Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Just now, fine china said:

But that line won’t make any sense: “I can’t help but feel somewhat like my body, mind, my soul” what does that even mean

look at the next line.. lyrics don't need to make sense by themselves

lana uses the first verse to paint a picture of the tunnel as a beautiful place/thing that was forgotten about and "sealed up by two manmade walls".. throwing in a line about herself in a verse entirely about the tunnel is done in order to start the metaphor of lana as the tunnel.. lana is saying that she feels like her mind, body, and soul are similar to the tunnel in some sort of way

5 minutes ago, fine china said:

But that line won’t make any sense: “I can’t help but feel somewhat like my body, mind, my soul” what does that even mean

It’s definitely marred and it makes perfect sense

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

:air:

I can assure you, with 100% certainty that it is "marred"

until lana verbally (and not in some sort of online statement or lyric book bc anything online is almost always her team) confirms/denies there is no way to have 100% certainty

i’m really curious how people are listening to the song because on my like phone speakers and car speakers i can hear all of the other things but when i put on my good headphones and turn the volume up it’s very clearly “marred”, “thrive”, “give me fire”, the only one that i’m not confident in is leaning/lennon but i think it’s lennon

2 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

until lana verbally (and not in some sort of online statement or lyric book bc anything online is almost always her team) confirms/denies there is no way to have 100% certainty

Where’s that fan who was going to ask whether Lana wanted to slap Patty with a shovel in wf/wf but instead had to ask whether she said “promise” or “promised”. We need you girl

2 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

I think you might want to read the lyrics to the song again because my mind my body my soul still doesn't make sense with the way you explained it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lennon and leanin both make sense. Lennon cause he produced the Harry album and leaning cause someone is whispering in her ear.

I also hear "my body, mind, my soul" cause there's no "r" sound there.

I agree that marred makes more sense but the alternative does too since she's describing the "handmade beauty" that's sealed up (the beauty being her body mind and soul)

giphy.gif

I can't help but feel like my body marred my soul

Handmade beauty, sealed up by two man-made walls

I can't help but feel like my body, my mind, my soul

I don't want to give LanaBoards a grammar lesson, but it's clear that the second is not grammatically correct by any standard 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

19 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

look at the next line.. lyrics don't need to make sense by themselves

lana uses the first verse to paint a picture of the tunnel as a beautiful place/thing that was forgotten about and "sealed up by two manmade walls".. throwing in a line about herself in a verse entirely about the tunnel is done in order to start the metaphor of lana as the tunnel.. lana is saying that she feels like her mind, body, and soul are similar to the tunnel in some sort of way

I am on team “marred” because how I interpreted it was “my body marred my soul” = “handmade beauty sealed up by two man made walls”

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I don't want to give LanaBoards a grammar lesson, but it's clear that the second is not grammatically correct by any standard 

I agree that the first one it's probably it and she's just lazily pronouncing "marred" but the second one still makes sense tho... she's just omitting "are"

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Where’s that fan who was going to ask whether Lana wanted to slap Patty with a shovel in wf/wf but instead had to ask whether she said “promise” or “promised”. We need you girl

plss that was lanaisababe.. she asked the worst questions that whole live i wanted to kms.. but lana's face when she asked about that song with rob there was hilarious

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I agree that the first one it's probably it and she's just lazily pronouncing "marred" but the second one still makes sense tho... she's just omitting "are"

She’s just pronouncing it in a bri’ish accent. LONDON SHOW CONFIRMED LUVS:illumarina:

Lana doesn't even remember her own lyrics half the time :bebe:

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

She’s just pronouncing it in a bri’ish accent. LONDON SHOW CONFIRMED LUVS:illumarina:

Okay I just realised that I need her to record a show at the Royal Albert Hall with TLSP as support act :trisha:

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Taco Cab × Big Ben :krylie:

taco lorry :tyvm:

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

If we were talking abt another artist, you'd have a point, but it's Lana and she has many examples on her discography where she wasn't the most grammatically correct, therefore, grammar doesn't really matter ezgif-com-gif-maker.gifezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Spoiler

I'm def team #1 tho, mostly bc you can't hear my body, my mind, my soul, you hear my body, [something similar to mind but w/o my] and then my soul

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif