Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Oops, I posted at the wrong time, only the BTD squad’s awake right now :hooker:

Nah seriously now, I don’t deny how iconic it is, I’m just saying it didn’t age well. That’s just an opinion :clapback:

I think we just really overplayed the shit out of the album lmao.I also didn't listen to BTD since NFR was released.

37 minutes ago, lamms said:

I am sorry, but if it did age like milk it wouldn't chart anymore. It's pretty much timeless, that's why it is so iconic. @takeitdoen your unpopular post has been topped lmao

I am literally SCRAMBLING to find something more controversial. MY CROWN SLIPPING FROM MY FINGERS!

I hope Chemtrails sounds like Born to Die, because Born to Die still sounds great (thanks to Emile's interesting CLEAN production) and a really big sound with strings, hip hop elements, and songs with great hooks. People who say it "aged like milk" are being dramatic. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen as Born to Die was a product that was created without much of Lana's input on production, and she is pretty hands on as we know from her instance of scrappy (UV), paper singing through (LFL) and plain (NFR) direction. 

3lfQEhw.png

People saying BTD "aged like milk" :biblio:  Y'all clearly haven't heard the first half in years!

The second half though... :awkney:

2 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

I think I’d be happy with anything as long as she doesn’t bring back the BTD/Paradise sound. Really sorry but even though BTD is super iconic and will always be one of the most iconic albums in the industry, the music in itself aged like milk. 

the way i gasped- 

:oprah2: just....... no

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

BTD and Paradise are timeless classics. How can that music age sis? What you on? 

I agree. While not all the songs on BTD itself are great from a writing standpoint (and I won't bother to say which I think are weak; I think it's pretty obvious), most are fantastic, even bouncy 'little' bops like 'Radio,' which I really appreciate. I'd like to see the return of clever levity her music, as on 'Hollywood's Dead.' 'Paradise,' however, is, for me, the high point of her career so far, and, for me, 'Cola' is probably the song that defines her vision and persona more than any other. In no way have either 'BTD/P' aged badly. On the contrary.  

So if COCC is going to sound trip-hop-y like 'BTD/P,' I'm all on board. What I don't want is another watery 'NFR.' 

48 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

People saying BTD "aged like milk" :biblio:  Y'all clearly haven't heard the first half in years!

The second half though... :awkney:

What's wrong with Paradise, sir :uh:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

not people in this thread still thinking that listening to lana del rey means they have a superior taste and saying other artists are cringy ed edgy instead...as if lana wasn't the queen of edgyness....anyway stream cocc next saturday 

Instagram Updates - Page 710 - Latest News - LanaBoards - Lana Del ...

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I have been listening to a lot of ariana, Harry, imagine dragons, arctic monkeys lately and now I really want some stronger vocals from her. I need her million dolar belts back.

I need Tired of Singing the Blues screamo Lana.

Lanarat.png

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

not people in this thread still thinking that listening to lana del rey means they have a superior taste and saying other artists are cringy ed edgy instead...as if lana wasn't the queen of edgyness....anyway stream cocc next saturday 

Instagram Updates - Page 710 - Latest News - LanaBoards - Lana Del ...

Why does this sound like is coming from a Lorde stan lmao chill