Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Based on the credits it has to be something from NFR onwards or maybe an old laptop demo that doesn't have any cowriter attached :um2:

Cause even if it's subtle I'm sure Lana would credit the people that originally worked on the song 

i'm late here but BOZ said there's nothing old reworked here, so take that as whatever thats supposed to mean lmao

38 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love Courtney Love to death but there’s no way she introduced Lana to Joni Mitchell…Lana first mentioned Joni Mitchell in this 2014 interview and stated in this 2019 interview that she heard Joni’s name brought up constantly and “didn’t really start listening to too much of it until college”, which would’ve been well before she met Courtney. 

maybe she meant physically introducing? nvm i see the context now

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

20 hours ago, Fingertips said:

Life rocked me like Mötley
Grabbed me by the ribbons in my hair

this is one of my fav lyrics of all time tbh

57 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i don’t like to talk too much about lana’s personal life especially when it comes to dating because that’s not really my place BUT i did just want to say how nice it seems that lana is continuing to stay friendly with her more of her exes recently (Jack D, Mike, Barrie again). it seems like some of her previous relationships have ended pretty tumultuously considering we never saw or heard of a few men ever again after they split. i’m sure that’s nice for her :’)

when did she break up with Jack?

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Do you have a timestamp?

i don't have a time stamp but it's when courtney talks about how lana got rid of all her social medias and then immediately said that people can't get sober if they're active on social media - her quote was something like "lana got rid of all that shit she deactivated her social medias. you can't get sober on that shit you have to get rid of it"

Why would she even mention Lana's sobriety in a podcast interview or anywhere really. Like if she knows Lana well enough she knows that's really personal. :dafuq:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

Some useless facts:

Out of all 110 songs Lana released officially, song titles appear first:

• On the chorus: 65.5% - 72 songs
  • On the first verse: 20% - 22 songs
  • Does not appear in the song at all: 13.6% -15 songs
  • Bridge: Only 1 song with Salvatore

Out of all 95 songs that titles appear in the song:

• Title appears in the chorus: 82.1% - 78 songs
  • Title does not appear in the chorus: 17.9% -17 songs

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

super late to the party but im assuming Miss Love exaggerated a bit w the whole "Lana didnt know Joni Mitchell til I told her in 2015" thing,

theres no way you grow up as a fan of Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Joan Baez, Neil Young etc. & the 60s/70s as eras in general, & don't at least know of Joni imo lol

whether or not she had listened to her music up until that point is another thing....tho i do believe she probably had

n if she hadn't, she has now & we got some lovely references (California, Bartender) & For Free from it :agree:

everyone won!!!!!!!!

33783900-A3-F3-4785-9-CBE-F0-D55-F2-CCDF3.png 

um…. Did Ben listen to the full thing? :delish:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm