Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Fart Deco said:

Honeymoon had the best rollout imo: she created some buzz uploading the title track on YouTube in the middle of july, then at the beginning of august she announced HBTB as the lead single, and released it a week later with its video following.

Middle august she posted on Instagram the textless billboard captioning it with the date of release and the following week she posted the tracklist and the album was available for preorder.

And then 2 singles before the release: TLY as a promo single and MTWBT with its music video.

Also, Honeymoon hotline was a nice addition!

In the span of two months we have had everything, no draggings nor excruciating waitings with no word about what was going on.

That era has been low key, but professionally planned and well executed :flutter:

Best era ever. Concise, all about the music, on a short period of time. Plus there were the UO streaming parties the week before (and this is how we got the lq leaks lol)

24 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Someone pls see @viralblessings at IG..

5th video.  The one where boys dress in women clothes. 

Which version of Dark Paradise is that?!

Parov stellar remix

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

With LFL, we know she sat down with the label to discuss the sound and more importantly, the singles of this era

I wonder if that’s what happened with UV and they encouraged her to collab with a popular artist and she obviously chose the weeknd for MPG but chose to leave him off it but gave in for LFL title track

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I wonder if that’s what happened with UV and they encouraged her to collab with a popular artist and she obviously chose the weeknd for MPG but chose to leave him off it but gave in for LFL title track

i thought MPG was just a remix he did later on his own

31 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

It’s highly possible. Dan also reported that when UV was done, Interscope asked her to meet with Adele’s producer (I think it’s Paul Epstein?!?), to pen a single together. She was furious but caved in. That producer listened to UV and said to Interscope that that album didn’t need any more songs because it was already excellent. 
edit: it’s Paul Epworth lollll ???

6 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Yeah, they wanted her to work with Adele's producer (at the time)... But, I'm glad she fought for that record. And I believe The Weeknd just did that remix on his own accord, I don't think it was commissioned by the label or he was approached by Lana or anything?

5 minutes ago, iwannadie said:

i thought MPG was just a remix he did later on his own

Oh yeah maybe. I didn’t listen to his full radio show but since it was a Kissland episode with unreleased moments from that era, it’s possible he did it back then. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

16 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s highly possible. Dan also reported that when UV was done, Interscope asked her to meet with Adele’s producer (I think it’s Paul Epstein?!?), to pen a single together. She was furious but caved in. That producer listened to UV and said to Interscope that that album didn’t need any more songs because it was already excellent. 

You mean Paul Epworth haha omg ??? - also he is part of black beauty 

50 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Oh yeah maybe. I didn’t listen to his full radio show but since it was a Kissland episode with unreleased moments from that era, it’s possible he did it back then. 

oh yeah it's probably old-ish but I don't think it was ever meant for UV

4 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Why are the post release threads for Honeymoon and Lust For Life locked?  :crossed:

Mods, fix it!

They aren't locked! All of the Post-Released threads are open; however their Pre-Release threads are locked & have been since the moment the albums dropped.

Honeymoon Post-Release Thread

Lust for Life Post-Release Thread

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS