for time signatures to change in the middle of contemporary songs lol. 5/4 and 7/4 are really odd time signatures to write music in and have to be rhythmically and melodically structured differently, the only recent examples of songs i can think that use them are Tolerate It and Closure by Taylor Swift (5/4) and Look at Me Now by Caroline Polachek (7/4)

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Given this burst in creativity after Chemtrails and the fact that this album consists of only new songs, I would say that she probably has one or two songs in the vault that will shape her next album