Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

okay, i don’t know what people expect from her. unless a miracle happens, her sound is going to remain relatively consistent from now until the end of her career, it’s just fact, she’s not in her 20s anymore and going through new creative phases every few months like she used to be. if you don’t like that then maybe lana isn’t the artist for you anymore. you can’t look to her for “eras” anymore, you can’t look to her for a new sound every album anymore, you can’t look to her for extravagant visuals, etc etc. she’s done all of that, she’s given us all of that. you’re stanning a nearly 40 year old woman not a 22 year old!

Madonna is almost 70 and you can still expect that from her. Gaga isn’t much younger than Lana and still comes up with something new for every album.

I don’t think age matters. I think Lana in general has just burnt out a bit or has stopped giving a shit about production that deviates from her other releases.

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay, i don’t know what people expect from her. unless a miracle happens, her sound is going to remain relatively consistent from now until the end of her career, it’s just fact, she’s not in her 20s anymore and going through new creative phases every few months like she used to be. if you don’t like that then maybe lana isn’t the artist for you anymore. you can’t look to her for “eras” anymore, you can’t look to her for a new sound every album anymore, you can’t look to her for extravagant visuals, etc etc. she’s done all of that, she’s given us all of that. you’re stanning a nearly 40 year old woman not a 22 year old!

all she needs is a change of location and she’ll give us an extravagant era and visuals :true:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I understand your point but bestie Miss Grant only started officially releasing music just 10 years ago… she’s not Madonna :rip:

this comment is so stupid because madonna was making some of the biggest sonic changes of her career at 40, and she still is :bebe:

not on topic though

edit: and for the record, i'm not trying to state that as fact

Edited by the ocean

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

It’s boring TO ME. Whether you like it or not is your thing.

Thank you. It seems people fail to understand that (still).

Thank you!

Exactly but this happens on every forum. Voicing a negative opinion a few hours after the release will always have these kind of aggressive reactions. In a few months more people will probably start saying more negative things cause the hype has died down.

Too many people think everyone should have to hide a minority opinion. I’m proud to see all those who defended TLW, me, and others. 

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i mean she definitely has found her comfort zone but that doesn't mean she isn't experimenting new sounds and is uncapable of doing an entire album with no piano. COCC & BB both have new exciting moments that we never heard and i'm sure this album will too

3 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Madonna is almost 70 and you can still expect that from her. Gaga isn’t much younger than Katy and still comes up with something new for every album.

I don’t think age matters. I think Lana in general has just burnt out a bit or has stopped giving a shit about production that deviates from her other releases.

i don't even think it's always about age, she has still grown and matured a lot from when born to die was released, would we be happy if she kept doing the exact same thing she did with born to die? or even ultraviolence? it makes sense that she may want to explore different sounds and different moods, honestly, i feel like at some point some people who have been disinterested since nfr may need to accept that she has a new style of music that they're just not into 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, cherrytropico said:

all she needs is a change of location and she’ll give us an extravagant era and visuals :true:

She also needs a change in terms of co-writers and producers while we‘re at it. She won’t make exciting videos for these laidback folk ballads. Chemtrails is probably the only instance where she did that and it’s honestly weird cause the video works better for a song like Cherry or something.

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

i mean she definitely has found her comfort zone but that doesn't mean she isn't experimenting new sounds and is uncapable of doing an entire album with no piano. COCC & BB both have new exciting moments that we never heard and i'm sure this album will too

that’s what i mean and is better wording than my “stayed consistent” lol, she found her comfort zone. i don’t mean she’s never gonna do anything new, but the last 3 albums have still had a pretty cohesive thread that ties everything together that’s not going to be changing, so I think anyone who thinks this specific sound is boring should expect to be let down by most future releases at this point

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

There's still hope for DNC... maybe it's a track that was once the title and now it's just another song :creepna2:

But it's funny how we've been literally 1 whole year speculating about it... since last December :thumb3:

Anyone on here who happens to run into Lana in person (or perhaps gets to talk to her on a livestream) please ask her what DNC means/stands for!!

We've gotta solve this mystery lol

Lana is trying to proclaim more of her title as one of the greatest singer-songwriters of our generation. she’s working towards a life of subtlety and home grown love.  a quiet life that can be linked to soft, ambient, acoustic sounds for her music. i don’t think she will ever go back to a massive production a la BTD/UV/HM/LFL. from here on out it’s going to get a lot more intimate with producers and she’s going to aim for CLASSIC sounds, ones that you discover at a record store in 30 years and view in the same vein of joni mitchell and others. i believe that after NFR and the acclaim she got, she felt fulfilled FINALLY after always searching for the right sound. now, she’s comfortable in this style of music/creating. 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this comment is so stupid because madonna was making some of the biggest sonic changes of her career at 40, and she still is :bebe:

not on topic though

edit: and for the record, i'm not trying to state that as fact

Yeah I realized this after the fact, love Madge. I meant like Lana has barely started her career. That said, good point. Madonna is still breathing new life into her music all these years later (though it hasn’t really been quality since 2005:oic2:)

Just now, White Dress said:

Yeah I realized this after the fact, love Madge. I meant like Lana has barely started her career. That said, good point. Madonna is still breathing new life into her music all these years later (though it hasn’t really been quality since 2005:oic2:)

also sorry if my comment came off harsh it wasn't meant to be :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

it’s just like, we know lana, she’s made it clear the kind of artist she is. i think it’s a blessing that we’re still getting music at all. like i’ve said, the piano isn’t going anywhere, the ballads aren’t going anywhere but we’ll probably continue to have some selected cute moments without them!! idk who needs to hear this but she doesn’t care, she wants to live her life and make music and the only reason she did have the few extravagant eras that she did is because the label has pushed them and her career basically depended on playing the game for a little bit. she’s told us she doesn’t care since Ultraviolence, not just in interviews but in the music as well.

every opinion is valid, but real talk and objectively, if it’s the piano itself/slow tempos/ballads/folkliness of the last 3 albums that just doesn’t suit your taste, i think you will continue to be disappointed with this album and future releases. Blue Banisters showed us that it’s not just Jack influencing her either

33 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Age has nothing to do with this. Be serious. I don’t know. Her new material doesn’t sound like music to me lmao. It’s very uninspired musically. I am not talking about the lyrics/words. There’s more to music than just lyrics which Lana seems to have completely forgotten. I know it’s harsh but I’m going to spill :true:.

There’s an unmelodic flatness to A LOT of her new stuff. Disjointed even. Snow On The Beach by far her most pleasant sounding song recently and it’s not even her song. And I don’t even like that song. Okay, maybe it’s on purpose she’s making auto pilot flat talky melodies but at least make the production interesting. But the production is basic too. 

I want Lana to recite her poems with this vocal effects on top of a song like this. That would be daring and different and I wouldn’t mind the lack of melodies/redundantness. 
https://open.spotify.com/track/6WFAXXEmSnQzv73T7jWfTO?si=RFHwUYSOR4GlIKnqk4fycg

She should listen to Salem more.