Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how gorgeous Lana looked during the Lust For Life era? Like I feel we don’t talk about it enough, and we took a lot of looks she gave us during for granted. I’m obvi not saying she looks bad now, because she will always be beautiful. But it really felt like during the LFL era we went back to like 2014 lol.

i know i have my reputation as the #1 NFR hater to keep up, but that's her best album cover. 

the rest are just nice pictures of her, but NFR is an ALBUM COVER. right away, you catch a vibe about the album beyond just "oh she looks pretty and sad with a car in the background." 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

i know i have my reputation as the #1 NFR hater to keep up, but that's her best album cover. 

the rest are just nice pictures of her, but NFR is an ALBUM COVER. right away, you catch a vibe about the album beyond just "oh she looks pretty and sad with a car in the background." 

I honestly thought that was me. :makeup:

@takeitdoen Yes! Not sure if it applies to all performers, but the ones I know like to play songs they usually don't play for Western shows. In a way it's the same when Japan gets special releases with more songs and so on. And audiences are participating but still respectful. I'd love to see her in that environment, like Zepp Tokyo or even festivals like Fuji Rock

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Based on her unreleased stuff its obvious she's had a lot of interest in a more typical pop and high energy sound. Even leading up to the viral hit video games she was making high energy stuff like National anthem (demo is way more high energy than the BTD version) and Diet mountain dew.

so i wonder what drove her to make her debut album almost entirely slow and melancholic, and continue to do it for the rest of her career

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

14 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Based on her unreleased stuff its obvious she's had a lot of interest in a more typical pop and high energy sound. Even leading up to the viral hit video games she was making high energy stuff like National anthem (demo is way more high energy than the BTD version) and Diet mountain dew.

so i wonder what drove her to make her debut album almost entirely slow and melancholic, and continue to do it for the rest of her career

I'd say she could have been bored of trying the high tempo stuff. There are interviews from BTD mentioning about singing in "low register" too because "that wasn't common" and how it worked for her. But she also experimented with more Pop stuff after Ultra. Lust For Life, Honeymoon demos, they're nowhere close to stuff like "Fake Diamond" but they have some pulse. Music is also a mirror from how you've been feeling and it's no new that she wasn't feeling fine during 2011-2014.

Also stuff like Summertime Sadness (Remix) probably annoyed nn.

15 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

u know what was a moment? the SoC guitar bridge yep gpLwFmv.gif

Forever one of her great songs imo. The bridge is INSANE. The combo of that guitar solo and Lana’s background singing is transcendental. 

had to go listen to it :xcry: