Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Lana is trying to proclaim more of her title as one of the greatest singer-songwriters of our generation. she’s working towards a life of subtlety and home grown love.  a quiet life that can be linked to soft, ambient, acoustic sounds for her music. i don’t think she will ever go back to a massive production a la BTD/UV/HM/LFL. from here on out it’s going to get a lot more intimate with producers and she’s going to aim for CLASSIC sounds, ones that you discover at a record store in 30 years and view in the same vein of joni mitchell and others. i believe that after NFR and the acclaim she got, she felt fulfilled FINALLY after always searching for the right sound. now, she’s comfortable in this style of music/creating. 

i’m still gonna continue manifesting uv 2.0 :true:

since lana is pushing 40 she’s obviously not gonna sing about codependent relationships and recklessness and etc. but that doesn’t mean she can’t have a psychedelic rock or cinematic jazz or trip hop production

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

8 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Lana is trying to proclaim more of her title as one of the greatest singer-songwriters of our generation. she’s working towards a life of subtlety and home grown love.  a quiet life that can be linked to soft, ambient, acoustic sounds for her music. i don’t think she will ever go back to a massive production a la BTD/UV/HM/LFL. from here on out it’s going to get a lot more intimate with producers and she’s going to aim for CLASSIC sounds, ones that you discover at a record store in 30 years and view in the same vein of joni mitchell and others. i believe that after NFR and the acclaim she got, she felt fulfilled FINALLY after always searching for the right sound. now, she’s comfortable in this style of music/creating. 

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

it’s just like, we know lana, she’s made it clear the kind of artist she is. i think it’s a blessing that we’re still getting music at all. like i’ve said, the piano isn’t going anywhere, the ballads aren’t going anywhere but we’ll probably continue to have some selected cute moments without them!! idk who needs to hear this but she doesn’t care, she wants to live her life and make music and the only reason she did have the few extravagant eras that she did is because the label has pushed them and her career basically depended on playing the game for a little bit. she’s told us she doesn’t care since Ultraviolence, not just in interviews but in the music as well.

every opinion is valid, but real talk and objectively, if it’s the piano itself/slow tempos/ballads/folkliness of the last 3 albums that just doesn’t suit your taste, i think you will continue to be disappointed with this album and future releases.

I think both of you are right here, Lana is comfortable and happy with what she is making and unless something drastic happens in her life or to change her source of creativity, things are going to stay pretty much the same.

Even with the last three album covers she's done (Ocean Blvd's is the best of the three in my opinion lol) they are very reminiscent of those "classic" 60s/70s albums she's trying to emulate :agree:

we literally heard almost nothing of this album. one song from 16 tracks (or 14). the insiders and the collabs indicates variety throughout the tracklist. we know she doesn't choose the best singles but I'm sure the best is yet to come and this was just a warm up and a very solid one if I'm honest. she'll always deliver piano and ballads on her albums but I don't think this is going to sound like the past 2 eras. she's still experimenting and I'm very positive this album WILL bring a new sound from her

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

A lot of things we manifested recently ended up happening:

- amazing covers and photoshoot (and boobs)

- long album

- out in the first months of the year 

- Zach fucking Dawes

- the background singers :krylie:

- an actual interesting announcement (and we got the full preorder and the song instead of having to wait til friday)

And there's probably more.

This era feels like a dream. Everything seems so promising :creepna2:

giphy.gif

Just now, cherrytropico said:

i’m still gonna continue manifesting uv 2.0 :true:

since lana is pushing 40 she’s obviously not gonna sing about codependent relationships and recklessness and etc. but that doesn’t mean she can’t have a psychedelic rock or cinematic jazz or trip hop production

This. Also, I remember when she put out Lust for Life she said something along the lines of it being the closing chapter of the BTD-persona. 

Since this is her fourth lame album, maybe this will be the closing chapter of hillbilly-Lana and she‘ll come up with something new next.

18 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

this is it!! conversation over. this settled everything. let’s move on now ❤️

81l+QOJBlPL._AC_SL1500_.jpglana-del-rey-ocean-blvd-album-1670429758

the billie holiday like cover omgg i see the vision like this is truly going to be her most acclaimed album which will finally get lana the appreciation and respect she deserves which will in turn get more people to listen to her previous albums and honeymoon in particular because of the billie holiday reference in the blackest day which will then get more people to finally appreciate honeymoon as the masterpiece it is and then world peace will finally be achieved like y'all hear me out!! stay with me STAY WITH ME LISTENN

7 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

This. Also, I remember when she put out Lust for Life she said something along the lines of it being the closing chapter of the BTD-persona. 

Since this is her fourth lame album, maybe this will be the closing chapter of hillbilly-Lana and she‘ll come up with something new next.

if you hate honeymoon (if i remember correctly) and her last 3 albums and this one im not sure you’re going to find another lana album that you love since at this point you don’t like more than half of her albums😭

i want you to enjoy it though, hopefully there’s a track on the album that appeals to you!! maybe the tommy genesis one? i feel like it has to have a bolder sound, could that be up your alley? idk i haven’t read all of your thoughts in the thread

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Are all the 6 features vocals? Or just samples and credits 

2 are samples. only syml confirmed

and one is the pastor and the track is one of the interludes

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I kinda can't believe this actually got announced tbh. No teasing and posting snippets, literally mentioning it once in an interview last week and news actually coming out on the day she said, smooth pre-order and song release, amazing photoshoot... Who is this Lana 

FzytWEW.png

7 minutes ago, Apple n Apple said:

Just gonna say that automatic writing would lend well on rap beats :creepna3:

That would be great. But no, we’re getting another quiet barely audio piano notes for 1234567th time.

I’ve been listening to Jon Batiste lately and ended up listening the Soul score. I wouldn’t mind her automatic writing on something like this.

10 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Hilariously expressed.