Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

YES i passed out when i heard it for the 1st time, if she sticked with original concept it would be her best album

I had the same wide-eyed, impressed reaction. And via 'SQ,' we may get a clue of what the 'Blade Runner' version of the title track sounded like. I also agree she should have stuck to her original vision of what the album was supposed to be. It's amazing that several much weaker, almost 'filler' tracks made the final cut instead of 'SQ.' I'm hoping COCC sounds more like it and less like NFR. 

Am i the only one that feels weird whenever Lana acknowledges her past self?

Like i think of Lana in 1985-2010 and 2011-2014 and 2015-2020 as completely different people, and she doesn't talk about her past very often...

Like in the post today, 2012 Lana Del Rey was so vastly different to the present Lana Del Rey in so many ways and it feels weird that they're the same woman :flutter:

tenor.gif?itemid=9848335

I can now relate to her losing her data and polaroids so much.. 

I lost 4 years of my data as my phone automatically did a fucking factory reset. I'm absolutely shattered and I just want to die.

If someone knows how to recover it...no backup.. pls help

33 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I can now relate to her losing her data and polaroids so much.. 

I lost 4 years of my data as my phone automatically did a fucking factory reset. I'm absolutely shattered and I just want to die.

If someone knows how to recover it...no backup.. pls help

I'm so sorry that happened, it's happened to me before and I literally wanted to die. I'm pretty sure with factory resets there is no way to recover data unless you backed it up

I think I’d be happy with anything as long as she doesn’t bring back the BTD/Paradise sound. Really sorry but even though BTD is super iconic and will always be one of the most iconic albums in the industry, the music in itself aged like milk. But I’d be super happy with a NFR x HM x UV mix. The piano, bass (Cinnamon) and rawness from NFR, the strings from HM, and the electric guitars from UV.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

16 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I think I’d be happy with anything as long as she doesn’t bring back the BTD/Paradise sound. Really sorry but even though BTD is super iconic and will always be one of the most iconic albums in the industry, the music in itself aged like milk. But I’d be super happy with a NFR x HM x UV mix. The piano, bass (Cinnamon) and rawness from NFR, the strings from HM, and the electric guitars from UV.

:wtfney:

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

22 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

acquire better taste.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

BTD and Paradise are timeless classics. How can that music age sis? What you on? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

36 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I don't know, to me it still sounds super fresh like it could've been released at the beginning of this year... no wonder there are still plenty of newcomers (and not only) which try to replicate that kind of sound (each week I discover at least one or two BTD Lana sounding artist(s) through spotify's discover weekly).

Lanarat.png

Just now, Electric Body said:

Says the Melanie Martinez stan who wants the album to sound like Ghetto Baby :xgiggle:

Melanie Martinez made TWO classic albums and Ghetto Baby is a classic too.

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I am sorry, but if it did age like milk it wouldn't chart anymore. It's pretty much timeless, that's why it is so iconic. @takeitdoen your unpopular post has been topped lmao

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

NFR has aged like milk (probably because it was teased so much)

But BTD/Paradise are timeless and they're the only albums I go back to listen to weekly (I haven't listened to songs from NFR since it released, apart from Cinnamon Girl and Love Song)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

14 minutes ago, lamms said:

I am sorry, but if it did age like milk it wouldn't chart anymore. It's pretty much timeless, that's why it is so iconic. @takeitdoen your unpopular post has been topped lmao

Oops, I posted at the wrong time, only the BTD squad’s awake right now :hooker:

Nah seriously now, I don’t deny how iconic it is, I’m just saying it didn’t age well. That’s just an opinion :clapback:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~