Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

does anyone know what caused lana and azealia to fall out? they used to be like industry sisters but something obviously happened between them before lana called out kanye

iirc Lana just ghosted her, probably because of the Zayn stuff and fighting with a 14 year old etc 

oh yeah she was also jealous when Lana collaborated with Rocky on LFL 

does anyone know what caused lana and azealia to fall out? they used to be like industry sisters but something obviously happened between them before lana called out kanye

im not sure how true this is but i also heard she wanted to collab with lana multiple times and because of the very frequent drama she was getting into lana's team did not think it would be good for lana's image and azealia took it personal. once again i have no idea how true this is. but seeing what @@Nobody said ab being jealous bc of the collab that probably also makes what i heard more probable.

edit: yk what its funny tho, because lately it seems like lana's team doesnt give a fuck about her image anymore. 

what makes something a "proper era"? she's obviously not quarantining so pandemic or not the videos are probably gonna be homemade if there are any at all and she can do interviews over facetime or on the phone which she did when she announced MAC and VB

Well, good music videos and perhaps a performance or two

I know she doesn't really perform anymore but she did do BBC Radio 1 and the Apple event, the Leonard Cohen tribute concert (though it wasn't any song from NFR)

OMG I'm excited

Please let me know if this is too invasive. As far as we know, she's always mentioned wanting to form a family but it seems like she's become more insistent about the topic since her ex got engaged. I feel like it truly affected her.

Weird theory that’s probably not true - what if Lana’s mom wasn’t accepting of Chuck and/or Charlie not being straight and that’s part of the rift? Probably not because Rob seems to be highly liberal, but my parents are on completely different ends of the political spectrum.

Weird theory that’s probably not true - what if Lana’s mom wasn’t accepting of Chuck and/or Charlie not being straight and that’s part of the rift? Probably not because Rob seems to be highly liberal, but my parents are on completely different ends of the political spectrum.

and that's why she never goes to lana's shows cause she knows all her fans are a bunch of f*gg*ts 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

if she's smart, and/or has learned anything, she'll learn to do what another artist routinely attacked by 'Fake Woke People' (I love that) recently advised, and that's to "concentrate on the work, and never read, or pay very little attention to, the reviews." It's logical and understandable to want to pay attention to one's reviews, but as sensitive as person as LDR wants to be understood and doesn't seem to realize that some critics love trolling her and tearing her apart in public because they know they can. They're getting her goat and they love it. 

In a very old Rolling Stone interview, Joni Mitchell discussed that, saying, to paraphrase, "they're going to tear you down for staying the same or for changing, and I'd rather be torn down for changing." She also sang about that theme on her 'For The Roses' album, saying, again, to paraphrase, "first they love you, and then they start bringing out the boards and nails." Tori Amos addressed that theme many times on her albums, especially on 'Curtain Call.' 

if she's smart, and/or has learned anything, she'll learn to do what another artist routinely attacked by 'Fake Woke People' (I love that) recently advised, and that's to "concentrate on the work, and never read, or pay very little attention to, the reviews." It's logical and understandable to want to pay attention to one's reviews, but as sensitive as person as LDR wants to be understood and doesn't seem to realize that some critics love trolling her and tearing her apart in public because they know they can. They're getting her goat and they love it. 

In a very old Rolling Stone interview, Joni Mitchell discussed that, saying, to paraphrase, "they're going to tear you down for staying the same or for changing, and I'd rather be torn down for changing." She also sang about that theme on her 'For The Roses' album, saying, again, to paraphrase, "first they love you, and then they start bringing out the boards and nails." Tori Amos addressed that theme many times on her albums, especially on 'Curtain Call.'

I’m glad you mentioned Joni Mitchell here! During the Vietnam War there was anti-war protests everywhere. Joni did not really agree with all that because she wanted to be supportive of the troops. She knew people who were over there. She did not fully embrace the counter-culture of the time.