Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Do we call this LDR9 cause we are counting AKA or Paradise? It's always been confusing to me :hide:

I personally consider Paradise as a separate record even if it is an EP/BTD re-release

15 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Paradise is an EP. AKA is the debut (though it was lowkey) album :true:

Interscope promoted one of her latest album with a number (I think it was Norman as LDR6)… but they never clarified if Paradise was a separate LP or if AKA counted in the lot. Paradise, with 9 tracks on the deluxe version, is one song short from being an album (that are no specific rules about how many songs constitue an album, but 10 and more is usually a LP). It would make sense for Interscope to count the albums they put out and leave out AKA, which was not with them. But they did promote Paradise as an EP when it was out… So, it’s almost a personal choice to count which albums are amongst the 8 she released haha. 

6 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Do we still think of Paradise as an EP? It's 37 minutes long (2 minutes longer than Sour) and was nominated for Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys.

Also, I may be mistaken, but don't we consider AKA to be LG1, and not LDR1, since she was technically still Lizzy Grant at the time?

And yet, Paradise is longer than so many LP released these days, which sometimes barely are over 30 minutes haha!

i see Paradise as a full album tbh. its pretty distinct to BTD (at least for me) and Interscope only released it as an EP to bundle it with BTD and raise total sales for it, just like they did with The Fame & The Fame Monster. so its an album in all but name if you ask me

image.png

I'm with those who see 'Paradise' as a separate record, though of course seeing it as an EP extension of 'BTD' is also correct. For me, the vibe of 'Paradise' is very different than that of 'BTD' and has its own vision. 

57 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

i see Paradise as a full album tbh. its pretty distinct to BTD (at least for me) and Interscope only released it as an EP to bundle it with BTD and raise total sales for it, just like they did with The Fame & The Fame Monster. so its an album in all but name if you ask me

28 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I'm with those who see 'Paradise' as a separate record, though of course seeing it as an EP extension of 'BTD' is also correct. For me, the vibe of 'Paradise' is very different than that of 'BTD' and has its own vision. 

I used to see Paradise as an album also… BTD is Lana telling about her troubled teenage years and Paradise is moving away from NY, to LA, to launch her career. So two distinct phases of her life. And musically, it’s different from BTD. But the BTD cover was shot while filming the first and homemade  version of the Blue Jeans MV… and the Paradise cover was shot while filming the big budget Blue Jeans MV, which kinda joins the two of them. So I don’t know how to see Paradise anymore, except that it’s brilliant.

39 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Me too. I never saw a direct musical, lyrical, or visual correlation between BTD and Paradise, apart form the album cover. They're both best enjoyed separately imo.

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Do we call this LDR9 cause we are counting AKA or Paradise? It's always been confusing to me :hide:

I personally consider Paradise as a separate record even if it is an EP/BTD re-release

I'm not really sure but I think they're counting Paradise since AKA was still under Lizzy Grant, and LDR hadn't been fully established at that point.

Lana Del Rey Fan » Arquivo » Lana Del Rey teases 'Ultraviolence' music video

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ We could go back to Woodstock ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

1 hour ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Do we still think of Paradise as an EP? It's 37 minutes long (2 minutes longer than Sour) and was nominated for Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys.

Also, I may be mistaken, but don't we consider AKA to be LG1, and not LDR1, since she was technically still Lizzy Grant at the time?

Idk about anyone else but I consider AKA to be LDR1. The sonic change from AKA to BTD was a bit jarring but thematically they aren’t that dissimilar. It was released under the name Lana Del Ray,  but that one letter difference isn’t enough for me to see LDRay and LDR as two different artists. I remember seeing a tweet from one of her old accounts saying that the album is out under the name LDRay; whatever it is, it certainly isn’t LG1

whatarecoloris.jpg

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I used to see Paradise as an album also… BTD is Lana telling about her troubled teenage years and Paradise is moving away from NY, to LA, to launch her career. So two distinct phases of her life. And musically, it’s different from BTD. But the BTD cover was shot while filming the first and homemade  version of the Blue Jeans MV… and the Paradise cover was shot while filming the big budget Blue Jeans MV, which kinda joins the two of them. So I don’t know how to see Paradise anymore, except that it’s brilliant.

'Paradise' is one of my favorites of all her albums and/or releases. It is brilliant. 

for me, Paradise - even though its really different from Born to Die but somehow its still in the same universe. It's like Born to Die sequel, picks up where BTD ends.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

24 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

Idk about anyone else but I consider AKA to be LDR1. The sonic change from AKA to BTD was a bit jarring but thematically they aren’t that dissimilar. It was released under the name Lana Del Ray,  but that one letter difference isn’t enough for me to see LDRay and LDR as two different artists. I remember seeing a tweet from one of her old accounts saying that the album is out under the name LDRay; whatever it is, it certainly isn’t LG1

I like the way Yayo transitions into Born to Die :agree:

46 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

It was indeed released under the name Lana del Ray as opposed to the Kill Kill EP under Lizzy Grant 

19 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Nothing Lana will ever do will be reminiscent of Nicki Minaj in any way and for that I'm grateful

in an alternate universe

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

in an alternate universe

bop

this reminded me of how much i've missed the sims 2 :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

17 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

in an alternate universe

I'd rather live in the hot dog finger universe in Everything Everywhere All at Once than this :derpna:

Spoiler

Dragons and daddies creeping from behind :twirls::krylie: