Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, arianagrande said:

are there any tracklist / track name updates :biblio:

vQSUGYX_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Revisiting Past Moments Through the Lens of Something Foreign - Fishtails in my Hair Intertwine the Tears I Cried

GXZqyoP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Meditating Next to a Pool as I Wonder - Could a Guru's Wish have Ignited the Magnetism that Freed me?

Meze47I_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

When you dive in Headfirst spirits can Engulf you - For Warmth in Icy Waters, Just Breathe

1 hour ago, Jaeden xx said:

NEW SINGLE FROM DYK? Feet On the Verandah Whilst I Drink My Warm Coffee - The Gecko Made My Coffee  featuring. Daddy John Misty Out Monday

giphy-downsized-large.gif

i’m on LSD and i started crying over this gif really badly

on topic i claim american whore

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I went a few pages back and, I gotta say, I’m positively surprised to see so many people say they won’t listen if the album leaks early. I had the impression that everyone would listen to album leaks when I joined in 2017, glad to see the attitude has changed a little, even if it’s only for this time. :) 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

8 hours ago, NikoGo said:

didn’t jack also do an interview where he said Lana told him to strip it back? Or am I misremembering? I think there was just miscommunication on their end 

I do find it kind of amusing that everyone went from liking Drew during BB to not liking him now. Personally I’ve never had a problem with their music and of all my complaints about BB, production isn’t one of them, but to each their own. Tunnel sounds incredible because we really got the best out of all the producers who worked on the song

Actually, Jack wanted to go big but Lana wanted to go more inwards and keep things folky. She has stated that many times. 

When she said she wanted more from Jack was during COTCC but it wasn’t to go big but because she wanted more of his time because he was outta town a lot. They actually approached Chemtrails the opposite way of NFR i.e. stripping everything back. 

8Qg234E.gif

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I went a few pages back and, I gotta say, I’m positively surprised to see so many people say they wouldn’t listen if the album leaks early. I had the impression that everyone would listen to album leaks when I joined in 2017, glad to see the attitude has changed a little, even if it’s only for this time. :) 

most likely there will be leaks soon I just hope that whoever decides to listen does not comment anything and ruin the experience of the rest

2 minutes ago, inigodelrey3 said:

most likely there will be leaks soon I just hope that whoever decides to listen does not comment anything and ruin the experience of the rest

From experience, they will, haha. But they’re nice to put things in spoiler bars when they’re given reminders that some want to read the thread without risking finding things out before the official release. :) I usually yeet out from here  when that happens and come back just for quick peeks because I’m too curious.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Something interesting I realized is that any sample she might do would also have the appropriate credit on the album cover as well as the writing credits we got (same as the Tommy Genesis alleged sample), and the only credit on the album that could point to Lana sampling her own song is Benji Lysaght who’s done work on older songs including Summertime Sadness

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

12 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Revisiting Past Moments Through the Lens of Something Foreign - Fishtails in my Hair Intertwine the Tears I Cried

wait you ate so hard :oprah4:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

5 hours ago, baddisease said:

ngl: I'm not listening to any of the singles until the album comes, leaked or not. I want this release to be mysterious. with every other release, I listened to singles and snippets on repeat. I wanna know what would be different if I listened to it as one cohesive whole.

Absolutely. It’ll be the first time I’ll listen to an album without having heard a good portion of the tracks or snippets first. 15 new songs all at once, recorded and curated recently. That sounds like too good to be true.

5 minutes ago, inigodelrey3 said:

Also i hope that miley stans do not share the leaks i dont want again what happened with cocc and the justin stans

Miley stans? What’s that? :awkney:

IMG-1607.jpg

4 minutes ago, bunoner said:

Something interesting I realized is that any sample she might do would also have the appropriate credit on the album cover as well as the writing credits we got (same as the Tommy Genesis alleged sample), and the only credit on the album that could point to Lana sampling her own song is Benji Lysaght who’s done work on older songs including Summertime Sadness

where did you see that Benji did work on Summertime Sadness? he’s one of Zach Dawes’ collaborators, the only Lana songs he’s credited on that I am seeing are songs that Zach has also worked on; California, Black Bathing Suit, Thunder, and the Ocean Blvd title track

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

where did you see that Benji did work on Summertime Sadness? he’s one of Zach Dawes’ collaborators, the only Lana songs he’s credited on that I am seeing are songs that Zach has also worked on; California, Black Bathing Suit, Thunder, and the Ocean Blvd title track

Allmusic

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

5 hours ago, Brat said:

also i dont know why people are complaining that its going to be dry? The past 3-4 days, every time I go on LB I have to scroll back like 50 pages on this thread just to catch up on all the supposed insider info. Ik im kinda new to the whole LB thing but I've never seen so many insiders posting about the same thing at the same time before...like its wild

Babe 

it was not because insiders were spilling but was about the horniness, feet, fetiches and Jack hate. the insider info was like 30% of everything that happens these past days 

0YnL0Kf.gif

23 minutes ago, bunoner said:

Allmusic

yeah that’s incorrect unfortunately

E453-F86-B-0397-4-BF5-99-E5-FFA059-C828-

edit i just looked at his AllMusic page, looks like he is credited on Summertime The Gershwin Version as well, i wonder if whoever was adding his credits accidentally clicked on Summertime Sadness too lol

also the only people that need to be credited for an interpolation are the writers of the song that’s being sampled, so far Benji has only played guitar for her (and did “sound effects” on Ocean Blvd title track). so the sampled track could be any Lana/Jack original song with the exception of Happiness is a Butterfly, FIILY, and Breaking Up Slowly. or if the sample is in Fingertips or Sweet, it could also be from Arcadia, Beautiful, or Violets for Roses