Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

so you’re telling me that the switch up from MAC and Venice Bitch to the rest of NFR is because of Courtney Love… hold me back im serious

tbh I think this is a big lie, because if Lana only knew Joni's music after recording VB and MAC in 2018, she wouldn't have done Bartender in 2017 (non conventional structure and the "ladies of the canyon" lyric...) no way Lana didn't know who Joni Mitchell is lol

9 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

It's not what she said though? :sideeye: And the first songs she made with Jack were Hope and Love song, not MAC/VB.

Well, almost. From BOZ:

"She finishes the album in parts. To put things in perspective these are the dates of each NFR song being finished and mastered:
01. Norman ****ing Rockwell - 06.27.18
02, Mariners Apartment Complex (I'm Your Man) - 08.31.18
03. Venice Bitch - 06.26.18
04. **** it I Love You - 07.23.19
05. Doin' Time - 04.04.19
06. Love Song - 08.06.18
07. Cinnamon - 12.18.18
08. How to Disappear - 1.20.19
09. California - 1.18.19
10. The Next Best American Record - N/A
11. The Greatest - 02.13.19
12. Bartender - N/A
13. Happiness - 06.30.18
14. Sylvia Plath - 08.04.18"

2 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

tbh I think this is a big lie, because if Lana only knew Joni's music after recording VB and MAC in 2018, she wouldn't have done Bartender in 2017 (non conventional structure and the "ladies of the canyon" lyric...) no way Lana didn't know who Joni Mitchell is lol

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u5.jpg

Ouuuu this getting good :popcorn: so courtney is once again a liar? Doesnt surprise me. If i remember correctly Court shit talked lana a few years back.  Like right after the endless summer tour iirc. But things are tied back up now, especially considering the "court almost burnt down my home" line. Unless that line wasn't a playful poke like we thought :mj:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

9 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

@honeymoonwhore exposing Courtney Love as lying for clout. :clapback:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Well, almost. From BOZ:

"She finishes the album in parts. To put things in perspective these are the dates of each NFR song being finished and mastered:
01. Norman ****ing Rockwell - 06.27.18
02, Mariners Apartment Complex (I'm Your Man) - 08.31.18
03. Venice Bitch - 06.26.18
04. **** it I Love You - 07.23.19
05. Doin' Time - 04.04.19
06. Love Song - 08.06.18
07. Cinnamon - 12.18.18
08. How to Disappear - 1.20.19
09. California - 1.18.19
10. The Next Best American Record - N/A
11. The Greatest - 02.13.19
12. Bartender - N/A
13. Happiness - 06.30.18
14. Sylvia Plath - 08.04.18"

Well that completely explains why the NFR Vinyls had a different (and lets admit it, less good) version of FIILY. She has GOT to be to more timely when it comes to submitting things. She's 10 years in :deadbanana: bffr

Manifesting that everything is as it's meant to be and submitted on time with this new album 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Lana studied Philosophy at Fordham. She's an intellectual; there is absolutely no way she didn't know who Joni Mitchell was.  :pls:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

35 minutes ago, Thoth said:

From Courtney Love’s interview:

Hide contents

Love also claimed she introduced Lana Del Rey to the music of Joni Mitchell. “She described a record she wanted to make to me, and I’m like, ‘Oh you mean Hissing Of Summer Lawns,’ which, I don’t even like that record. She’s like, ‘what’s that?’ I’m like, ‘It’s a Joni Mitchell record.’ She’s like, ‘Who’s that?'” “Wow,” Maron interjects. Love: “I know.” Love said that she got her friend “all the Joni” vinyl at a Portland record store after which Lana “changed her ******* whole thing.”

I’m guessing it’s the change came with NFR

Then Love’s got bad taste because ‘The Hissing of Summer Lawns’ is a brilliant masterpiece, an artist’s artist of a record. 

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Lana studied Philosophy at Fordham. She's an intellectual; there is absolutely no way she didn't know who Joni Mitchell was.  :pls:

RIGHT. :true: Just listen to her very old songs like Fordham Road and Blizzard, she was already writing conversational songs back then

22 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I listened to the podcast and it sounded like this was when they were on tour together in 2015. I still find it hard to believe that Lana didn’t know who Joni was though. 

3 hours ago, drugsdesire said:

i messaged this one girl that was at svetas wedding (lanas close friend) and she said lana and mike were together the whole night (this was november 2021) and they were "kissing and hugging", so yeah. if i find her tik tok ill post it here bc there's videos of them cuddling.

i don’t like to talk too much about lana’s personal life especially when it comes to dating because that’s not really my place BUT i did just want to say how nice it seems that lana is continuing to stay friendly with her more of her exes recently (Jack D, Mike, Barrie again). it seems like some of her previous relationships have ended pretty tumultuously considering we never saw or heard of a few men ever again after they split. i’m sure that’s nice for her :’)

although I do remember Lana saying during the Blue Banisters livestream that she had never listened to the entire For the Roses album by Joni which surprised me because despite not being as popular as say Blue or Court and Spark, that album came out when Joni was at her peak. i can’t believe Lana possibly hasn’t heard Woman of Heart and Mind, she would eat that song UP

I love Courtney Love to death but there’s no way she introduced Lana to Joni Mitchell…Lana first mentioned Joni Mitchell in this 2014 interview and stated in this 2019 interview that she heard Joni’s name brought up constantly and “didn’t really start listening to too much of it until college”, which would’ve been well before she met Courtney. 

26 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love Courtney Love to death but there’s no way she introduced Lana to Joni Mitchell…Lana first mentioned Joni Mitchell in this 2014 interview and stated in this 2019 interview that she heard Joni’s name brought up constantly and “didn’t really start listening to too much of it until college”, which would’ve been well before she met Courtney. 

Lana probably played a little stupid with CL; they may not have known one another well at that time, or who knows what Lana’s specific motivations were for playing stupid about JM in that moment, if it even happened at all.