Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

i actually love this conversation, it’s interesting seeing how people interpret her lyrics, especially her more recent ones because they’re so full of metaphors and hidden meanings. is there a thread here for analyzing song lyrics? i’m gonna check, if there’s not trust i will be making one tonight

4 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I feel like I'm listening to my aunties having a conversation :scoff:

so true lmao :horror:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Just now, lilac heaven said:

genuine question is there seriously not a full lyric analysis thread here after over a decade of this site being up or am i just not finding it… if there really isn’t let me go ahead and make one :ma:

check the lana thoughts section and maybe sort by reply count

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

genuine question is there seriously not a full lyric analysis thread here after over a decade of this site being up or am i just not finding it… if there really isn’t let me go ahead and make one :ma:

well theres a thread for each song I think so just analyze lyrics there?

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i actually love this conversation, it’s interesting seeing how people interpret her lyrics, especially her more recent ones because they’re so full of metaphors and hidden meanings. is there a thread here for analyzing song lyrics? i’m gonna check, if there’s not trust i will be making one tonight

Same. Discussions like these and Lanalysis—where deep probing into the songs is encouraged—were the reason I joined LanaBoards! 

I think there's a lyrics section with threads for every song

giphy.gif

Why does it matter what the right lyrics are :O:fact:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

26 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Thank God I didn’t become an English professor because I’d be teaching LDR lyric studies and would have no holds barred in the debates that would inevitably spring from that…:typewriter:

students in arguments and drama what Lana said would be dissing to that way that they would even start calling each other for whores and sluts lol

11 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i think a thread specifcally for general lyric analysis of songs would be cool, but we do have threads which are pretty similar to that in concept, such as lanalysis, esoteric origins of mankind, the individual threads for each song, etc. but it's up to you! deep, complex analysis of songs are so cool to me

WGe8ynS.gif

as much as “marred” makes sense i hear the “i” sound in mind :hooker: i literally just listened to it over n over trying to figure it out. i think shes saying she feels that her body, mind, and soul are handmade beauties sealed up by manmade walls

28 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

@Elle would it be appropriate to have a thread where all lyric analysis for every song can be in one place or is that not necessary?

Well, we do have lyric threads for every single song which are meant for lyric analysis/thoughts/questions/etc including one for the title track which may be a better suited place for the recent discussion since that thread will live on forever rather than eventually locked & forgotten like this one, and analyses such as these may be good to look back on there in the future.

& then of course we have Lanalysis where people dissect her lyrics to piece together the stories of her personal life x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, fine china said:

But that line won’t make any sense: “I can’t help but feel somewhat like my body, mind, my soul” what does that even mean

Like our bodies betray us. We have goals, but maybe too tired to accomplish them. What Lana is inside is beautiful and handcrafted like Jergins Tunnel, with its mosaic walls and painted ceiling. But it is blocked on either side so noone can enter . . . the limitations of the physical self to the beauty inside . . .

1 hour ago, Louise said:

Like our bodies betray us. We have goals, but maybe too tired to accomplish them. What Lana is inside is beautiful and handcrafted like Jergins Tunnel, with its mosaic walls and painted ceiling. But it is blocked on either side so noone can enter . . . the limitations of the physical self to the beauty inside . . . or what is intended.

I want whatever ur on